It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Who "Gap Year" Announced by the BBC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

The fourth series, starring Tennant, is due to hit TV screens next year, but the fifth will not be seen until 2010.

All I have to say is nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Instead, Tennant, will star in three Doctor Who specials, written by Russell T Davies, on BBC One in 2009.

Oh well, at least we will have three Doctor Who specials to look foward to. I just wish they could have snagged Moffet as the writer, I'm getting sick of RTD already.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I feel this means bad things......perhaps turning Dr. Who into somekind of awful tv movie series.......it'll be like the police academy of sf.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Well the full series will be returning for 2010 and I hope that will be the last season with RTD as lead writer. I really want to see Moffet as the lead writer soon.

What I'm really hoping for from the specials is more information about the Time War. Perhaps they will use this gap year to fill in some plot holes and tie the new series in with the old more firmly. I wouldn't mind a Two Doctors Redux but this time it will be McGann and Tennant or a Three Doctors with McGann, Eccelston and Tennant trying to avert the time war or some such. Perhaps they will bring back the master as well. We'll see. I have faith in the BBC to not mess this up. Even when Dr. Who is just Mediocre, it's still better then 90% of the crap that on TV these days.

join