It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make your best HOAX image

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Ok, after lurking for the most part and seeing each new image torn to shreds I had a thought. Not the smartest thought but a thought nonetheless.

Each time a pic is torn apart everybody has a guess as to how it was faked.

Then we scroll through page after page of people fighting over how it was done.

I am not a photographer nor a CGI person so I must trust those who say they are.

Well, now is the time to prove it!!

Could we start a forum for people to post fakes they have created? This gives the ones who say it can be done a chance to put up or shut up so to speak.

It also would provide those of us less fortunate a chance to see what really is possible to fake so we will become better judges in the future.

Each HOAX would first have to clearly be labeled HOAX so it doesn’t end up all over the internet.

Then at the end of the imagery, the HOAXer would need to tell how they did it.

Thoughts anyone?

edit: title edit

[edit on 16-9-2007 by chissler]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Nice one! I was thinking this myself so I will have a go when I have time I like adobe photoshop and photo manipulation, never tried a hoax pic tho. I bet some people will throw a tantrum about this being 'wrong' but I think its a great idea.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
:w:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Thanks! I figure those who are really good could at least take credit for their work and not be kicked for having fun. I'll be people on this site could do a lot better "work" than the ones who try and fool the members of this site causing us to waste our time.

Climbing down off soapbox

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Optix

Now that's what I'm talking about!!

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This is actually two pictures meshed as one...not really a Hoax just a weird photo i made for fun.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Optix]

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Optix]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA nice!! So we can have funny pics and serious in this thread as well. Sounds good to me. I am amazed at what people can do with this technology.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This was made for an art class - the subject was "Future of Art." My concept is that in the future, "art" will transcend the traditional and digital mediums, as illustrated:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
That is a wicked pic! There are several books I have read that mention advertising on live objects using genetic programming. Scary stuff.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
yeah tha takes a cute pic and turns it into a wild pic. Nice work!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluehaze
That is a wicked pic! There are several books I have read that mention advertising on live objects using genetic programming. Scary stuff.

really? Mind sharing the names of said books? i would love to read them as well

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Decided to sling that Arizona meteorite into the hole in Peru just for the sake of it. Its just a quickie I know its not that great and I bet the meteor is way too large but there y'go.. looks better from a distance. I was going to put some zombies crawling about but couldnt find any decent ones..

Oh and that baby photo is amazing I starred you for that..

[edit on 09/22/2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I realize the scale is probably way off but what the hey.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Nice work all! These could be used in some nice SciFi stories. Still waiting for the one that could "bait" the multitudes. The twin towers one is kind of down the right alley.

As for what books that have mentioned advertising using genetics the last Michael Crichton book had it. The other sources I found doing google searches I did after reading his book. Also was mentioned in either Wired or Popular Science though I no longer have the mags since I turned them in to help the Ronald McDonald house.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
they all look great guys & Gals, keep up the good work.

ProTo FF

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I took a this picture of a ballon that was in the sky. Those types of ballons that are flown at car dealer ships to show they are having a type of event.

I just did a copy and paste job of the ballon, and put them in a formation.
So each of those Ballons are the same ballon, just copied

Its simple, and goes to show just how easy some hoax picture are made and lead to belive its something its not..

Thanks for the thread.. This is a great exercise for researchers.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Nice job!! Now once we start getting a nice group of these then we start trying to SEE if we can find the handiwork using the same principles that are currently in use on the forum. This is our "lab" to see how well we can develop the skills to prove the fakes. If we are able to shred the fakes then when real images are provided, we can be more sure of our backing those that we believe to be the real deal. Does this seem plausible to those interested?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Here's mine. Do I really have to say "It's a Hoax?"

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
HAHAHA but that is still better than anything I could do myself.

Ya know, so far we have some cool & funny ones, and "real" ones that could start a real thread. I still think there is someone out there that could make one so good that even if they said outright "its a HOAX" there would be some who would defend it. Those are the ones that hurt everyone who tries to find the truth. Just like cryptozoology, if it is approached seriously great, and then the "drunk uncle" turns up and spoils everything.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Roswell.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join