It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

okay, normally I don't believe in this crap...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Hi folks, I enjoy going through this stuff but I don't really believe any of it.

That being said, I thought I would relate something that happened to me when I was 14/15 yrs old:

I was in my bedroom of my parent's house in the suburbs of Western Pennsylvania. There is in fact a small municipal airport only a couple of miles away.

Anyway, it was late, I was dozing in my bed, when I felt a presence; yet I could do nothing about it because I felt paralyzed. I felt this presence then I heard this very low-pitched tone ringing in my ears. I did not open my eyes because I was afraid... but the tone in my ears started to grow in intensity. Not only that, but I could detect a harsh blue/white light . I don't know if this makes any sense, but even though my eyes were closed I knew it was a blue/white light. I felt this noise, this light, this... presence approaching my still, paralyzed form and making it's way closer and closer toward me.

I remember that I was sure I could open my eyes but could not move.

I remember saying the Act of Contrition (I was raised Catholic, but didn't really belive then or now.)

It seemed like the noise, the blue/white light, the presence grew to a cresendo, reached a fever pitch, approached as close to me as I could bear -

then disappeared.

It was gone. I could move, and I did. I took off like a shot downstairs where my dad was awake watching TV. He asked me what was wrong and I asked him if he heard anything weird and he said no.

Needless to say, I was shook up for awhile after that.

I attribute this to the phenonmenon of sleep paralysis but would genuinely like to know what some of you may think of this.

Thanks,

Theketar

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
This is a channeled conversation with 6th density STO unified thought form. This may help you at least partially. I'd not discount this just because it is channeled, that'd be a mistake.
------------------------------------------------

To give you a little background, as I have said before, up to a certain moment in time I do not ever remember seeing or experiencing an "alien" being or an "abduction" that could be clearly stated to be such - whether it was assumed to be physical or imagined. I HAVE made disconcerting discoveries about my state when awakening, or have dreamlike memories of very strange things which then corresponded to some sort of physical or material anomaly that I would immediately "sweep under the rug." But, in the following case, I DID wake up in the night to very strange activity which I have described more fully elsewhere on the site. Here, I want to focus on the LESSON of that experience applied in GLOBAL terms. So, let's look at it again, edited and arranged for this particular purpose:

Q: (L) The first thing on my mind is an experience I had several nights ago. It seemed as though there was some sort of interaction between myself and something "other." Could you tell me what this experience was?
A: Was eclipsing of the realities.
Q: (L) What is an eclipsing of the realities?
A: It is when energy centers conflict.
Q: (L) What energy centers are conflicting?
A: Thought energy centers.
Q: (L) Whose thoughts?
A: Thoughts are the basis of all creation. After all, without thought nothing would exist. Now would it?
Q: (L) True.
A: Therefore, energy centers conflicting involve thought patterns. You could refer to it as an intersecting of thought pattern energies. ...
Q: (L) I also seemed to be aware of several dark, spider-like figures lined up by the side of the bed, was this an accurate impression.
A: Those could be described as specific thought center projections.
Q: (L) I seemed to be fighting and resisting this activity.
A: That was your choice. ...
Q: (L) At what level of density do these thought centers have their primary focus?
A: Thought centers do not have primary focus in any level of density. This is precisely the point. You are not completely familiar with the reality of what thoughts are. We have spoken to you on many levels and have detailed many areas involving density level, but thoughts are quite a different thing because they pass through all density levels at once. Now, let us ask you this. Do you not now see how that would be possible?
Q: (L) Yes. But what I am trying to do is identify these conflicting thought centers. If two thought centers, or more, conflict, then my idea would be that they are in opposition.
A: Correct. ...
Q: (L) Okay, in the experience I felt a paralysis of my body, what caused this paralysis.
A: Yes. Separation of awareness. Which is defined as any point along the pathway where one's awareness becomes so totally focused on one thought sector that all other levels of awareness are temporarily receded, thereby making it impossible to become aware of one's physical reality along with one's mental reality. This gives the impression of what is referred to as paralysis. Do you understand?
Q: (L) Yes. And what stimulates this total focus of awareness?
A: An event which sidetracks, temporarily, the mental processes.
Q: (L) And what event can sidetrack the mental processes to this extent?
A: Any number.
Q: (L) In this particular case, what was it?
A: It was an eclipsing of energies caused by conflicting thought centers. Whenever two opposing units of reality intersect, this causes what can be referred to as friction, which, for an immeasurable amount of what you would refer to as time, which is, of course, nonexistent, creates a nonexistence, or a stopping of the movements of all functions. This is what we would know as conflict. In between, or through any intersecting, opposite entities, we always find zero time, zero movement, zero transference, zero exchange. Now think about this. Think about this carefully.
Q: (L) Does this mean that I was, essentially, in a condition of nonexistence?
A: Well, nonexistence is not really the proper term, but non-fluid existence would be more to the point. Do you understand?
Q: (L) Yes. Frozen, as it were?
A: Frozen, as it were.
Q: (L) Was there any benefit to me from this experience?
A: All experiences have potential for benefit.
Q: (L) Was there any detriment from this experience?
A: All experiences have potential for detriment. Now, do you see the parallels? We are talking about any opposing forces in nature, when they come together, the result can go all the way to the extreme of one side or all the way to the extreme of the other. Or, it can remain perfectly, symmetrically in balance in the middle, or partially in balance on one side or another. Therefore all potentials are realized at intersecting points in reality. ...
Q: (L) Was one of these conflicting thought centers or energies some part of me?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) And was it eclipsed by interacting with a thought center energy that was part of or all of something or someone else?
A: Or, was what happened a conflicting of one energy thought center that was a part of your thought process and another energy thought center that was another part of your thought process? We will ask you that question and allow you to contemplate.
Q: (L) Does it ever happen that individuals who perceive or think they perceive themselves to have experienced an "abduction," to actually be interacting with some part of themselves?
A: That would be a very good possibility. Now, before you ask another question, stop and contemplate for a moment: what possibilities does this open up? Is there any limit? And if there is, what is that? Is it not an area worth exploring? For example - just one example for you to digest - what if the abduction scenario could take place where your soul projection, in what you perceive as the future, can come back and abduct your soul projection in what you perceive as the present?
Q: (L) Oh, dear! Does this happen?
A: This is a question for you to ask yourself and contemplate.
Q: (L) Why would I do that to myself? (J) To gain knowledge of the future.
A: Are there not a great many possible answers?
Q: (L) Well, this seemed to be a very frightening and negative experience. If that is the case: a) maybe that is just my perception, or b) then, in the future I am not a very nice person! (J) Or maybe the future isn't very pleasant. And the knowledge that you gained of it is unpleasant.
A: Or is it one possible future, but not all possible futures? And is the pathway of free will not connected to all of this?
Q: (L) God! I hope so.
A: Now do you see the benefit in slowing down and not having prejudices when asking questions of great import? You see when you speed too quickly in the process of learning and gathering knowledge, it is like skipping down the road without pausing to reflect on the ground beneath you. One misses the gold coins and the gemstones contained within the cracks in the road. ...
Q: (L) Okay, when this experience occurred, am I to assume that some part of myself, a future self perhaps, of course they are all simultaneous but just for the sake of reference, came back and interacted with my present self for some purpose of exchange?
A: Well this is a question best left for your own exploration as you will gain more knowledge by contemplating it by yourself rather than seeking the answers here. But a suggestion is to be made that you do that as you will gain much, very much knowledge by contemplating these very questions on your own and networking with others as you do so. Be not frustrated for the answers to be gained through your own contemplation will be truly illuminating to you and the experience to follow will be worth a thousand lifetimes of pleasure and joy.

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I do know about your feeling of penalization. I have felt that way before in a house we lived in that was "haunted" as some call it; now that I look back I don't think it was "haunted", but rather probably a spirit of a past person/relative. My older brother past away around that time, so that could explain the "haunting".

I once was in a paralyzed position once when I was a kid; it was late and I was in bed trying to fall asleep (bedtime
), and I heard noises. I was afraid, and then I heard my closet door open. I didn't know what it was, but I was to afraid to move, and just laid there under my blankets with my eyes closed. I eventually got the nerve to jump up and turn on my light; there it was my closet door was open, and my room door was cracked open (i keep it closed when going to sleep). Now I'm not saying it wasn't my dad or somebody, but "freakier" things have happen other than this, it's just this is the only one that "froze me in bed".

Now the tone, and blue/white light I can't comment on. Don't know what was going on there but interesting. Being that this is in the Aliens and UFOs board, I�ve read about abductions where people where literally paralyzed where they couldn't move. if the polarization was done by the beings or from an overwelmingness of fear is another question.

Are you seriously saying that you felt "paralyzed" or where in an overwhelming fear of penalization? If your telling the truth, and truly believe you where paralyzed then that would be freaky....

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm sorry, lilblam, I just don't understand a lot of what you're asking. I am just looking to see if anyone else has had this type of experience and what it might mean.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Sleep paralasis has happend to me more then one time. It started when I was about 5 years old I remember being awake my eyes able to move but my body totally limp like i was strapped down by some unseen force. It was totally scary to me then. Then about age 14 it happend again I remember 2 times more. It would hold my body while I was awake and I couldnt flex I was so scarred. It hasn't happend in a long time thank god.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Its no big deal and if your into serious meditation, it happens all the time, you can use it to your benifit if your into lucid dreaming remote viewing or Out of Body seeming experiences..
Its nothing to worry about, you were just aware of your sleep stages

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I get sleep paralysis quite regularly, last time was a few days ago. Scares the bejesus outta me every single time, though at least after the fact i know what happened and can get to sleep.

Actually the last time was quite nasty, as while it happened my eyes were still kinda open but fluttering and it felt like something jumped onto my legs. ack

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
one time when i was little, i woke up to what feeled like a strong wind in my face. Now this feeling was incredibly real. It WAS real i believe. It was gone in about 2-3 seconds. # it was scary though. Imagine waking up to find your face being pushed back by a wind like force. It has sound too like a very loud version of someone breathing out. any ideas on what it is or is it just a figment of my imagination?

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by thekatar

I remember saying the Act of Contrition (I was raised Catholic, but didn't really belive then or now.)

It seemed like the noise, the blue/white light, the presence grew to a cresendo, reached a fever pitch, approached as close to me as I could bear -

then disappeared.

There was a farmer who once apparently spotted his child being abducted by greys he chased them but the greys ignored him then he shouted "Drop My Son Or My God Will Destroy You And Your Ship" something like that and the greys dropped him and left. Apparently he was a strong catholic and believed god would do this 100% the greys were then aware of this and left ASAP. So if these greys do exist then they must be aware of some sort of god. Not saying it was a true or happened just something I read out of a book ages ago.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by quiksilver
one time when i was little, i woke up to what feeled like a strong wind in my face. Now this feeling was incredibly real. It WAS real i believe. It was gone in about 2-3 seconds. # it was scary though. Imagine waking up to find your face being pushed back by a wind like force. It has sound too like a very loud version of someone breathing out. any ideas on what it is or is it just a figment of my imagination?

Someone Breathing out? Mabey, how warm was this "wind"?

[Edited on 1-31-2004 by TheMachine]

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Some people who have sleep paralysis do report feeling like they are falling down, or that a presence or light was in the room, so that might have been it. Don't know about the noise though.

I used to get sleep paralysis all the time, kind of got used to it but recently I haven't had it happen. At first it is scary, but after a while its not too bad and you learn to wake yourself up from it.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I had my first experience with sleep paralysis/NDE/OBE whatever it's called when I was 19. I was in college and awoke to a feeling of being completely surrounded by something very form-fitted. It was almost as if every millimeter of my skin was in contact with something.
I tried to move, but could not. The harder I tried to move, the louder this noise, which I can only describe as the sound one hears when one yawns, would become. I would actually, after many of these experiences, fight the grip so hard that the noise became deafening. When these first came to be, I had my girlfriend of that month wake me up whenever she knew I was having one. She said my body would get very, very rigid and start trembling.

Anyway, back to the story - the first time - I eventually fell back to sleep, but later awoke to find myself suspended 4-5 feet from the ground, face up, and moving towards my bedroom door. It was exactly as if I was being carried. The last thing I remember of that first evening was being turned and maneuvered to fit through the doorway without hitting my head on the jam.

These incidents continued with a high frequency for the next couple years. I now only experience them once per month or so - there could be more that I forget in the night. I'm much more ambivalent about them now than I am scared. They used to terrify me - I had no idea what they were or how to react. My lily asse even called my Mom like the second time I was so freaked out. I thought I was out of my friggin head.

I have found that, if I awake from one of these episodes, I can turn over onto my other side (I sleep on my side) and I will usually fall back asleep with no recurrence during the night.

Mind you, when these started I was under no stress and I was doing nothing out of the ordinary for a 19 year-old college student. I am now almost 31 and still have them, as I said, on occassion.

I had one particualr experience that was odd. I awoke to be face up over my bed about 1 foot from the ceiling. It was rather uncomfortable - akin to being made to face the wall when you were a kid. I only remember that brief moment. I awoke later to the sight of a black panther with glowing red eyed in my face at the side of the bed. I swatted at the panther and, when I got up in the morning, I noticed I had knocked my alarm clock from the make-shift nightstand (I was in college - it was probably a stack of Gumby's Pizza boxes). I'm assuming that, in my sleep, I construed the red LEDs on my alarm clock to be glowing eyes. The curious part to me is: the idea of my eyes being open and retrieving information and that the interpretation my brain made was so abstract.

Anyway - those are my experiences. The damn paralysis #e sucks.

I'd love to hear anyone else's thoughts/experiences.

Shawn

[Edited on 31-1-2004 by shawndavid]

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
All it is is night terrors and sleep paralysis, it is quite common. I find the night terrors and sleep paralysis go hand in hand.

Night Terrors Symptoms: Sudden awakening from sleep, persistent fear or terror that occurs at night, screaming, sweating, confusion, rapid heart rate, inability to explain what happened, usually no recall of "bad dreams" or nightmares, may have a vague sense of frightening images. Many people see spiders, snakes, animals or people in the room, are unable to fully awake, difficult to comfort, with no memory of the event on awakening the next day.

Sleep Paralysis

The characteristics of sleep paralysis are as follows:

Inability to move or speak for 30 seconds - 3 minutes
Speech is difficult or almost impossible
Happens before falling asleep or just after waking up
Can be hereditary
Can be brought on by stress
Sleep paralysis is the experience of waking up (usually form a dream) and feeling paralyzed, except for being able to breathe and move the eyes. Hypnogogic hallucinations and sleep paralysis may occur together. These conditions are common in people with narcolepsy but can also effect others, particularly people who are sleep-deprived. Although a pretty terrifying event, these events are not physically harmful. There are two major types of sleep paralysis: common (typical) also known as CSP and hallucinatory (hypnagogic) sleep paralysis known as HSP.

Differences between CSP and HSP.

CSP is common and universal, HSP is rare and seems to be geographically episodic.
CSP is only unnerving for the sleeper but HSP is accompanied by a nightmare like hallucination.
CSP is of relatively short duration where HSP can last as long as seven or eight minutes.

One of the most important differences between Night Terrors and CSP is that CSPs occurs in Stage one of sleep and Night Terrors occur in stage four.

Different cultures throughout time have interpreted HSPs as different spirits or events.

Ancestral ghosts - Southeast Asians
Hag - Irish and Scottish
Cats - Chinese
Spectral foxes - Japanese
Djinn - Arabs
Guilt - Romans and the Egyptians
Witchcraft - Mexicans
Vampires - Europeans
Demons - Medieval Europe

HSPs are usually a vision of a small creature that sits on the victims chest. The creature then either compresses the chest or attempts to strangulate the victim. Almost all attacks have been reported by people sleeping on their backs.

Check out: www.nightterrors.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Anyways, it used to happen to me all the time. You can feel its onset. Your body starts to go numb and feel's very heavy - you feel a sense of dread, another presence. You start hearing a buzzing sound in your years - in crescendo. You may start to hallucinate and see varying colors on your eyelids. But, if you wake up right at the moment your body starts to feel heavy and numb - it will immediately go away. You must stay up for about 10 minutes though, because if you go back to sleep immediately after waking up, it will start again.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
sleep paralysis happens when you are entering or coming out of REM sleep. your body releases hormones to paralyze your muscles so that you cannot act out on your dreams. if your mind happens to awaken before the hormones have worn off, then thats what sleep paralysis is...at least that is what I have read about it at a few places.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have never had sleep paralysis as far as I know, and seeing as I am the only one that would know (unless of course I told someone), I do not believe I have experienced it. I am not sure if this is in any way similar to sleep paralysis, but every once in a while I will have a dream where I am in a fist fight with someone, but I am unable to move my arms to punch them, or they feel so weak that mustering the energy to hit my opponent is impossible. The "weak arms" dream is more common, though. The person that I am fighting is always someone that I know, but they are usually one of my closer friends. Naturally, I dislike these dreams.

new topics

top topics

join