It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Bin Laden Video Is a Forgery?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I am not going to make any claims about who faked the video etc.
But I found this bit of information very interesting while surfing the net about the video.

Link
"On the basis of the picture, his face looks more lined than in the last video, released in October 2004. But thanks to his trimmed and dyed beard, bin Laden manages to look younger. In his last appearance his flowing beard had turned almost completely grey. This time it is dark black. But the makeover, possibly evidence of a mid-life crisis for the former millionaire businessman, risks provoking doubts among some of his militant followers, who normally frown on trimmed beards as a sign of vanity.
Wearing a beard is not obligatory for Muslim men and is only "Sunna" or following the lifestyle of Muhammad.
But some radical Islamic sects, particularly bin Laden's allies in the Taliban movement in Afghanistan, consider it compulsory for adult Muslims.
Clean-shaven men, and those who trim their beards, were often punished for the perceived crime.
Until now bin Laden has left his beard long and uncut. Some conservative Muslims henna their beards, but it is rare to dye them black. "

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I could spin round and round about how this or that in the clip shows it is a fake. I skip all that and go straight to the point, who does it help. It once again helps the corporate agenda. Now whenever a person questions the corruption or consolidation of power and wealth, the average fox watcher will only remember that Osama said the same thing.

I am however interested in why this new fake was rolled out at this time. I still think the b52/nuke thing may have been a foiled 9/11 part 2. Many other odd things happened recently and a BinLaden tape in the pipeline would also be expected.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
the underlying reason for OBL to change his appearance could be because
AQ is aiming at a new target audience...
converts among the 2nd generation europeans who have ethnic heritage
from foreign & maybe Muslim countries.

take for example the German group of conspirators, one actual native German convert, the others were from immigrant family stock.

the 'fake' Osama icon, is really just a modernized image, marketed for the immigrant european community...the poor & disenchanted from the EU
democracies who are found at a 'dead-end' conveyor belt...
whereas, the former, grey bearded, devouted, legacy Islamic practicioner
who following the Mohammed lifestyle...was just too 'dated' for the modern community of european ethnics with no place or leader to address their situations...

notice that both vidos use the same 'template' image of OBL,
and the AQ media arm uses voice-over messages/speeches

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It is possible the CIA faked it

It is possible Alkeida faked it.

But answer this for me, if Alkeida faked it why are we not hearing that from the CIA. If we can see the rediculousness of the authenticity, why can't our goverment, or our media.

The fact that the media does not point out the fakery tells far more then anything the tape could say. It says they are cooperating with whatever 'message' this tape is meant to deliver.

Either the CIA made the tape, or Osama flipped our entire media.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
i was thinking about this more and if it is a fake made by extremists, then it would seem likely that this is a well played propaganda tape to further separate republicans and democrats.

we need to quit relying on the media so much and go back to the roots this country was founded on. this is a country of the people, by the people and for the people. our differences just give those against us the greatest weapon they could ever use.... division... we are suppose to be the united states not the divided states...

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Does anyone know a working link to the full quality video (677MB)? All the archive.org links I found are down.

groups.google.com...

Unfortunately, every link that I knew of is currently down, and most links were only up for a few hours.

Some were taken down due to bandwidth issues. (Imagine 100,000 people all trying to download a 677 Meg file.) A few people claimed to have received letters from the government stating that they were distributing terrorist materials. (Which, technically, would be correct.) I do not have either issue -- I do not have permission from the copyright holder to redistribute. (Yes, even As-Sahab has rights under Copyright law.)

There are a couple of different version floating around. The main file, "s.MPG", is 677 Megs (sha1:b4137dc358a68574f8a6849dc332fb19d83a3481). There is also an 86 Meg version with lower quality graphics but all of the audio. I think this file is named "os_asd.rmvb".
link

[edit on 12-9-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

[edit on 12-9-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Don't know where you can download a full "high quality" copy, but you can view the full video here.

[edit on 9/12/07 by makeitso]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Here's a working link found thru infowars:
ia341242.us.archive.org.nyud.net...

www.infowars.net...

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
the whole thing is probably a goverment put on. lets think about it for a minute who did bin laden used to work for us . who stands to benefit from war are companies like halburton, blackwater most defense contractors.
do you really beleive that if alqeda wanted to attack us right now we could stop them no. i don't know about rest of country but in my area every 4th
gas station is owned and operated by people from pakistan do you think alqeda if they wanted to could get gas styaions all across country and use gas tankers as big suicide bombs they could easily. the tape is for sure a scam put on by an actor. all those bombings in londan and madrid and everywhere else in world do you think they would leave us be for 6 years hell no.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This was on digg today, www.news.com... It says the Latest Bin Laden Videos are fake. I only skimmed it but maybe someone else will find it interesting.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Personaly i dont think Bin Ladin exists at all he is compairable to Emmanuel Goldstein (the leader of the brotherhood in orwell's book 1984) mearly a creation of the american goverment to instill fear in to those that are loyal and lure those that are deveant and to create an unwinnable war for "it does not mater if the war is not real or wether it is, victory is not possible the. war is not ment to be won it is ment to be continus, the hierarchy of human sosiety is only posible on the bacis of poverty and ignorance, the war is waged betwen the ruleing group agent its own subjects and its victory is not over eurasia or eastasia but to keep the very structure of socity intact" -Gorge orwell

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I think maybe... Bush and Bin Laden are business buddies. Bin Laden doesn't care if they put fake videos out of him he probably gets well paid!? maybe even some cosmetic surgery
or maybe he is dead, or underground with hitler and elvis. (joke)

As you all know mainstream media is a load of lies. Tel-LIE-vision. All they want people to do is get emotional and believe it so they can manipulate them into backing up Bush when he decides to go blow up another country or accept whatever solution they have to offer.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I think that one of the most interesting things about this video is the presentation. This 'frame within a frame' style with Arabic and English sub-titles does a lot to distract you from the film. I was a fair way into the film when I noticed that the film had stopped moving. Why do they need Arabic sub-titles anyway with perfect clear audio such as they have?

Is the raw footage available anywhere? Presumably if you are making a video address from a mountain cave / miami condo or wherever, you would not put your own sub-titles on it would you? Who added these sub-titles and who says they are an accurate translation anyway?

I know that it is hardly rocket science to spot as fake film of OBL (or whoever) saying "I love George W" but substituted sub-titles saying "I hate George W" - that would be too easy but are we sure that all of the nuances of the Arab tongue have been taken into account - Another explaination for some of the bland statements he makes?

After all is said and done, it only needs to fool some of the people some of the time not all of the people all of the time. How many TV dinner munchers are really going to sit through everything OBL says - especially the opening bit which will put off a lot of people. Most people will prefer to sit back and be told what to think by whatever 'security' correspondant has been brought in.

I like what he has done with his beard BTW - It takes years off him

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Here is a fake OBL video. Don't know who made it, but its pretty funny.

At least I think its a fake,

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

That video is great - it is better than the 'original' - perhaps OBL can go to that production team next time he wants to give a message to the world...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join