It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS MIX: 19 - Memories Of 9/11 By ATS Members, Amigos & Staff

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
ATS MIX:

Memories Of 9/11 By ATS Members, Amigos & Staff - ATS MIX Show 19

Since show 19 landed on the 6th Anniversary of the September 11th, 2001 terrorist attacks against the United States and its people, Dave and Johnny decided to put regular programming on the back burner for a few days and concentrate on a 911 show that pays tribute to those policemen and firemen that gallantly gave their lives to help others, to those that were innocent victims of the attacks, to the heroic and courageous passengers of United Airlines Flight 93 and to the thousands of families that keep their spirits alive each and every day since. You will hear memories of that fateful day from AboveTopSecret.Com Owners Simon Gray, Springer and Skeptic Overlord. You will also hear personal stories from some of the ATS Moderators and Membership. “Calling All Angels” courtesy of Issa (formerly Jane Siberry) whose websites are www.issalight.com... and www.sheeba.ca.... WE will NEVER FORGET!

length: 44:49
file: atsmix_2571.mp3
size: 21012k
feed: atsmix

To DOWNLOAD This Program, Put Your Mouse Cursor Over the BLUE SHOW FILE NAME, Then RIGHT CLICK. Slide The Cursor Down To SAVE TARGET AS And Then CLICK .... Now Just Decide WHERE You Want To Download The File To And CLICK SAVE. You Might Also Consider SUBSCRIBING To The Shows Through iTunes Where They Are Downloaded To Your computer Automatically.

Please FLAG, STAR & DIGG This Mutha!

[edit on 9/19/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This podcast was amazing.

I sit here with a heavy heart and tears streaming down my face. I thank you all for sharing your feelings.

We as a people need to change and to start bringing love and peace for all.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
i wish i could have contributed but the toll free wasn't for people in the U.K

On that morning i had just got back from my weekly shop.

Was watching the news as the story broke, first tower on fire small plane etc etc....

Seeing people leaping out of windows made me feel the worse i have ever felt, i experienced every second as if each tick was an hour, i'm gonna keep this short because i know we all felt the same.

When the towers fell i cried and so did the wife.
whenever i see footage of them falling even know i get the same horrid feeling in my stomach as fresh as the day it happened.

Every nano second of this event is ingrained forever in my mind.

These people and this event should never be forgotten.

This is our generations JFK..

9/11 the day the world changed forever

Peace to all.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
me & my measely peasely dial up are attempting to load this so I can hear it to.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Therivergoddess

The emotion in your voice has moved me deeply and many of your words struck major chords with me .

i applaud your participation in this podcast and all others that contributed thanx to you all.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I have to agree the podcast was Amazing! Very Professional. Thank-you to all who participated. Beautiful song "Calling All Angels" and a beautiful voice. The best broadcast I've ever heard. So heartfelt coming from our members and mods. What can I say?....I Loved it.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
You will forget, eventually. Thats just the way this reality rolls.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienNation

Maybe if Alzheimers sets in...

Things I'll never forget

Hurricane Hazel... that mid-fifties storm destroyed our first farmhouse in Canada. It flooded out the town closest to us.

The October Crisis... I remember staying up all night listening to the speeches at the UN and worriedly reading the papers. My father was particularly concerned and contemplated moving north. In fact, he did eventually move to the Northwest Territories believing it a safer place than crowded Ontario.

The Kennedy assasination... I was in English class when our teacher was informed. He then told a stunned class the news.

The events of 9/11, 2001 will be in my memories until the day I die.

NOTHING of that day will be softened by time.

[edit on 10/9/07 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I took your proclamation of "we will never forget" not so much as a you in particular, but more as the country and the world as a whole. I do apologize if i mis-understand your point, i didn't mean it has a slight against you or anybody else. It just reminded of Marcus Aurelius's point that we will all be forgotten one day. We will die and our memories will live on for maybe a couple generation, but soon everything is forgotten in this world.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
AN....

If I can jump in here...... I think everyday people like you and I will eventually run our course.... siblings, family, etc., one day.... no one will give a rat's buttocks about or even remember you or I. That said, I think monumental world events.... will NEVER be forgotten. I just turned 59...... and Johnny will tell you in a heart beat that my memory sucks...... but I remember every major event that has ever happened in my lifetime. Considering that those that were mentioned previously are in books, CDs, DVDs and movies in every language around the world..... the only way one would forget.... is if one were DEAD!

I hope the day NEVER COMES that I EVER FORGET the tragedies and heartbreaks that has occurred in my lifetime.

Thanks for your post.

Dave

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I am bumping this thread.
It deserves a bump.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Thanks RG.....

And thanks for such a great story. This is WHY I love RADIO. If I had READ the same thing.... it would have been interesting, but it would not even come CLOSE to HEARING your accounts of that day IN YOUR OWN WORDS.

THAT is what made it SPECIAL and will be HEARD WORLDWIDE for years to come.

Your Bud...

Dave

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

This will only be monumental until the next monumental event, and then the next monumental event and so on and so on. I really don't see what the big deal is. A couple of planes hit a couple of buildings and some people died. 10,000 children die everyday because of treatable diseases and starvation. I think that it is worse that we let kids die of starvation then what happened on 9/11. I think that it is worse that thousands died due to the nuclear bombs the US dropped on Japan, and i would guess that every generation, less and less people don't even know that it occurred, same goes for the holocaust.

Now to qualify this i do not live in the US so i'm sure that it has more meaning to you then it does me. I just think that in the big picture as far as monumental events, this is not on the top.

With no disrespect towards you or the people who hold this close to their hearts, i just think its healthy to take a step back and look at things detached from emotional bonds.

On further reflection it is probably not even my place to post on this thread, this is a US thing and not a international thing.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I'm not an American either, but, as a Canadian, I won't forget.

9/11 was a huge event on a par with the attack on Pearl Harbour and , though it happened before I was born, I know enough about it to speculate and consider the how's and why's of it.

There are other incidents in human history that should not and will not be forgotten. They are too many to name in one thread... truly.

As they say, those that do not remember history are doomed to repeat it.

How many times has the Caliphate been mentioned in regard to 9/11? That was hundreds of years ago and yet it is relevant today.
Does religious oppression not have any historical signifigance? Is radical religious fundamentalism a potential threat no matter what theocracy we're talking about?

Read my signature. We forget such things at our peril.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Bravo.

An amazing pod cast, very real and this just shows me how grateful I am to be around such amazing people.

I am proud to know you all, because we are of all different ages, sizes, colours, nations and gender and we can come together and unite and show our enemies (sp) that ::~

" you may knock us down but damn you we will fight you till the day we die, you will not succeed while there is air in good people's lungs!"

God Bless you all.

Oni x x

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Oni x x]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I've listened to it 3 times now. Absolutely amazing. It's an HONOR to be a part of this thing we call ATS.

I will always remember.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm about to hurt alot of peoples feeling right now...I hate the fact people lost thier lives on 9/11 is sad....It's sad that their are children who will grow up and never know their parents, it's sad that families were torn apart, it's sad loved ones were lost...But it sad to know that people have just been taken the governments word on what happened to those lost. 9/11 didn't affect me..Not one bit when I saw the video first thing that popped into my mind was "damn" another drunk pilot. I hate that this touched so many I think thats sad. But today I don't feel one bit different than on that day.

I refuse to let this event change my American way and people who can't let this go need to take a long look back into history this country has survived everything, Peal Harbor, WWI, WWII, etc. We will always survive we are America me, you,my kids, your kids but using this event to kill our soldiers and force others to our way of life isn't the answer.
So 2 the fallen we need to honor ,not the event we are making bigger than those who lost thier life. I know I just pissed off a few in here it's o.k. because that is America and you will be pissed off at another I'm not the last. But don't let this event become bigger than our future don't let this past happening shape the way our country is going to be left to our children. We will soon hand over a country to new generation who wasn't alive on 9/11 so it will have not affected them. What we do now will.
If we shape our laws to take our freedoms those laws will surely take our childrens freedoms and if we force our will upon others now, then they will hold our children for those sins. What we as America do today will only reflect upon our children.

9/11 UNLEARN!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
[edit on 9/11/2007 by donwhite]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'd like to remind everyone that this thread is intended solely to talk about either the podcast, or what they personally remember on that "one" particularly fateful day. It is not a thread for you to share your theories, concepts, curiousities, proof or anything else I've forgotten. There are plenty of spots and areas in the forum to speak your mind freely.

But a somber tribute to the dead and living of 9-11 is not the proper place and I take any post otherwise as disrespect to not just me, but to them also.

Thank You,
Johnny Anonymous

[edit on 11-9-2007 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienNation
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

On further reflection it is probably not even my place to post on this thread,

Thats the best thing I've read all day...

I was taught and try to live by... "if you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all"...

so... now that I've sort of broken that rule...

Johnny and Dave, thanks for all the hard work you put into the ATS Mix shows. I appreciate you.

Also, thanks to everyone who was able to share thier stories with us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join