It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why haven't they attacked yet?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Astronauts, commercial pilots, law enforcement, presidents of the united states have all had eyes on confirmation of ufo's performing manuevers unknown to current technology. Because they can't lead a little gray man to your door to introduce you is unfortunate. With the trillions of billions of star systems is it not astronomically less assumptive that other races exist that are much older and advanced than ours. In geological terms yesterday we were swinging from trees eating bananas and nuts.

Don't forget margaret thatcher's comment "ufos, you must get your facts straight and i can't tell the people. If it's true, can't really explain that away so easily.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by redled

They attack overtly the ones that they do not control. They attack covertly by disease, mind control and manipulation (gogues), influence, monetary gain (can not buy or sell without the mark).

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Siren]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I doubt that every single entity in the galaxy progresses with technology like us.

Lets say there is a peaceful race, why would they develop super advanced weaponry.
Because they have super advanced warpdrives?
For all we know they don't even have weapons (Or they have super-advanced weaponry, but no warp-drives to get here).

But I guess people like the theory of Scrin invading earth and harvesting tiberium and sending alien motherships to shoot catalyst beams of imminent death.

Oh well, guess we'll await the come of Kane and his Nod brotherhood, lmao.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

Apply Occam's Razor and if you come up with Story A using only the Razor, please explain how it is the simpler explanation.

By applying Occam's Razor, it would be inevitable that a superior race would find us. We have been sending out primative radio waves for decades. Of course someone would hear them, and if technologically advanced, come to investigate.

However, there is the condition of being technologically advanced.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by -0mega-

Lets say there is a peaceful race, why would they develop super advanced weaponry.

Perhaps it is because earth is not a peaceful place. Ever consider how they would look.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Siren makes a very good point. Mayhap they see us as a barbaric race and are waiting to see if we destroy ourselves. Save them the hassle.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I have a really good suggestion for putting your fabled 'occums razor' Malfunction, but I would rather continue to post. You are a shameless troll bent on diversion. Why you choose a gay pirate as an avatar is fairly evident.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by jpm1602]

[edit on 10-9-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Hey, I like Captain Jack. And the UFOs are cool.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Starlight Angel]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
An effeminate character as that wouldn't last a day on a ship.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
To get back on topic... You, by your own sig:

"There are more things in heaven and earth Horatio, then are dreampt of in your philosophy. "

should understand the context of Occam's Razor.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I agree that the most likely explanation is that they haven't attacked yet because they are not here. We really don't have any solid proof just yet. Seeing a craft move in a way that you "think" is way above our current technology doesn't prove that aliens are flying it. We need rock solid evidence of aliens here.

But if they are here, they must be benevolent or at least have some kind of interest in us worth keeping us alive for. Another possibility is that the ones who are here are benevolent, and that no malevolent race has had enough time to reach our planet yet. There might be empirialistic races out there, but given the size of the universe who knows what it takes to travel around and conquer people. One more possibility is that there is some sort of galactic law or code that is against invading planets.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
What I understand is a disportionate amount of regular people having sightings of most irregular occurences.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
As I recall, there were many sightings of peculiar aircraft in the '80s. Turned out to be the Stealth Bomber on trials.

However, similar sightings are recorded as far back as pre-historic times. Cave wall drawings depicting a man in what appears to be a space capsule.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
This thread is bouge. With everything thats going on right now, this is the focus of ATS? plucky is disappointed!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by omi_kron_gravitron

As for whales, there is currently too much legislation preventing the mass whale hunts of the past. As for sealions, I don't know, maybe people tried in the past and found them to taste bad. Butterflies? Please not enough meat to make a snack.

Back to the original question and also answering along the same lines, maybe there are save the human conservation groups among extra-terrestrials that have a strong government backing and strong penalities to human hunters? It's a thought.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You have to remember that Earth is 70% water.

The Grey's I know can not survive up here because there is to much oxygen in our air however, they can breathe thin air.

If they wanted to take us over they could have since the beginning of time. What we have for weapons are toys compared to there weapons. It would be quite easy for them to take this planet over or out if they wanted to.

Actually they protect us not only because we are a good study but Earth is there Laboratory and they "will not allow humans to totally destroy her.

There are many species right here in the deepest of our waters and there is nothing we have that can reach them. They can come in and out of our waters anywhere they want the ships are air and water.

Hopefully your day will come and you will know, then you try to talk to people and tell them what you saw. You will see it isn't easy trying to wake people.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they aren't here. The Universe is full of life.

The Grey's have a bad name but they are not all bad, are all humans bad because there are bad humans.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by observe50]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by redled

The reason you haven't seen any physical attack because nigh on half the population are either alien or are under alien control.
The two top alien races in control at the moment are enemies of each other and do show their vengeance towards each other but it is cloaked by their technology. Sonic booms have been heard in violent thunder storms this gives me the idea that our alien friends are warring in the skies above us.
The year 2012 has been spoken of, is this the year of the worlds end perhaps we won't know until it gets here but this has been said over time millenium, but you can surely see how things are being implicated much faster now i have just posted a thread regarding the british judge wishing everyone to have their dna recorded.
The aliens have been here since time began because they started it, we are the by product of their genetic engineering, some have alien in them some are true light beings who have been trapped by the aliens trapped encased in the soul.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn 123
reply to post by redled

The reason you haven't seen any physical attack because nigh on half the population are either alien or are under alien control.
The two top alien races in control at the moment are enemies of each other and do show their vengeance towards each other but it is cloaked by their technology. Sonic booms have been heard in violent thunder storms this gives me the idea that our alien friends are warring in the skies above us.
The year 2012 has been spoken of, is this the year of the worlds end perhaps we won't know until it gets here but this has been said over time millenium, but you can surely see how things are being implicated much faster now i have just posted a thread regarding the british judge wishing everyone to have their dna recorded.
The aliens have been here since time began because they started it, we are the by product of their genetic engineering, some have alien in them some are true light beings who have been trapped by the aliens trapped encased in the soul.

wow...

youre on the iggy list. j/k hehe

[edit on 10-9-2007 by omi_kron_gravitron]

[edit on 10-9-2007 by omi_kron_gravitron]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Anyone with even a cursory knowledge of 20th century history is aware that the reason aliens have not yet attackes us is that, so far, a reticulate and frangible series of treaties between the world superpowers and the Greys has held in place. These treaties certainly go back as far as General Nathan Farragut Twining and the Majestic 12 (as well as the JASON scholars) in the United States, formed in response to the Roswell Incident of 1947. It may go back as far as the Tunguska Event of 1908. If this is true, then there must have been a period of unbearable angst amongst those in the know following the Bolshevik Revolution of 1917 and the need to re-evaulate and re-negotiate the framework of the interplanetary detente.

That the Thule Society (which later helped Hitler come to power) was preoccupied with the idea of flying saucers and of strong gods from beyond the stars is undeniable. Some contend that the atomic bomb had more to do with demonstrating the capacity for overwhelming force to the Greys than anything else, while others argue that it was Hiroshima which first attracted the attention of the Greys and led to the crash of a surveillance saucer at Roswell a couple of years later.

What is perfectly clear is that the aliens feel they have colonial rights over the Earth, which may have first been colonized during the rise of the city of Eridu in Mesopotamia. Although this colonization probably did not extend all the way through the decline of the Egyptian dynasites, the aliens feel that now that they have returned they certainly have some claim over the politics and the resources of the world.

After all, it was the Greys who, in all likelihood, first established the very first Mystery Cults and who established the rites and rituals passed down in an unbroken succession from cult to cult and civilization to civilization, and which even today are reenacted by, among others, the Skull and Bones society from which so many US political leaders (and almost all of the Maj 12 who deal reguarly with the Greys) have been pulled.

Should these treaties, allegiances and agreements ever attenuate in the slightest, God help us all.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by peabody
Anyone with even a cursory knowledge of 20th century history is aware that the reason aliens have not yet attackes us is that, so far, a reticulate and frangible series of treaties between the world superpowers and the Greys has held in place. These treaties certainly go back as far as General Nathan Farragut Twining and the Majestic 12 (as well as the JASON scholars) in the United States, formed in response to the Roswell Incident of 1947. ...

Some contend that the atomic bomb had more to do with demonstrating the capacity for overwhelming force to the Greys than anything else, while others argue that it was Hiroshima which first attracted the attention of the Greys and led to the crash of a surveillance saucer at Roswell a couple of years later.

Should these treaties, allegiances and agreements ever attenuate in the slightest, God help us all.

im going to dismiss this post entirely.
No treaties or allegiances or agreements have, or would ever be signed. there are no accords between Earth and unknow species.

Here is my Point of view, when treaties are signed between 2 or more parties, its because some sort of truce is agreed upon. nations sign treaties to avoid escalading turmoils or war even. for instance the US would sign a treaty with Russia because we know russia is capable of the same military prowess as we. they can fight back and possibly* topple us .
In that sense, ETs would sign treaties with Earth only and if only Earth has a way to put up a fight or go toe to toe with their technology.
if you dont pose a threat to me, why would i agree to anything with you? thats my basis. the US didnt sign any treaties with Iraq did they now?
what makes you think ET's, after seeing countless UFO video would sign treaties when they can dominate air space [and outer space] and nothing we have militarily can match their air supremacy. if ETs or any species who have evolved beyond us pulled an "Iraq war" againts us, what would we have to defend ourselves, what weapons do we have that would pose as a threat to them that would force them to say "ok, we have an ultimatum, sign treaties with them [humans] or we suffer the consequences". none.

And about the atomic bomb comment, if we would ever go into atomic war, we would probably die out first. atomic weapons were created by us for us and to be used against us. you dont know these creatures' physiology; easy comparaison, how much Gforce can a human sustain, imagine the speed at which those ET crafts travel, imagine how much Gforce they can sustain, or imagine maybe they can even trenscend physical form and into pure light energy... what makes you think they havent conquered radiation eion eons before we came up with the technology in the first place. if we have evolved to atomic warfare, imagine the weaponry thay aer capable of then? going to war with an unknown is suicide. so no treaties can be signed. if an ET wants to abduct million countless of humans, who, who i ask will stop them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join