It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why haven't they attacked yet?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't think it would be logical to attack your food supply.

Just selectivly snatch a tasty one the same way we harvest cows, pigs and chickens and other meaty morsels.

We are just glorified farm animals on a farming and ranch planet.

Where do you think all the missing people go every year? yum yum!!

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

Story B: There are no aliens here. yet. And they won't be here, if ever, because in the vastness of time and space the odds of another civilized race with sufficient technology to get here actually finding us are very, very slim.

Apply Occam's Razor and if you come up with Story A using only the Razor, please explain how it is the simpler explanation.

many ways you can apply Occam's Razor, what if they simply are not from stars light years away, what if theyve been here and we are the Aliens...? what if we are to them what a butterfly is to us? we let them live their lives and go about their business and they pollinate our flowers, and we live happily. what if we pollinate their "flowers" and they live and we all go about our business.

Until and unless I see an actual alien/craft/probe myself, or there is a real documentary on Discovery Channel about it, as well as a mass of actual scientific papers about the various aspects of the aliens, their craft and their technology, as far as I'm concerned, they are NOT HERE.

Now, I've said my piece -- I'm not the kind to endlessly belabor a point once I feel I've made mine sufficiently, so flame on, gentlemen; I shall not respond in kind.

2 words "de nile"

so, you will renounce Occam's razor when UFO phenomena are finally disclosed, or public contact is eventually made. ?
what will you say then, will you adopt another theory about why they waited so long?
if i tell you there are fish that breathe air like you and i, would you need to see an actual fish using scuba gears to believe me. ?
some people cant accept the idea of UFO and ET phenonmena because of its significance compared to their lives. no you wouldnt be special if you saw a UFO in person, or came really close to one, and yes, you would still slowly be dying.
so if they exist or not, wont change your life, so how you interpret the evidence surrounding UFOs is psychologically what you need to do to boost your esteem.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
of course once the idea of the existence of ETs and ITs (inter-dimensionals) is apparent to everyone, we will be having the "are they evil or good" discussion. this forum is only discussing it a few hundred years earlier than the rest of the crowd.

but I think the answer is the same to the question "are humans evil or good?". the answer is very simple: there are the good, the bad, the ugly.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
dont forget though that our ideas of aliens have been implanted to us by human media...science-fiction and all. and these idea-implants mostly portray evil aliens.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
of course once the idea of the existence of ETs and ITs (inter-dimensionals) is apparent to everyone, we will be having the "are they evil or good" discussion. this forum is only discussing it a few hundred years earlier than the rest of the crowd.

very good point

again if we all werent entertained by the idea of UFO, even skeptics [ MrMalfuntion] wouldnt be on a site dedicated to phenomena and conspiracies.

Originally posted by Skyfloating
but I think the answer is the same to the question "are humans evil or good?". the answer is very simple: there are the good, the bad, the ugly.

quoted for agreement.
althoug, i would not want to see a "the good, the bad, and the ugly" human pie chart
that would be really scary

[edit on 9-9-2007 by omi_kron_gravitron]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I strongly object to ufo evidence being implanted by society as I have seen with my own eyes 6 different sightings with 'my own eyes' in the last fifteen years. Flyovers, not hands on. A leading journalist in Cleveland Ohio recently solicited sightings by residents. I think it no coincidence 15 percent of Americans believe they have also seen unusual aerial activity.
Keep looking up.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
We're already under attack, by forum trolls who post obviously inflammatory &
silly post topics so they can sit back & laugh at us argue about..

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
why does so many people think all aliens would be evil? Im not sure if aliens has been here on earth but i do belive they are up there somewhere

maybe all the alien sighting have been secret government stuff.

the truth is out there

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Here's an idea:

There is no true scientific evidence that aliens are here, it's all wishful thinking and misinterpretation of data, as well as outright mistakes.

the reason they haven't attacked is because THEY AREN'T HERE.

I beg to differ, have you ever been to Dulce base in NM?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Let's just say they are here, and are hostile, would they not be able to attack in a much more covert way than a flat out invasion? Surely, if they were advanced enough, they could alter our weather or introduce diseases that would kill us off more slowly but not raise any suspicions.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by omi_kron_gravitron

many ways you can apply Occam's Razor, what if they simply are not from stars light years away, what if theyve been here and we are the Aliens...? what if we are to them what a butterfly is to us? we let them live their lives and go about their business and they pollinate our flowers, and we live happily. what if we pollinate their "flowers" and they live and we all go about our business.

Uh, no, there is only one way to apply Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation is that there are no aliens here. Everything else is complicated.

Wishful thinking does not an alien invasion make.

And that makes me wonder, why do people WISH for this to be true? Isn't life interesting enough without making up all this "they're here and watching us for some nefarious, alien purpose" dreck?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Uh, no, there is only one way to apply Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation is that there are no aliens here.

the simplest answer is the answer that suits you best. you see.

the simplest way to eliminate the chances of never getting hit by a car, simplest way to never getting struct by lighting, simplest way to not get bitten by sharks. these "simple" answers will vary as a person's context varies. understand?
there's another theory for people looking for simple answers... i cant quite remember it...
but to each his own.

what im trying to get across here by "contextual" answers is, for instance, what if you lived in an area that had a lot of sightings, and you yourself witnessed multiple sightings which you cannot explain. your simplest "answer" would not be they simply dont exist. trust me.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602

It really would be nice to have a better understanding of their intentions.

Heck, it would be nice to to prove they are here in the first place, lol.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by keops

Well, I lived about 40 miles from Dulce for over 20 years. I never saw any real evidence for an alien base. I'm not saying it doesn't exist but I looked hard and never saw anything. I have encountered high strangeness north of Dulce in the San Luis valley of southern Colorado however.

Check out "Enter the Valley" by Chris OBrian.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by keops

No.

Have you?

Sorry for the short post, but it had to be asked.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
They attacked awhile ago, in a different type of attack- one you couldn't see.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Not to long ago, people "knew" there were no other planets in the universe other then in our solar system, because, you couldn't see them therefore the "simplest" answer was they were not there. today we "know" mthis is not the case, 100 years ago, we "knew" man could not fly heavier then air craft, because the "simple" answer was it was heavier then air and could not fly. 45 years ago we "knew" man could not fly to the moon, the simple answer was, space has no air so you cannot breath.

in each case Occam's razor was used and "correct" for THAT time, do I have to mention that at one time we "knew" the world was flat, etc......

funny how one person can say he "knows" that there are no aliens, I hope he never has to go to court to prove his innocents, because he cannot use eyewitness testimony, because it would not be valid to say it's truth in "His" case but not in others..funny how that works................

and of course you may not use video cameras in court anymore because everything is faked..

"prove to me reality, but, to do so you may not use the 5 senses, for each can be deceived"
Occam's razor in the extreme, but is just as valid, so yes it is a "point of view"

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
With all due respect, digirati, as I usually agree with you, I think your analogies are not historical nor are they accurate.

Occam's Razor isn't a point of view, it's a tool for deciding amongst competing theories which is most likely. The simplest explanation is most likely to be the correct one.

Not always, but most likely.

As I said, until and unless there is actual scientific evidence and not just people who claim that there is, the simplest explanation is that there are no aliens and people just wish there were.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
How about the FLIR technology used by the Mexican military that showed ETs with IR sensors that weren't visible in the normal spectrum. Seems like scientific evidence to me. Mexican UFO Flir video

How about the STS75 tether footage as well. If you can't see weird creatures in that one, you're eyes aren't open. That's NASA footage, not some CGI stuff. The best stuff is probably top secret and kept away from prying eyes.

There are way too many sightings, videos, experiencers to say "wishful thinking is at work".

You need your own experience to happen and then it'll be plain as day.

There seems to be malevolent aliens as well as good intentioned aliens. We're not being attacked because we are protected by the good ones. On this I don't have proof, just a feeling.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If aliens wanted us dead, we would have been dead long ago, and never seen it coming. I have come to the conclusion that either aliens are benevolent, or they are farming us, and or the plants and animals of this planet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join