It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo(!) over Sthelens, UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
My friend got a text message last night from another friend... He was told that he had just seen a UFO flying over nearby.

This is basically around the corner from where I live. So we ran outside in the hope of seeing something... Nothing.

But more information from that friend gets back to us. He was walking back from the local ASDA supermarket and was crossing from the car park, when he glanced up into the late evening sky to see a SINGLEorange ball, all flying in a strange S shaped pattern.
He also said there were lots of witnesses and they all watched as the UFO flew through a cloud... The cloud then lit up bright Orange.

I'm still waiting for more information and will get back to you in the next day on this as soon as I've seen him.

But did anybody else see this and if so did they get any pictures or statements etc?

I'd be very interested in what the local media reports on this (as the Sthelens Star seems to have Ufo reports on alsmost a weekly basis).

EDIT: Having checked with my friend who originally saw it, I made a mistake in saying it was multiple UFO's and in actual fact it was a single UFO.

He described it as a flaming orange ball, flying around in an 'S' pattern and dipping low.... it then shot off up and over town towards Haydock, very, very fast.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by mr-lizard]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I've been hearing of quite a few UFO sightings recently. It seems to have been very quiet in the UK for a long while, maybe this is the beginning of a new flap?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
i hope so.
UK has wider landscapes than the US. that could possibly lead to clearer shots or video.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I saw the exact same thing at the beginning of this year, an orange ball doing a zig zag pattern in the sky. going from left to right almost directly above me.
It lasted around 10 seconds before it was hidden from view by buildings.
I have seen laser lights many times in the sky and i am sure it was not due to them. Love to know what it was though.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Okay I've given my friend my media contact's number and hopefully something may be printed in the local press.

I'll get back in touch as soon as I speak to any other witnesses and/or find the article.

-------

WOW! Just found this on the MARA website

www.mara.org.uk...

"I was just looking at your site about the orange lights over St. Helens. I have seen these twice over the past 2 weeks. The latest sighting was an hour ago. Both were in the Parr area, specifically Derbyshire Hill. Both sightings appeared to be in roughly the same area. Two orange ball like lights a distance apart but both moving together, keeping the same distance apart. On the first sighting one of them, from my viewpoint the right, appeared to enter a cloud for a few seconds and then reappear. They moved for a short time then stopped quite still then moved again. As I was walking across a road they disappeared behind a building."

-- Definately knew I'd heard about these Orange lights before.

(On the Mara website it states that they believe they could be 'fire balloons' but surely fire balloons don't zig zag up and down do they? Surely that defies thermal physics???)

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
More from my local paper:

www.sthelensstar.co.uk...
(list of ufo sightings in sthelens)

www.sthelensstar.co.uk...

and this is a list of archived UFO sightings from 2006/2007 in the UK

www.ufoinfo.com...

Keep watching those skies.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Time for me to get onto the MOD , local air traffic control and media.

leave it with me and ill see what i can find on these sightings..

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
any luck with your research?

I found three witnesses.... all said the same thing.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Okay, I have no photo's or proof here, but if anybody in the local area has seen anything of late, then I'd love to hear from you...

There's been some more sightings...

If anybody is interested i'll tell you what I've heard...

Wig

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Orange glowing balls, sounds like chinese lanterns, search for stratford UFO on ATS.

It all depends on how fast they left, super fast like a jet plane or faster then it can't be chinese lanterns. But peoples perceptions can be wrong. the stratford sightings people said they moved very fast aswell, but they didn't - because they were balloons.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Omg st helens! they must be gettin closer to finding me lol

from what ive heard there seems to be more sightings in the UK lately, specifically the past 3-4 years from what ive known.

i live in cheshire but nearer liverpool/merseyside and there seems to be a lot more air traffic around especially police and military, ive had 2 tornadoes fly right over where i work before now aswell as twin rota military helicopters!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
sorry for double post but i just noticed this on the site that was linked before:

Multiple white and cream lights over Great Sutton, Wirral, UK 30th October 2006

We have a report from a witness who lives in Great Sutton, South Wirral who stated that on 30th October 2006 she was awoken at 1:20 am by a very loud noise. She looked out of her bedroom window south east and saw a set of multiple bright white lights (see diagram below). The object had stopped making any sound and remained motionless for about 10-15 minutes. After 4 minutes a second series of cream coloured lights came on (second diagram). It then shot off high into the sky disappearing in a couple of seconds.

Initial appearance of UFO Appearance of UFO after 5 minutes

If anyone has further information on this sighting please contact Bill Bimson

this is just down the road from me, they are getting closer to finding me hehehe

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

omg this is what i saw,and im further north.
it was a brilliant orange orb, in the same date period.but about 30 yards from me.

it reacted to me,saw me looking at it, it mesmerized me!

and when it left it accelerated beyond the horizon within a moment,strange indeed!!!

[edit on 22-11-2007 by welivefortheson]

[edit on 22-11-2007 by welivefortheson]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys...

As for the chinese lantern theory, I personally don't swallow that, as i've seen chinese lanterns with my own eyes, and although they look 'spooky' they certainly don't change paths, zig-zag and then suddenly fly away...

It's basic thermal physics...

I personally know seven people who have witnessed these things lately and i trust them all....

As for other ufo's over sthelens, many years ago my dear old nan witnessed a 'huge silver triangle' hovering over her street, and she's a devout catholic and she doesn't have much of an imagination, but she swears she saw it and it really spooked her...

--

Well, tonight i was supposed to be going to liverpool for a night out, but due to lack of money, i might just sit out on this cold, clear night and watch the skies.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

interesing, i didnt see the recent one but i did see an orange ball a few months ago, maybe the same thing. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Interesting:

I was talking to a musician friend of mine yesterday and he tells me he spotted three red glowing balls that were flying around Sthelens late last year, sometime in October or November

I aske dhim if they could ahve been chinese lanterns, but he told me in absolute truth that the way these things moved were not chinese lanterns or planes or helicopters.

Plus they were spherical and glowing red.

Hmm?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I also saw a bright orange orb in Leeds last year. At first I thought it was just someone shooting up a flare, until it started pulling manouvers that seemed impossible.

There seems to be lots of sightings of these orange balls in the UK, very strange indeed!

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Liverpool 12/01/08

I made a report on OM forum and elsewhere before joining this site.
I am also talking wih Bufora.
I have made official "low flying" complaints to the MOD and CAA.

h**p://lucianarchy.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=ufosandextraterrestrial&action=display&thread=1202672847

What the hell are these things ?

I can say 100% they are not chinese lanterns.If you study the pics I got closly you can see that they are perfectly round.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by Did you see them]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by omi_kron_gravitron
i hope so.
UK has wider landscapes than the US. that could possibly lead to clearer shots or video.

Wider landscapes? You're kidding me right? Have you ever seen the praries? Makes the whole UK look like a small urban park

J.

Wig

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Did you see them
h**p://lucianarchy.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=ufosandextraterrestrial&action=display&thread=1202672847

What the hell are these things ?

I can say 100% they are not chinese lanterns.If you study the pics I got closly you can see that they are perfectly round.

Your link doesn't work. In my experience photos or videos of lights in the night sky which show the light to be perfectly round means one thing and one thing only. The camera was zoomed in too much and was out of focus

top topics

<<   2 >>

join