It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest pics from Rover-Pic of

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
Yeah it seems like a minor glitch really

A glitch with depth?

If you are talking about the "indentation"
I found the black square on other pics.

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Here is a closer look at the area from the second to last frame, the area where the 'indentation' appears in the last frame is in the center of this image:

Looks very much like just a rock there, I'd say the appearance of the last frame is due to the shadows from the rover lining up nicely with the rock. (The shadows are visible in the earlier frames from the series).

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza
yes, thats the one

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Is it just me or does the rock in the centre of this image look like it's been placed and the dirt around it carefully placed too?.......it seems a little fake to as the rock has been cut because those lines are too straight. If anyone says it's weather wear i'm gonna....do something.....didn't really think that part through. But the lines on the rock are to sharp and prescise...i think the whole thing is faked...and what happened to the first rover they sent up? Is it dead?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
Check this out.

Look at the above hill, looks strange and there seems to be an entrance to the hill.

wow. that's an anomally if ive ever seen one. ive seen pics of these "tubes" or "tunnels" before, but never so close. you can see that they stick out from the ground and are rounded. i would be interested in NASA's explanation of these things.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates

Originally posted by Thinker
Check this out.

Look at the above hill, looks strange and there seems to be an entrance to the hill.

wow. that's an anomally if ive ever seen one. ive seen pics of these "tubes" or "tunnels" before, but never so close. you can see that they stick out from the ground and are rounded. i would be interested in NASA's explanation of these things.

I see what you are saying, but if you follow the "tube" and notice the placement of lets call them "ribs" it also could be just erosion that has "washed away" for a better word ,the "tube" part and just left the "ribs" visible

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Okay, guys, get the pics out of the damned quotes, its unnecessary, it eats bandwidth for the site, and it makes reading other posts annoying.

On the first page Journey just quoted another person and the pic, he said nothing!

Now you two both have quotes of pics that aren't needed, if I were a mod those would so be removed..

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
good thing your not a mod

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

Ok, so what is that? Blow off from the landing?

The pic comes from the animation of the rover here

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by NetStorm]

ITS CALLED A SMALL, NOT-SO-IMPORTANT GLITCH!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
"Can anyone offer any theory as to what this "indentation" is? "

Was the question I asked after qouting post by NetStorm- who brought it up originally and asked the same question.

It was late at night when we were both posting and responding to each other in this thread-

And now the photo I submitted is not there-

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
ITS CALLED A SMALL, NOT-SO-IMPORTANT GLITCH!

Sorry Cap'n I didn't know that the FIRST time I posted it. However kind members pointed me to other pics with the same glitch.
I, unlike you, have not seen a lot of mars pictures, so I am not as educated as you are . I'll make sure and consult you next time I want to post a pic so I can be sure it is not a glitch.
Have a funny day

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The picture, submitted by NetStorm in post # 337737-
Has a most curious "indentation" I saw it on rover home also- I ,for one, wish I could determine origon of same. And I have noticed quiet reponses to that question in this thread, as if everyone is waiting for someone else to say it-
It looks like a footprint.

However, I am not a scientist, and I am not saying that I believe it is a footprint. What is it?
But, then again..If I saw this track in the wilderness-
Surely it is obvious to any viewer of the picture, as it is prominent. The shadows are interesting also-

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Ok... I am generally a skeptic when it comes to this sort of thing - BUT, that does sort of look like a 2 toed footprint...

Pretty freaky, I'm getting my teddy bear out of the closet tonight before I go to bed...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
worry not. the shadow of the rover lines up perfectly

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates
worry not. the shadow of the rover lines up perfectly

True...true

But I wonder what the odds of that are?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>