It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cassini will make its only close flyby of Saturn's odd, two-toned moon Iapetus on Sept. 10, 2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
www.nasa.gov...

Anyone have links to those Enterprise Mission "Death Star" articles? I think he took that stuff to congress w/ the topic that the moon was build by other life forms.... now, w/ this story about the rings being potentially "man-made" by other types of life, I wonder what the close encounter w/ this probe will show?

Thoughts? Links?

// / /

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'm guessing the probe will show really high resolution pictures of really cool rock formations on an otherwise dead and barren moon (with a huge ass crater).

Alas, I'm an optimist.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The photos will show whatever the NASA airbrushers where told to airbrush in, or have already carefully prepared.

Maybe NASA will fabricate some really tantilizing image of a structure of some kind so that people will say, "See, see! NASA is showing us the real thing". And then we will spend the next ten years talking about whether or not the structure is a structure or whether or not NASA fabricated it.

But in fact, my opinion is that NASA (actually DoD) has no intention of ever informing the rank and files (you and me).

What would be interesting is to see whats really there but the chances of that ever happening are none to never in a million years.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlearWhat would be interesting is to see whats really there but the chances of that ever happening are none to never in a million years.

That's not true!
In a million years I'm sure you could just walk out to your garage, get in your vehicle and take an early morning ride around Jupiter and the colonies

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Originally posted by merka

That's not true!
In a million years I'm sure you could just walk out to your garage, get in your vehicle and take an early morning ride around Jupiter and the colonies

I applaud your optimism however my opinion is that in a million years we will be fighting World War 4980. Bush the 3630th will have the lowest popularity rating in one million years. Israel then located near Crawford, Texas, will be holed up in a builiding similar the that occupied by the Branch Davidians a million years ago. Latinos will have them surrounded.

The LAFOA (Latino Air Force of America will have just introduced the B-5000 stealth bomber which will be able to fly around the earth 6 times without refueling or detection. But not much else and will be essentially useless as every other incarnation.

In space technology develoments the Latino Space Station (formerly the International Space Station) will be in its 3590th incarnation. The Latino Aeronautics and Space Administration will be formulating plans to use it a a jumping off point for the exploration of the moon which started one million years prior when Apollo 11 landing on the Sea of Tranquillity.

Even if it were possible to take your vehicle out for an early morning ride around Jupiter a code Red terrorist alert would be in effect due to the most recent hologram issued by Osama bin Ladin the 4560th preventing you from doing so.

You couldn't afford to anyway because rapidly dwindling reserves of oil will have pushed the price of gas to $ 15 billion Gold Latins per gallon.

But thanks for your post merka, many share your optimism.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
The photos will show whatever the NASA airbrushers where told to airbrush in, or have already carefully prepared.

Maybe NASA will fabricate some really tantilizing image of a structure of some kind so that people will say, "See, see! NASA is showing us the real thing". And then we will spend the next ten years talking about whether or not the structure is a structure or whether or not NASA fabricated it.

But in fact, my opinion is that NASA (actually DoD) has no intention of ever informing the rank and files (you and me).

What would be interesting is to see whats really there but the chances of that ever happening are none to never in a million years.

I've often wondered, what If a bunch of millionaires (or Billionaires) got together and made there own space probe and sent it to these places, wouldn't we then find the real stuff as opposed to what NASA wants us to see?

They would, of course, have to find a way to keep NASA or any other agency from just hacking there signal and sending the fake stuff they want us to see.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Originally posted by Tibris

I've often wondered, what If a bunch of millionaires (or Billionaires) got together and made there own space probe and sent it to these places, wouldn't we then find the real stuff as opposed to what NASA wants us to see?

Ummmmm, who do you think created NASA?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Ok here is a question here , is it possible to receive and store the raw data comming off of the X band 8.4ghz transmitters from the cassini space craft. That is assuming the information at the link is correct?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Well the private sector is already 'edging' into this arena, Bigelow space, Burt Rutan...but before it gets too 'serious', long before that..something will happen that'll prevent us from ever reaching the truth.

John already hypothesized this concerning China & Russia's moon aspirations..between now and then an 'end times' scenario will probably play out and it wont matter one way or the other.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Here's the link to Hoagland's Iapetus series of articles arktkchr. This is such a great read. Too bad we have to depend on NASA for the new images.

A Moon with a View

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Thanks for all the responses in this thread. Mr. John Lear! Some of those million-year predictions are really hilarious!

The Richard Hoagland series on Iapetus is amazing, yuefo and deserves a read.... I started another thread about that book "Sirius Mystery" that has been reviewed to be lacking information. I still haven't finished the book but my point is, towards the start of that, there's mention of Phoebe and Dione (2 other Saturn moons) also being artificial and the author (Robert Temple) speculates that these beings could live in these moons like a death star, similiar to Hoagland's theory without specifying what *kind* of beings these could be.

Here is the NASA/JPL page for Cassini, soon to be approaching Titan again, November sometime. saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

.... was just looking through that site and noticed a Arthur Clarke video message when Cassini went by. Hmmm.... he's living in Shri Lanka, dying of polio
/ / / /

[edit on 4-10-2007 by arktkchr]

[edit on 4-10-2007 by arktkchr]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtc1967
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Ok here is a question here , is it possible to receive and store the raw data comming off of the X band 8.4ghz transmitters from the cassini space craft. That is assuming the information at the link is correct?

Yeah that would be really nice - please let me in if u get any secrets

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

You couldn't afford to anyway because rapidly dwindling reserves of oil will have pushed the price of gas to $ 15 billion Gold Latins per gallon.

You know John, if you would just come out with your hidden supply of element 115, we wouldn't have to worry about energy reserves or fighting world war 8000.

As far as the flyby goes, doesn't matter what the probe takes, those that want to see things will see things regardless.

top topics

join