It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Date for End of the World Wrong?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
here is a qestion for you, what year would it be if the calander was never changed becasue of jesus christ, we all know jesus was ment to be born in october the 8 month of the old year.

but what i am trying to say is today is the year of 2007 the mayan calander says the world ends 2012, if the mayans did not follow the christan calander then the date for the end of the world might be wrong.

another thing with calanders why is the old roman and chinese calander the same?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sonicX007

I don’t know if this will help you friend but I thought I would give you something to think about.

Some people believe that God gave man 6000 years to rule himself; 6000 years from the time he put the earth back to rights (genesis); not when the universe was created; so when people talk/speculate about 2012 being the end of the world it is in fact merely the end of an age; mans age, end of mans self rule where God and Jesus will return to rule over man.

Now most religious people or the greater part believe that god created the universe and everything in it 6000 thousand years ago in six days. This is incorrect; god did not create everything in those six days; he merely put things write (the earth back on its correct rotation of the sun etc).
The earth was already here and fossils that are millions of years old prove this so you can see the conflict in just a small part of the truth or true history of our origins.

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was to mark the end of 4000 years of mans self rule and start of the last 2000. This gives us a marker; some where to work from to understand why 2012 is important.

What date was Jesus born?
No ones knows but there are clues for instance one passage in the bible states that "Jesus was born during the reign of king Herod or Herod the great" now the clue here is during his reign. As far as I know Herod died -4bc (that alone throws the current calendar out by fours years alone), so in essence making it still the year 2003. Now if you take this a stage further i.e. say Jesus was born in -12bc (during Herod’s reign) the year 2012 would in fact be the year 2000 (the millennium).
Sounds simple I know but at least it gives you some direction to take your thoughts and I would love for someone to point out any flaws I may have missed and please bear in mind that this is speculation for the most part.

Left column actual date today if birth of Jesus is/was -12bc (During Herod’s reign)/Right column current calendar date starting from 0bc(fours years after Herod’s deaths/end of his reign).

1995=2007
1996=2008
1997=2009
1998=2010
1999=2011
2000=2012

I have tried to explain as best I can but just ask if you need me to expand any of the points I have made and sorry if I offend anyone's beliefs; it was not my intention.

Good luck.

p.s. does anyone understand the workings/calculations of the Mayan calendar and how the date twenty twelve was arrived at? I would love to know if the birth date of Jesus feature’s in or affect’s the calculation/date.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This might explain the hows and why's of 2012.

But how are we to relate this to a time frame we can understand? How does this Long Count relate to our Gregorian calendar? This problem of correlating Mayan time with "western" time has occupied Mayan scholars since the beginning. The standard question to answer became: what does 0.0.0.0.0 (the Long Count "beginning" point) equal in the Gregorian calendar? When this question is answered, archeological inscriptions can be put into their proper historical context and the end date of the 13-baktun cycle can be calculated. After years of considering data from varied fields such as astronomy, ethnography, archeology and iconography, J. Eric S. Thompson determined that 0.0.0.0.0 correponded to the Julian date 584283, which equals August 11th, 3114 B.C. in our Gregorian calendar. This means that the end date of 13.0.0.0.0, some 5125 years later, is December 21st, 2012 A.D.1

Source

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonicX007
here is a qestion for you, what year would it be if the calander was never changed becasue of jesus christ, we all know jesus was ment to be born in october the 8 month of the old year.

Uh, well, it would be whatever year was used by whichever empire comquered the world and forced its calendar system on it. So... maybe Rome? They counted from the founding of Rome, so Jesus would be 500 years or so After Romulus or some such.

but what i am trying to say is today is the year of 2007 the mayan calander says the world ends 2012, if the mayans did not follow the christan calander then the date for the end of the world might be wrong.

The Aztecs and Mayas didn't manage to foretell the end of their own civilization. They also got the "beginning of the world date" WAY wrong (by billions of years) and didn't get the right date for the beginning of their own civilization right.

After getting all those things wrong, it's kinda hard to believe they'd have any special knowledge about when the Earth ends.

another thing with calanders why is the old roman and chinese calander the same?

Huh? Who told you that? I think it's wrong.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreOne
[p.s. does anyone understand the workings/calculations of the Mayan calendar and how the date twenty twelve was arrived at? I would love to know if the birth date of Jesus feature’s in or affect’s the calculation/date.

Look up something called "long count" and that will tell you how. But Jesus was born long before their civilization started and he or a birthdate of his never figures in their calendar.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreOne

Messiah born first day feast of tabernacles in the year 6 bce far as i can tell sorting out the different commentators.herod died march 4 bce.he found out from the wise men that Messiah's star had brought them to jerusalem when they had seen it 2 years previously.between the scofield the companion and new jerusalem bible they back this up in their commentaries-that being the case Messiah was murdered on passover day 14th abib in the year 29 ce. which was a wednesday and He was put in the grave just before sunset.He was resurrected 3 days later just before the sun set to end the 7th day sabbath-thus He was Lord of the sabbath in more than just having been the Creator of it when He was the Yahvah G-D of the old covenant.when He was 12 years old it was 8ce by the true calendar.the catholic church changed the calendar and advanced it by 4 years.2012 is the 2000th year since Messiah said He had to be about His Fathers buisness.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
To win the lottery of life is knowing one will unvariably die at some point.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
thank you to all for helping. well with the roman calander and the chinesse calander. becasue september is the 7th month and october the 8th an so on. if there waas 12 months in the year, that would of made the last month to be febuary the same month the chinese celebrate the new year. also i bin hearing at lot of rumors going around that the roman empire was bigger than previously thought. one of my freindsd family has been doing reaserch on is family tree, and found he was realated to a roman ligionaire who was stationed in china. thats what he told me anyway. but it prob a load of rubbish. any thoughts

new topics

top topics

join