It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Arrested In New York

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by StellarX

Well you do make some points, but regardless of personal ethics and such, Freedom is a selfish thing, and to insure it those freedoms were protected none the less and rightly so.
And regardless, these rights not only protected the individual from Man and Majority, but also from Government.

Those of that time unfortunately didn't consider those of African decent to be equal, and thus not allowed the same rights as the rest.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by geemony

Heh certain influences are already driving the price of ammo sky high, I wouldn't put it past that when they lose there battle to ban guns and or ammo, they wouldn't simply resort to just undercutting us all and buying up all the ammo before it hits shelves, thus driving the demand and prices up even more if it does manage to make it to the market before they buy it up we wont be able to afford it...

[edit on 10-9-2007 by C0le]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
reply to post by geemony

Heh certain influences are already driving the price of ammo sky high, I wouldn't put it past that when they lose there battle to ban guns and or ammo, they wouldn't simply resort to just undercutting us all and buying up all the ammo before it hits shelves, thus driving the demand and prices up even more if it does manage to make it to the market before they buy it up...

Make your own ammo my friend, you can add a few grains as well. I think if they ever do get to push thier agenda of a gunless america. That will be the thing that sends it over the edge IMO. You have every johnny joe fitswilder with a shot gun in the rear of his truck telling you the cold dead finger slogan. Ill prob just rig the clamores in the front yard and set up the .50 put on my night vision reach out and touch someone goggles and wait it out. LOL

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

You have misquoted. It is the love of money that is the root of all evil.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I think it was pretty clear from that video, exactly 'who' was haveing a bad night.

That cop came over looking for a fight.

Hopefully soon all cars will be fitted with cameras and micro-phones, not just for this purpose, but there are many other purposes as well.

People pretending to be police, pulling lone women over on deserted highways, ect.

In conclusion I hope this officers is at the very least given a harsh suspension, or even fired. He admitted that he was gonna make up false charges ect, to me thats the lowest of lows. He was probably also under the influence, in that 3-5 beer range judging by his voice, and his lapses in memory, and his use of odd numbers. I'll give you nine charges, then after he names 2(the driving erradicatly, and the no signal, which we can clearly see the young man did signal) he said that leaves 11 more ect.

This officer really needs to be investigated,and it may be a good thing this young man caught this behavior on tape, before the officer had a chance to maybe get even more violent in the future, and perhaps hurting someone, or even killing them.

Great job.

I would like to say that not all cops are like this, most do their jobs by the book, and put their lives on the line everyday for people they don't even know. Although videos like this are good, it may give a false impression to alot of people that this is how all officers act.

Now I watch cops avidly, and I don't know if it's because the presence of the camera, but I really don't think it is, sure sometimes a cop probably held back from smacking someone hard cause he knew the cameras were rolling ect, but gosh, I've seen some cops on that show that have the patience of a saint, after being repeatedly flipped off, spit on ect by a criminal, and still no tazer, no nightstick to the back of the knee....; now that is something you can't turn on and off in front of a camera.

What I'm getting at is there are ALOT more good cops than bad ones, and they should be respected, and appreciated, as well as Fire-fighters, and anyone else who puts their life on the line for strangers on a daily basis.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
It is quite evident that there was indeed a disturbance of the peace caused by the protesters.

Who's peace? Did any members of the general public complain to the police and if so since when does that invalidate the rights of the individual that is disturbing someone else peace? Is democracy not 'rights' not about making compromises so others can also have their spot under the sun?

While it is fine to voice ones concerns, it is incorrect to step on the rights of others to do so.

Which is exactly what corporations and the US state is doing to tens of millions of Americans by destroying their jobs ( and yes , these corporations are persons under US law) and paying some of the lowest wages in the industrialized west. Who is going to stop them and who cares if these corporate persons are 'inconveniences'. Have the police every shown up to defend you when the corporate 'person' downsizes people for demanding a proper living wage?

Harassing passer byes, is never a good method of enlightening the public.

But it's democracy in action and unless those people actually complains to the police that they are being harassed and the like there is NO case.

The permitting process is not all that difficult. It does not exclude those who wish to disagree with the government.

By it's very nature it discriminates as those who gives the permits can automatically decide which to grant and which would 'upset' the state or New Yorks corporate 'patrons'.

It simply seeks to allow for the protection of the rights of others

That is always the tyrants excuse but it's never obvious who he is protecting from who and if those that gets the protection actually deserves or needs it given their wealth and power. When is corporate American going to start defending themselves and stop using the tax payer funded American state and federal police to do their dirty jobs for them?

Is that so much to ask? One may freely state publicly that Bush is an idiot. In other countries, making such statements against the rulers, could be punishable by death.

In which countries would you be put to death by the state for saying that and are the capitalist and backed by western corporations trough military dictatorships? Yeah....

If Alex Jones wished to voice his concerns and attempt to educate the public on his particular issue, he did a very poor job of it.

Make it clear when you are speaking for yourself.

He is free to speak about the subject,

Clearly he is not free to speak about the subject in certain locations.

but by causing a disturbance he only managed to lower his position and weaken his message.

According to YOU! Do you think the Indians or ANC or ANYONE in HISTORY have EVER achieved rights for themselves without causing a disturbance to one powerful entity or another?

His true aim was to generate a scandal that would bring him publicity.

So now you can read minds too?

It would have been very easy for him to express his views to an audience, without causing a public disturbance. He chose the lower path and thus, the scorn of many.

Thanks for telling us exactly what we should and should not learn from the behaviour of Alex Jones. I can see that you will be one of the last in the US to figure out that you have ben had and that serving the powerful just means that you are likely to pay the price of such later on than most.

Good luck commissar.

Stellar

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightworker12
It's actually very illegal to film anywhere in NYC without a permit. I've had trouble with it before. I didn't get arrested probably because I didn't yell and fuss about a police state and NWO like Jones did.

Show me the Law. Im looking for it and cannot find it anywhere. The only laws I can find so far against recording devices is having them in movie theatres and such.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I do not accept your premise, your manner of expression, or your dismissal of facts that do not suit your passions and politics.

There is no special gift of superior status that entitles an US American to tell others who see danger or injustice afoot in the USA to shut up and mind their own business. Of course, US Americans do that all the time, and it reveals a tremendous fragility in the US American character that I did not encounter until after the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

Whatever might have built up and undergirded an idealised vision of the USA by its own citizens has been cracking and breaking for a while now. And at the present the hopes enshrined in such an idealised self-image are being pealed and ripped away by the Executive Branch of the US government in tandem with the thorough-going militarisation of police forces across your nation through your Department of Homeland Security -- which is such a sly way of saying Ministry of Fatherland Security and Public Control.

As far as my country goes, Canada is being betrayed every which way one can imagine it, and I fight it as best I can. I was detained recently in Ottawa protesting the SPP/Union of North America summit with your President, the Mexican kleptarch, and the traitor who is PM of Canada. I was also outside of Montebello and witnessed with my own eyes pseudo-anarchists who were actually military men working to agitate and cause violence when we were peaceably assembled to protest the high crimes and misdemeanors attendant to the lockdown of Montebello and the erection of a "No Free Speech Zone" in which the US President and the vile Canadian PM could laugh and scoff at us protesters exhibiting clearly their contempt for the rights and values that have undergirded our societies since the Magna Charta. After all the US President is the one who said of your own marvellous Constitution that it was "just a godd***ed piece of paper". With what rapturous joy such a man's opinions fill the breast

When the time comes for the Union of North America to be 'enforced', the elites won't worry about an 82 year old woman with a long history of political activism. I'm sure they will find a way to simply put me down, because the kleptocracy regard all of the rest of us as dogs, cattle or sheep -- with no more dignity than any animal that might be more valuable after the slaughterhouse.

We are fast approaching the point when the governments in North America need to be shown that we are not dogs, cattle, or sheep but rather we are the lionhearted with the tenacity of the wolf and the power of the bear and above all else we are human beings and it is our Divine right as beings to imprison the elites who would be the gods-in-the-flesh our children and children's children will be forced to worship and serve. Death to false gods.

I solemnly warn all US Americans that your nation is being destroyed from within at the highest levels of government, banking, and medical research. Your President has arrogated to himself Executive Authority through his Executive Orders that should cause all of you to lose sleep and then arise and fight for the fate of your children and your children's children.

Because the fate of your nation directly impacts my country, I will continue to address these issues head on, even if some here would rather the old Canuck broad would simply vanish and shut up. I love your nation and her Constitution, and it breaks my heart to see so many of you throwing away what was a miracle bought and paid for with the blood, sweat and tears of your forefathers and foremothers. Their august memory deserves better, my friends.

[edit on 10/9/07 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
pavil, are you aware of how many civil rights protests had permits in the 50s-70s?

are you seriously trying to say that getting a permit, to protest in a "protest zone" is the route people should take?

no, you basically said that protests are a waste of time. In that case, why even file for a permit - wouldn't that be an ever bigger waste of time?

I could be mistaken but for some of the major marches / protests, the organizers did invovle the courts in a number of instances. Selma, the Montgomery bus boycott are two that spring to mind immediately.

Perhaps I wasn't clear, I will explain further. Protest without any other form of trying to effect change is rather futile IMO. The civil rights protests were in tandem with a push for legislation and judicial review of laws, they did not occur in a vacuum. Those who participated in civil disobedience during the civil rights era knew the consequences and believed that was the proper action to do.You do have a moral duty to disobey unjust laws. I never said you couldn't or shouldn't do it, just be aware of the consequences of your actions. To equate the civil rights stuggle with Alex Jones is a stretch to me.

If you don't like a law fight to have it changed, don't just protest over it and bemoan the lack of action. I'm sorry you don't like my opinion, but I am allowed to disagree with others. If you feel fervernt enough to try and change things then by all means do it, just use all the tools available to you.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Hard to do when the courts wont hear your "voice" when your elected leaders wont meet with you to discuss the "issues" when the government ignors you via these channels you protest and make change through force, the power of the people.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
reply to post by pavil

I do not accept your premise, your manner of expression, or your dismissal of facts that do not suit your passions and politics.
What exactly is about my premise did you not like? That Alex Jones should have followed certain laws and regulations in NYC, that according to another poster have been in place for two decades?

There is no special gift of superior status that entitles an US American to tell others who see danger or injustice afoot in the USA to shut up and mind their own business.

I don't recall saying that, but feel free to criticize whomever you like, let me do the same as well. But now that you mention it, as a citizen of the US, I really don't pay much attention to foreigners conception of life in America, truthfully. Perhaps I am in the minority on this one. It has just been my experience traveling the world that quite a few non U.S. Americans, as you put it, have preconceived ideas of what America is, never having set foot in the country and not meeting more than a handful of our citizens. Most of the time, those preconceived ideas are blatantly wrong. But don't take my word for it, after all I haven't traveled much, just about 36 countries. Most peoples idea of visiting America is going to New York, Disney World and California, no wonder their views are so messed up when it comes to the real America.

... And at the present the hopes enshrined in such an idealised self-image are being pealed and ripped away by the Executive Branch of the US government in tandem with the thorough-going militarisation of police forces across your nation through your Department of Homeland Security -- which is such a sly way of saying Ministry of Fatherland Security and Public Control.
See what I mean. I don't really care for your attitude on something you haven't experienced first hand and have no real concept of. But feel free to believe we are becoming a police state on such accurate data.

I was detained recently in Ottawa protesting the SPP/Union of North America summit with your President, the Mexican kleptarch, and the traitor who is PM of Canada. ....and the erection of a "No Free Speech Zone" in which the US President and the vile Canadian PM could laugh and scoff at us protesters exhibiting clearly their contempt for the rights and values that have undergirded our societies since the Magna Charta.
And you tell me "I do not accept your premise, your manner of expression, or your dismissal of facts that do not suit your passions and politics". I guess we will just disagree.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by C0le

You would have to be more specific for me to comment on that statement. Obviously you must have support of others for things to be changed.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
are people so blind they deserve what is coming to them

so they can take it as a life lesson from the school of hard knocks

why so much arguing why do people "shape the facts" to fit their beleifs"

because they can? does this make them right in their minds? does this make it truth? or just make them feel better temporarily

i feel bad when people aren't willing or able to recognize the patterns of oppression used thoughout history and are so brainwashed that the consequences of believing 911 had inside involvement would shake all their beliefs to the core. so thus they are not capable of believing without undergoing a major transformation of their beliefs. so they bury their heads with authority. easy decison for the mind to make even though they won't understand.

i have no idea if alex asked for a permit and was denied because the higher ups do follow his actions and after the film he made (he is definitely on their s&*T list bigGER time) the fact that many won't consider this is testiment to their own need to cling to the ignorance of their beliefs because beleiving would make them question to many things then need to feel safe. they are sheeple. they are naive. and they are blissful. but that shall change. economic hardships are coming to the shores of america and the middle class will be squeezed like a teenager's zit until unemployment and recession run so deep their heads will spin. the banks will inflate so aggressively that inflation and prices will soar to the likes people have not seen hear ( worse than the early 80's) the dollar will fall so far that it will be obvious to even the stupid next time they try to plan a trip to europe or walmart and realize they can't afford it. foreigners will no longer supply the credit to the american consumer because their discretionary income will be suffocated by energy and food costs and consumers in asia and india will be much more attractive and capable. when foreign investment flees as dollar plunges when the fed cuts rates the intrest rates on credit/ debt will soar higher and people will not make their credit card minimum's not to mention other bills (and this is if we don't go into iran and jack oil prices two fold) (and if no other country's open oil bourses's that sell oil in euro's)

yes i think a slap in the face is needed to wake people up because kind caring whispers are not enough to wake people from the complacency and ignorance the post world war II era has given fortunate u.s citizens. brainwashed by media and beleiving this standard of living is bestowed upon them for ever (because it has been like this for their lifetimes), as well as a gov't who took advantage of the petro dollar and ran deficits and ran up debts and sold the manufacturing sector of to make a buck and suckered it's financers into buying suprime mortgages as well as well as their puppet masters (international bankers) at the "fed" who ran bubbles and siphoned the money off them while confiscating people's wealth thru inflation making billions in recessions and expansions printing money that is unconstitutional after setting up the problem that led to the solution which was the very basis for the foundation for their existance

it's like they know the world is going to undergo some kind of event/change that will shake the earth and they don't give a care about long term sustainability and/or they could care less and just try to take care of their own families when a the world order changes after america is dethroned. i think a false flag is needed to go to war, provide an excuse to jack up oil prices world wide, increase the amount of "pheasants" and thus leverage to exert more control and give the oil men money and divert blame from the coming economic mess to the "islamic boogiemen" .

[edit on 10-9-2007 by cpdaman]

[edit on 10-9-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I have experienced the USA first hand. I was born in Hawaii to a Canadian father and a Hawaiian mother. I taught for about twenty years in the USA. In my visits to New York City since 9/11 to try to understand why my grand-daughter died that day, I have had any number of visits with DHS agents.

No thank you for your continuing condescension.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Sorry to hear for your loss. Again we will have to agree to disagree.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Unfortunately Alex Jones and his followers seem to go out of their way to give amubition to those who are anxious to paint us all with the same brush. Thanks Alex

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   

That's one of the most hypocritical posts I've seen in a long time. In one breath you want censorship then decry the loss of free speech in the next?

Just as bad your hypocritical comment., previously posted on this thread and others relating to this. Where you actually support the comments Geraldo commented with regards to the protestors. Least I do not have my head shoved far up my backside, and agree with everything the Gov says. Take a look at your own self in the mirror dj, before you criticise others.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I never agreed with his statements (which were quite boorish), I just defended his right to say them. On the other hand, at least some of the protesters seem to have gone too far and broke the law.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Protest without any other form of trying to effect change is rather futile IMO.

agreed.

The civil rights protests were in tandem with a push for legislation and judicial review of laws, they did not occur in a vacuum.

Right, in that case they were trying to pass new laws, and obtain new rights. In this case, they are fighting to abolish new laws, and regain old rights. It's the same concept. Also, the protests did not occur in a vacuum, but of course not! Otherwise there would be nothing to protest about. In this particular instance, their stated goal is to re-open the 9/11 investigations, right? That's the stated cause - this isn't just random criticism from the peanut gallery.

could you agree that on this same token (civil rights) without the protests, the public outcry and eventual changes, would not have happened as quick, if at all? I mean, it was the images in papers, magazines and on TV that really put things into perspective. If no one was protesting in the streets, and trying to do it all legally, who the hell would have cared? It was the public that ultimately decided, and they may not have if it were not for the public displays and protests - a majority of which were NOT done on permits.

If you don't like a law fight to have it changed, don't just protest over it and bemoan the lack of action..

agreed.

To equate the civil rights stuggle with Alex Jones is a stretch to me.

perhaps, as the civil rights struggle was much more apparent since the oppression was done under blatant methods. The oppression Alex fights is more subtle, and applies to everyone, not just a single race - which was easy to identify with.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

OK, Questions on freedom of speech.

Is it OK for me to form a group, outside your child's school, and with loudspeakers, to chant protest slogans all day about gas prices, to the point that it disrupts your child's education?

When someone actually tries to do protest something so unrelated in such a place lets address it then?

Is it OK to protest loudly, in the same manner, outside a nursing home or a cancer rehab facility, on the subject of light pollution, to the extent that people inside get no sleep?

Once again i suppose we will have to wait till we find people that attempt to protest in such mindless ways...

Is it OK to protest loudly outside your place of business all day, unimpeded, day and night, on the subject of sexual deviation, with pictures of bestiality and child porn, to the point that customers shy away from your business?

I don't think we will have to wait to see if that happens as i am quite sure the people who are involved in such things are smart enough to keep out of sight lest the people in the business place throw them out long before the police arrives...

Would it be OK to protest loudly outside your place of worship while you are inside, stating that your beliefs are evil and that only my belief in a monkey god is correct?

Well i think the people who try to do that are clearly showing intolerance for other people's beliefs and the people in the church should probably come out and try to engage them in discussion. I just do not believe that intolerance of those varieties are 'natural' and i know that the state trough the education system incites most of it.

Would any of that bother you at all? If it would bother you, do you think perhaps, the manner of my protests should be somehow regulated.

It may be regulated but only in the most circumspect of ways ( health workers that provide absolutely critical services) and only to protect people from people and rarely if every institutions against people. If some people become so far removed from the fears and every day of realities that they do not understand the protesters motives then that already speaks volumes as to why those people should not have the 'right' to call in the state troopers to 'take away' the protesters that is disrupting slightly interrupting the enjoyment of their ill gotten goods.

How frequently do regular people ( not wall street executives and state officials) actually complain about whatever protestors might be doing?

The regulations would still allow me to make my speech, but in a manner that would not violate the right of others to be free in their lives.

Standing on the sidewalks that were bought with taxpayer money can clearly not be a violation and i have never heard of protesters that do not allow people to pass them on the sidewalks. If they want to block roads i suggest the people who want to pass find alternative routes or go find their own clubs and riot control gear if they wish to 'remove' the obstruction to their liberty and free speech. Maybe we can make the sidewalks and roads much wider and more numerous while removing the reason for protests instead of paying corporate goons to clear our fellow countrymen off the roads?

Does my free speech allow me to trample your liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

Just curious where people stand.

No i do not think that it does as there is more to liberty and the pursuit of happiness than unobstructed roads and peace of mind; you can't really want freedom if you are not willing to allow others to air their very real grievances in the only way they have found practical.

Geraldo is a documented idiot. No dispute there.
But is harassing passer byes with loudspeakers not to be considered inconsiderate behavior?

Not nearly as inconsiderate as the behaviour of those who fund Geraldo's lunacy on TV. Why do you wish to play protector of the public good by supporting the fascist who wish to prevent free speech? Should we in your opinion only protect the fanatics and lunatics that gets airtime.

The Protesters were harassing people as reported. They were creating a public disturbance, and Alex Jones did not have a film permit and was charged for it. The Protesters did not have a permit either.

I do not wish to spend the bandwidth to watch the video but i will presume for now that no one was in fact injured by the protesters? Should we really be sanctioning what type of things people may shout while on sidewalks and if so should we not be a hundred times stricter with what is said on TV?

It is fine to voice ones concerns and opinions, but if it is at the cost of others rights, then it is wrong.

The only thing affected in most of these instances is others right to go about their lives EXACTLY ( they can take alternative routes or shut their ears) as best suits them and that will not lead to liberty for anyone. What rights of these 'others' were affected here?

It is not all that difficult to get permits.

You must be JOKING?

They chose not to and brought down their own problems. I have no sympathy for them.

Well it's obvious you have non but why is that if your so for liberty and such stuff?

I have participated in significant protests. We were always respectful of others and always obtained the proper permits.

The fact that you could always obtain permits speaks volumes as to the 'effectiveness' of your protests and i hope your happy not inconveniencing the people who are destroying your country and livelihood.

I have stood face to face with National Guard troops and enjoyed the pleasantries of riot control gas When one chooses to engage in civil disobedience, one must also expect consequences.

Sure but one should expect those consequences, in a fascist country, to be in agreement with the rules of the land but why should one acknowledge or obey such blatantly illegal 'laws'?

Stellar

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join