It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Arrested In New York

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
When you have to get a permit to speak freely you can omit the freely.

The permit laws are indeed ludicrous, and it matters not that it is a law, it is far more important to highlight the hypocrisy, which is exactly what AJ was doing.

When you are protesting against the body which issues the permits, there is a strong chance you are going to be denied your rights, so you have to act independantly of the law and specifically target the law which restricts you.

Whether you agree with AJ or not, it is your rights he is fighting for and come the day the Democrats take back the Whitehouse, you may not have to get a permit to be vocal against it.

As for Geraldo's highly questionable homophobic remarks, its a sad picture he paints of the US when he can publicly promote homophobia and have millions of fans watch his programme. Had this occured in the UK he would be unemployable and a public laughing stock. Only the ignorant could embrace such behaviour.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Idiots like this may end up helping you retain basic human rights, like the right to free speech, assembly, privacy. Would you agree if it was Rush, or Savage, that got arrested?? Inquirering minds wanna know.

If they were filming without a permit and continued to whine rather than fill out the proper paperwork, sure they should be arrested as well. Don't make him into some free speech idol. He is entitled film as long as it is within the legal boundaries. He pretty obvously had a full film team setup there if he had a sound and cameraman at least. If the law in NY says have a permit to do that, then guess what? A professional film team should have that.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Koka

I don't know where you have been, but permits are required for many organized events. Parades, protests, ect. It's not likes it's something new. Sorry you feel the police state is closing in on you.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Does it really take an old Canadian woman like me to point out to you US citizens what treason is happening under your noses and how the light of liberty that your country once carried is being snuffed out? I certainly hope not, but from my vantage point it looks like an enormous number of you US Americans have bought the lie, surrendered your liberty, and are marching headstrong and headlong into a nouveau Soviet/Nazi perversion of the United States.

Well you can just wait till the the North American Union Swallows you up then. You better start telling your govenment not to commit "treason" unless you want to be assimilated.

I will do my standard reply. To date I have not expericenced a single person who has had their liberties "snuffed" out. Alex Jones being arrested for being not having a proper permit, then being a jerk to those confronting him about said permit, is not his liberties being snuffed out. What ever happen to people following laws and regulations. That's why they are not called suggestions, everyone must follow them.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
People will choose one of two sides in the end. Many will choose in ignorance; police state and the distruction of freedom. The others choose freedom, which is something worth fighting for!

What disturbs me is how many here just explain what he does wrong according to the law which is being tampered with every signle week, slowly taking your rights away. Many don't see it and will not until the end where all their rights are taken away and they have no right or freedom to say ANYTHING; then it is TO LATE!

You can all talk about "oh but your not allowed to film in NY or demonstrate or whatever". Do you guys even know what this means? It's your own rights to freedom and freedom of speech being taked away and many obey like sheeps as if this is the right thing to do.

This have to stop and it doesn't matter what you believe, it is clear as day what's happening, no matter if your mind is aware of the NWO or not.

Just wake up for the sake of freedom, peace and justice!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
I will do my standard reply. To date I have not expericenced a single person who has had their liberties "snuffed" out.

Really now?
Kevin Mitnick.

Look it up.. lazy ok heres the deal.

Link

On a positive point, my case has received world-wide attention, in large part, because of hyperbole and the total disregard of my constitutional and statutory rights as the accused.More specifically, I was held in solitary confinement for eight months, in order to prevent a possible nuclear strike being initiated by me from a prison payphone, and was held for an unprecedented four and one-half years without a bailing hearing.

You was saying what now?? What was that again???

Looks like you are wrong.. I could probably with a bit of research pull up over 100 cases like this.

But this one clearly proves you wrong..

Maybe you should research before you open your mouth. Kinda dont look good on your part.

Here is a story I googled for you.

www.theregister.co.uk...

Talks about how they DIDN'T SNUFF his rights or anything out.. oh wait thats your words.. I meant completely killed his rights as a US Citizen.

[edit on 9/10/2007 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well if Mr Jones is the patriot that he claims to be then here is his chance to prove it. Let's see if he fights these charges to the Supreme Court to get the practice of obtaining permits to be declared unconstitutional. My guess is that he won't. He's already obtained the publicity that he was after.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
right, because im sure AJ has all the faith in the world with our judicial system.

this thread makes me sad. Right, he didnt get a permit - and went to jail. This is not hard to understand.

Whats hard to understand is how people here are sticking up for the law that says you need a permit, as opposed to sticking up for our freedoms.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I agree, let's put Alex Jones in jail for violating some city bylaws meanwhile rapists only receive, on average, a six year sentence.

The system works!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Do you personally know Kevin Mitnick? If not, please mention someone you personally know that has experienced their freedoms derailed.

Kevin David Mitnick (born October 6, 1963) is a controversial computer cracker and convicted criminal in the United States.

Mitnick was convicted in the late 1990s of illegally gaining access to computer networks and stealing intellectual property. Though Mitnick has been convicted of computer related crimes and possession of several forged identification documents, his supporters argue that his punishment was excessive.

en.wikipedia.org...

Keven, Mitnick is a bad example as he is a convicted criminal, or are you contending he was innocent?
Thanks, please try again.

If people have problems with laws then they should fight them in the proscribed matter. Whining about it to the press and public doesn't cut it. Learn how the Judicial system works.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by pavil]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Koka

I don't know where you have been, but permits are required for many organized events. Parades, protests, ect. It's not likes it's something new. Sorry you feel the police state is closing in on you.

I've been here and there and am very aware that permits are required for many differing events and reasons, it does not mean I have to agree with the legislation that governs them.

It is this very issue that AJ is highlighting, you can choose to just accept every bit of legislation that comes to pass, without question, or you can wait till the legislation is specific to you.

Some fight for justice, others fight only for themselves......

So I ask, if there came a time where you felt so strongly about a subject, you were compelled to take to the streets and demonstrate about it and were told you cannot demonstrate as we are not giving you a permit, you would just go home and say "oh well I tried"...?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
So I ask, if there came a time where you felt so strongly about a subject, you were compelled to take to the streets and demonstrate about it and were told you cannot demonstrate as we are not giving you a permit, you would just go home and say "oh well I tried"...?

No I wouldn't demonstrate as I feel that is a "feel good" measure for those who do the demonstrating. There are process to follow to get legislation and laws changed in this country, I would do those if I really was intent on "making a difference". Ever hear of petition drives ect...?

Please show me an instance where some group is denied their right to protest. They may be limited where they protest but even the KKK and Nazi's still can protest. Only those who do not even apply for a permit are the one's who cry wolf. The "I'm above that law because I don't like it" train of thought goes nowhere with me. You work within the system to repeal and change laws and do civil disobedience if you want, just doing civil disobedience gets you nowhere IMO.

If you are intent of violating laws to show your oppostiion, be prepared to suffer the consequences. People do that every day in America. That is their choice.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The fact is, it’s a law that’s been on the books for a very long time. I would have more faith in Alex Jones if he wasn’t so intent on his own personal gains. And don’t be fooled he is out to make money plain and simple.

Ok now for the law about permits, some say it’s unconstitutional to require a permit to protest. I say it’s a very good law. For one it allows for some resemblance of organization. I am all for protesting peacefully for anything you want to cry about. I say protest till you drop, it’s your right. But it’s not your right to disrupt, Yell at innocent bystanders because they don’t think the way you do. With out permits and laws to structure protests we would have anarchy in the streets.

Many people don’t understand that when the constitution was written it allowed for the creation of amendments. These being changes or additions as congress and the people saw fit. Our fore fathers saw this back then that the need to change with the times would be required as our constitution is considered a living document. The need to change the constitution in order to keep up with the times and with the ever changing population and political times is a no brainier.

I for one think most of you who are against the rule of law would be happy with no laws at all. Since you use those laws with-in your own agenda and attack anyone who doesn’t agree with your interpretation. The hypocrisy of it all is sad to be sure.

Freedom of speech doesn’t mean freedom to say anything you want and do anything you want. Freedom of speech was high jacked many years ago to justify the actions of dissenters in our society no matter what they did or do. Alex Jones is no different and he got what he wanted, more publicity for his money making movement.

And I say it now but im sure you Democrats will forget come next Nov. When a democrat is in power what will your comments be when taxes go through the roof, Terrorist are in our backyard in mass, personal freedoms continue to be curtailed. I guess you’ll just keep blaming the other guys. I haven’t met a Democrat yet that will take responsibility for their party’s mistakes, all you do is blame Bush and the non democrats for everything.

[sarcasm]Oh no wait that’s right Bush and Cheney are going to stop the elections and take over as dictators. [/sarcasm] LOL

So here’s the challenge When a new president is sworn in, I want everyone of you police state, elections will be stopped, anti government cry babies to come on here and apologize to all of us "sheeple" how you all got it wrong and we got it right. I won’t hold my breath though because you will prob just shrug it off and say "oh they aren’t ready to do that yet". My sister’s baby’s aunt’s baby’s daddy told me that bushco was on to us and they couldn’t afford to play their hand yet crap. LOL

I think the only inside job about 9-11 is the government knew about it before hand and allowed it to happen in order to justify the Militaries itch for war, as well as to jump start the economy and to put money in big corporate pocket. So yes there is a conspiracy, but not to the extent many have tried to pass as fact with nothing more than videos and hearsay testimony.

Anyway MY dollar

Take care

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

No I wouldn't demonstrate as I feel that is a "feel good" measure for those who do the demonstrating. There are process to follow to get legislation and laws changed in this country, I would do those if I really was intent on "making a difference". Ever hear of petition drives ect...?

Please show me an instance where some group is denied their right to protest. They may be limited where they protest but even the KKK and Nazi's still can protest. Only those who do not even apply for a permit are the one's who cry wolf. The "I'm above that law because I don't like it" train of thought goes nowhere with me. You work within the system to repeal and change laws and do civil disobedience if you want, just doing civil disobedience gets you nowhere IMO.

If you are intent of violating laws to show your oppostiion, be prepared to suffer the consequences. People do that every day in America. That is their choice.

Finally a voice of reason!!!!! My exact train of thought on this matter and well put pavil. Star for you my friend. This is exactly how it should be done and those who try and say other wise can have their opinion because we all have one. The fact remains this country which is still the greatest on earth is governed by the rule of law plain and simple. If you don’t want to abide by those laws then get off your Arse and follow the procedures to try and change those laws. Don’t cry foul and yell police state, we are doomed when you haven’t bothered to follow the law or know about the laws of this country. Alex Jones knew exactly what he was doing and im sure he had a smile on his face as they were taking him to jail. I can see the dollar signs now in his eyes.

Ching ching I just sold a couple hundred more copies of my propaganda video.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
So how exactly are you supposed to protest needing a permit to protest?

I'm sorry but as soon as you begin issuing "permits" for things they cease being rights and are transformed into privileges. The same applys to pistol permits.

Last time I checked it was the bill of rights, not the bill of privilages but Im sure theres a paragraph in the Patriot Act that says otherwise.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

I'm sorry but as soon as you begin issuing "permits" for things they cease being rights and are transformed into privileges. The same applys to pistol permits.

Last time I checked it was the bill of rights, not the bill of privilages but Im sure theres a paragraph in the Patriot Act that says otherwise.

Not even close to the same thing "Thisguy" Permits for hand guns and permits to protest, how can you lump those two totally different topics togeather. See this is what im saying, Total Free rights people always jump from topic to topic saying its the same thing. So in your world we shouldnt make hang gun buyers apply for a permit? Lets just allow anyone and everyone to buy all the guns they want.

You will sleep well at night with that in place?

People we are not living in the 1600s, 1700s anymore for crying out loud. Changes in our laws and rules of law must be made in order to keep up with the current state of society. If anarchy is what you really want then maybe you will have it if you do away with any and all checks and balances in a society Governed by the rule of law.

I hope im dead and gone long before that happens.

I know move to Somalia, I hear they have no laws there. Especially gun laws, try and protest in thier streets, I suspect you may be hacked to bits with a machete.

Take care

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by geemony
So in your world we shouldnt make hang gun buyers apply for a permit? Lets just allow anyone and everyone to buy all the guns they want.

You will sleep well at night with that in place?

Yes. I would. Read the Harvard Journal of Law and Oublic Policy lately?
Fire up v.30.2 (Spring 2007): p649(46) and have a look. It confirms what John Lott and many other have believed all along.

I know move to Somalia, I hear they have no laws there. Especially gun laws, try and protest in thier streets, I suspect you may be hacked to bits with a machete.

Now, that sort of assumes that murder is a RIGHT which it is not and firearms do not cause murder. Murderers cause murder.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Ummm, well for starters you can either

A. Get a petition gathering the needed amount of signitures (I know, another restrictive law to you I bet) to set a new law stating that all protests and assemblies would not need permits.

or

B. Get the Judicial system (remember that checks and balances stuff in High School, probably not) to hear your case and get the courts to strike down that law.

or

Wage a campaign against the tyrannical government that oppresses you.

Those are your three main options.

Or you can just whine about it on a web board. I'm told that works just as well.

Sorry for all the sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Do you think you could be a little less condecending? Try please.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Sorry. I will try. My apologies to all who I have offended.

Just try to use the systems that were put in place by our Founding Fathers before claiming all is lost. That's all I am trying to say. It's like those who complain about election results but didn't even vote.

I'll be good now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join