It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another noob!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Hi all, first time poster here.
Another joining the rash of Australians that seems to be spreading across the site, this one from the tropical north (Darwin)

I've been cruising around the site for while now but just so much stuff to look at.

What drew me here was a youtube vid of John Lear on coast to coast where he mentioned the site so I thought I'd have a look. What kept me here was I found the site covers a whole lot more topics of interest to me.

A little about me:
I've long been interested in the unexplained or even explainable things that leave you feeling 'something is not quite right.' Everything from Egyptology to UFO's and whatever raises questions in between. Obviously, my screws are loose enough to rattle in harmony with much on this site but having said that, some of the stuff here is just a little too 'out there' for me to consider seriously. Still, that's what the site is for.

My own personal experience with much of the stuff here virtually amounts to nil but I will recount the experience here. It may trigger something in someone else. It happened a few years back while driving from Darwin to Adelaide (for those unfamiliar with Australia's geography, it's around 3000 km, north to south, straight through the middle). I had left Tennant Creek just on dusk and I remember we (my Dad was travelling with me) were still a few km's north of Wycliffe Well (google it), I was driving and a bright light appeared in the sky to the east of the highway. It was pretty low in the sky already because neither of us saw it until it got below the roofline of the car from inside looking out. It was in front and to the left of our heading. We watched as it continued a slow, vertical descent never blinking or changing brightness. As it got lower, we could see some low hills off the highway on that side appear as a silhouette in the glare. Then when it got to the top of the hills, the whole ground below it appeared to light up. You know when you're driving at night and you're coming up to a town/city and can see the glow of the lights in the distance. That's exactly what this looked like, an orange/yellow glow that showed quite a bit of the range of hills in silhouette. After no more than a few seconds, the glow died down and we didn't see anything else unusual. We decided that we didn't have a clue what it was, that the ground flare we saw might have been a crash site, and if it was, authorities would already know about it. I remember thinking at the time that it should be very easy to find such a large site from the air. So we continued without giving it much thought. We camped under the stars at the Devils Marble's that night and made it home the following evening.

Upon arrival, Mum's first question was to enquire where we camped overnight. When we told her, she replied with something like "Oh, I guess you were too far north to see the UFO then." Dad and I looked at each other and without wanting to own up and appear foolish, we asked what she meant exactly. She threw the paper (The Advertiser - Sth Australia's statewide paper) at us, headlines read UFO spotted at Marla. This article stated that several UFO's appeared and were spotted by residents at Marla and it gave a time. There were some differences in that the Marla people saw multiple UFO's and we saw one, they saw 'erratic movement' where we saw what appeared to be a controlled descent, they were about 1000 km south of us yet there was only about 10 mins between their sighting and ours.

Anyway, thats it. Off to wade through some more...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Hello, troppo_ozstyle! Welcome to ATS!

How's the weather there? Is it raining?

It's interesting that all these UFO sightings happen in everywhere else but where I live.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Nice intro
And dont be to hard on yourself.. Your a newbie!!
NOt a noob!! hehe noobs are people who dont have a clue..
Newbie, is someone who has a clue, but is still new and getting use to the settings..

You will do just fine here

Welcome
From the night insomnia crew here at ATS..

Blah! (ya know like dracula!:lol

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
welcome man,its an interesting forum here,and u can exchange opinions with people with similar interests.
but whats with the "noob" word there are no noobs thats a stupid word

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Hi Beachcoma, thanks for the welcome.
Weather is hot as always...I only own 2 pairs of long pants, 1 for work/drag racing, 1 for stepping out on the town...the rest of the time it's shorts only. No rain yet, the monsoon season is about to start.

Hi zyson5, glad to be here.
I'm reasonably familiar with the layout and settings (even though I haven't bothered doing a sig or avatar), I was referring more to the site content...a lot of which I don't have a clue about

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, I am new here also and from SA. It is interesting to here of a sighting in my home state! Must keep watching the skies if this is happening again.

All the best mate! Enjoy the site.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Hi Unisol and thanks for the welcome.
Apologies for using the n word. I was trying to inject a little humour into my intro post. *makes a mental note to add more humour or not bother at all

Hi Jimmy and thanks also.
Ex-croweater myself, which is why I happened to be making that trip. I grew up there and my olds still live in SA. The story was front page news in the Advertiser, and it was definitely during the summer months, I just don't recall exactly what year it was. I did a lot of miles up and down there between '97 and '02 and it happened during that period. I'll see if I can't dig up the story from the paper's archives.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by troppo_ozstyle

Ex-croweater myself, which is why I happened to be making that trip.

Sorry, but what is a croweater? You don't actually eat members of the corvidae[/e] family, do you?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
naa no need to apologize man ididnt mean it
u gonna love it here.
im such nerd for secrets ED

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Beachcoma,
No mate, a croweater is a local slang term for a person living in the state of South Australia. Queenslanders = bananabenders, West Aussies = sandgropers, etc.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Funky terms! You learn something new everyday

What's the history behind those names, do you know?

new topics

top topics

join