It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin to Visit Iran - Moscow to Honor Bushehr Pledge

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38

I'm not really a student of this stuff, but if China got involved in any conflict against the US wouldn't that mean collapse of their economy?

Who would they sell all of their stuff too?

Also, wouldn't conflict with the US mean bad things (economically) for most of the worlds countries?

I always wondered how the rest of the world would compensate for that, economically. Wouldn't it mean ruin for them?

Would be nice to hear from anyone who is more knowledgable than me.

China and the US are joined at the hip economically...
so is much of the rest of the world... except Russia.

Getting back to the Russian religious calendar...

In July 2001 Russian economic expert Dr Koryagina
predicted the US would suffer a huge economic attack
the " last ten days of August ", the date, she said, had
a religious meaning... On the Russian religious calendar,
9-11 is 8-29 which is in the " last ten days of August" !

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Ivanova]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well, if China needs the US to buy its stuff and keep them growing.

Can China influence Russia or Iran?

(What extent can China influence Russia, and Iran?)

Also, did China help us to get N. Korea to start shutting down?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
When all the economic dominoes start to fall one by one...
the only one left standing will be Russia.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Gorman.

Are you aware that South Korea is a major US ally?

Yea, and they get conquered by the north. Isn't that implied?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It may be, but it makes no sense whatsoever.

How can North Korea conquer the South?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ivanova

When all the economic dominoes start to fall one by one...
the only one left standing will be Russia.

But is Russia reliant on China at all? When those economic dominos fall why wouldn't Russia also be greatly effected?

(I really don't know, but you think they would be).

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

But is Russia reliant on China at all? When those economic dominos fall why wouldn't Russia also be greatly effected?

All of the major nations are economically interdependent, except Russia.
While the other first world nations moved from a national economy to an
international economy... Russia remained self-reliant. When the dominoes
begin to fall... and they will... you will see who is left standing.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

How can the North take over the South? well, suppose America's government was suddenly knocked out at a time when the people hated it (which seems to be coming closer and closer). Without a leader, the Nation would fall apart into civil war. With no one left to threaten North Korea, they move straight down and conquer S Korea, then go to Japan for revenge of WW2. And if you think the UN or EU would trouble themselves for a little peninsula, then you got another thing coming.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ivanova

Actually, Russia is too buissy fighting internal unrest, terrorists, and money woes to be bothered with the world. Without the US, where would Russia get its Billion dollar check a year from?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Actually, Russia is too buissy fighting internal unrest, terrorists, and money woes to be bothered with the world. Without the US, where would Russia get its Billion dollar check a year from?

Russia has huge deposits of natural resources... and now, thanks
to Putin its coffers are full.

Russia is the largest exporter of natural gas and the second largest
exporter of oil... Putin has paid off Russia's previous loans, including
the IMF and the Club of Paris... Putin has positioned Russia to become
the world's next superpower.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I think this will give Bush and FEMA what they want to impose Martial Law and suspend the constitution. The camps have been built and the laws are in place for the new nazi regime to start. All it is going to take is an attack on Iran and it is started. We still have to worry about Russia.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Ivanova

If you noticed Russia hasn't had a problem since the last school hostage situation. They figured out who did it and decided to stregthen ties.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The best thing that can happen is that Russia an Iran strike a mutual defense deal now..

This would create a new cold war Russia would keep Iran in check and we would all keep each other in check.. MAD.

Not only would this Cold war keep everyone safe via MAD odly enough, But it would also create a new tech race. Competition always benefits mankind.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Question: Did the russians get the complete plant blueprints?

Question: Are the russians building to original print specs? (parts)

As well-experienced power generation mechanic, I think the start-up will prove interesting if the answers to either of the above are no. I'd watch from a distance.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Ive got this strange suspicion that the great bear is proabably going to wake from hibernation. Ever since the cold war ended, the mafia has been putting all the money into the military no doubt with the KGB at the head. Don't be suprised if they pull the ironcurtain shut.

Putin is probably by far the most strong minded and intelligent leader on the world stage generally speaking.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by arclore]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Russia has huge deposits of natural resources... and now, thanks
to Putin its coffers are full.

Russia is the largest exporter of natural gas and the second largest
exporter of oil... Putin has paid off Russia's previous loans, including
the IMF and the Club of Paris... Putin has positioned Russia to become
the world's next superpower.

I see what you're saying, but is any of this benefiting the Russian people?
(Or will it ever benefit the Russian people?)

Hasn't Putin been going backwards when it come to free enterprise and human rights?

I can see the Russian govt. becoming much more powerful, but will it's people?

Also, could they make an enemy of the US and still sell us their energy products?

How would that work?

It looks like we all need each other to buy and sell to. I always think money is the bottom line in most cases.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Electro38]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Putin has positioned Russia to become the world's next superpower.

Bush, by ignorance alone, has positioned Russia to become the world's ONLY superpower, if things continue in this downward spiral of foreign policy. Had he taken his eyes off of Iraq or Afghanistan for a minute while he was in office he could have seen that there's a whole world out there and not everyone bows to the United States.

If this were poker:
Russia is holding a stacked hand right now and REALLY good friends with the dealer. The U.S. is bluffing with a fake Rolex on the table and owes the house for previous gambles.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I see what you're saying, but is any of this benefiting the Russian people?
(Or will it ever benefit the Russian people?)

Hasn't Putin been going backwards when it come to free enterprise and human rights?

I can see the Russian govt. becoming much more powerful, but will it's people?

Also, could they make an enemy of the US and still sell us their energy products?

How would that work?

It looks like we all need each other to buy and sell to. I always think money is the bottom line in most cases.

What will benefit the Russian people is for Putin to become Tsar...
which he is well on his way to becoming... now being Tsar is not
being a Western type constitutional monarch... there is a difference.

Europe is dependent on Russian gas and oil.. Tsarist Russia will
become the leader of Europe... it is well on its way !

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ivanova

I've been watching this thread for a while, and I did some light reading on Putin. I'd have to say, the man is quite a genius in the way he handles foreign policy issues. It seems like he's applying the principles of his favourite sport Judo in dealing with his rivals. I can see how you have such a high respect for him.

But what exactly is a Tsar by your definition, and how would Putin end up becoming Tsar?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

All of the major nations are economically interdependent, except Russia.
While the other first world nations moved from a national economy to an
international economy... Russia remained self-reliant. When the dominoes
begin to fall... and they will... you will see who is left standing.

I totally disagree. Whatever Russia has inside its borders in the form of resources, it's a dwarf, in terms of human capital, to the US, china, and many other nations, which is what matters in any economic condition most. It will never be a super power based on anything beyond its nuclear weapons capabilities. The biggest thing Russia has going for it is the ability for it to modify its nuclear reactors to be fitted with thorium based fuel. They could dominate the energy market with this because it’s closest to market with thoriumpower.com technology. Oil and Gas will not define a super power years from now.

Russian GDP is not even 1 trillion and is slowing down. Comparing to world GDP, US Europe china and general Asia, Russia is very small with a decreasing population.

Don’t get me wrong, Russia has a lot going for it, but it they try to isolate themselves it would not benefit them in the long run.

Right now in my opinion is if the dominos fall, Europe will be the hardest hit around the world. US would come out on top as the better of the worst.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join