It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin to Visit Iran - Moscow to Honor Bushehr Pledge

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Putin to Visit Iran - Moscow to Honor Bushehr Pledge

www.presstv.ir

Iran's Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki says the Russian officials assured Tehran that they would complete Bushehr nuclear power plant.

"Moscow has pledged to complete Bushehr nuclear power plant," Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said adding, "The issue is to be fully discussed during the upcoming visit of Russian President Vladimir Putin to Tehran."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This article is from Iranian news.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Wow. What an interesting time to be alive.

The (unlikely?) possibility of the Russians doing something like this occurred to me, in a whimsical sort of way. But to see that it's going to happen...well, isn't that special.

Fug

[edit on 9/9/07 by Fuggle]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Apparently Putin will be in Iran in October.

Iran says Russia committed to finishing nuclear plant

2 days ago

TEHRAN (AFP) — Iran said on Thursday that Russia remains committed to completing construction of its first nuclear power plant, despite strings of delays and setbacks, state media reported.

"During our latest discussion, Russian officials assured us that they are committed to completing this power plant," Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki was quoted as saying by the state broadcaster's website.

"We will emphasise this in next month's visit by (President Vladimir) Putin to Tehran," he added without elaborating.

afp.google.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
If Putin is to be in Iran in October...

The US has just 3 weeks to launch its attack.

If an attack is really and trully what the US intends to do.

Putin to Bush: "I'll see your bet, and raise you."

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Putin will attend a Caspian Sea summit.

Putin to visit Iran for Caspian summit

Sun, 19 Aug 2007 20:11:24

Russian President, Vladimir Putin, will attend the summit of the Caspian Sea littoral states to be held in the capital of Iran in the fall.

The visit to Tehran by Putin will take place at the invitation of Iranian President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. The two presidents have held a meeting on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) summit in Bishkek.

Entire article at link below

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar

If Putin is to be in Iran in October...

The US has just 3 weeks to launch its attack.

If an attack is really and trully what the US intends to do.

Putin to Bush: "I'll see your bet, and raise you."

What if all the news stories about the rift between Russia and Iran
over money that caused the year delay are a ruse... in other words,
Putin might be in Iran this October for the dedication !

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Ivanova]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The US will attack Iran in 08. If I would be a good war-mongerer I would strike Iran BEFORE the fuel is in because it would be a catastrophe worse than Tchernobyl. But if I don't care or I like killing people like the globalists, I would strike it AFTER the fuel is there so it would spread and kill hundreds of thousands due to radiation sickness. Also, let's no forget the monsoon winds, which could spread the radiation over Afghanistan, China, India, Pakistan... which could be even better to kill more people. So if you're a mass murderer, better to wait until the nuclear reactor is complete.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
IMHO the Neocons have to strike earlier not later. The longer they wait the more Russia and China will play their games and the stakes will rise exponentially... furthermore it is VERY expensive to have 3 full carrier strike groups doing nothing but waiting in the middle east.

So get out your popcorn and watch the upcoming show.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ivanova

This really crept me out. About 2 years ago I had a dream bout this happening. China, Russia, Iran, and, Korea (that's right, no S or N) all align together and a battle for the west occurs. We lose, then rebel and rebuild. Sooooo, it all ends good, kinda sorta.

I think it's about time I post my dream up in the form of a time line for all to see.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Gorman91]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Gorman.

Are you aware that South Korea is a major US ally?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The Russians don't care if the US attacks Iran and takes out Bushehr as long as it costs the US plenty. One thing the Russians probably didn't want to happen was for Israel to attack it like Osiriak in 1985 in Iraq.

That was too easy. So, the Tors defense system was sold to Iran. Now Israel can't effectively attack.

If Iran is destroyed, America bankrupt, the world a madhouse, well, the Russians don't care.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Can you imagine what would happen if either US or Israeli air strikes were to begin while Putin is in Iran?

Could this be a reason for increased urgency? Perhaps bumping up the strikes prior to the Putin visit?

Interesting times.

We could be just one terror attack away from war.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Maybe Putin is going there to tell Iran to get with the program or face the consequences. While Putin's intentions about getting the reactor up and running are a nice gesture of friendship between the two countries, this can also be a one on one discussion that mentions the current Iranian leadership can be replaced if they act foolishly.

China has taken care of the DPRK, and now it is Russia's turn to take care of Iran. This is what I make of all this and so far. Remember who just got elected in Iran, that one person can be a part of something that helps remove foolish people from power in Iran. A military option is the last step in any campaign, but the political one is just getting started.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Putin will be in Iran October 18 ?

This article says:

Tehran to host summit of Caspian nations Oct.18

www.indianmuslims.info...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Whenever I hear that Russia is helping Iran with their nukes I am reminded of this weird program that was played on the History Channel right after 9-11.

It was a program that originally aired in 1979. When I was a kid I saw that original airing. I remember it was right at the time when the American hostages were in Iran.

The show fearured Orson Wells narrating and was about Nostradamus. What struck me watching this program again in 2001 as an adult was how accurate the predications seemed. They explained how Nostradamus predicted that the beginning of WW3 would start when Afghanistan is invaded (or when there are battles in Afghanistan).

At the time they aired this program in 2001 we just entered Afghanistan.

Then they went on to suggest Nostradamus predicted that Russia would secretly ally with Iran, and Iran would then shoot off some nukes at NY.

It seemed like the producers of that program conjectured, a lot, but seemed so accurate. It's almost as if the producers/writers of that show are predicting what is happening, more so than Nostradamus. I have since not seen this program air again.

I believe Russia has become our enemy again, or will very soon.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Electro38]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Speaking of Nostradamus,

Century X-72 says an awesome
king will come from heaven in the
seventh month 1999.

Putin was appointed Prime Minister
8-9-99... which according to the
Russian religious calendar [which
is 13 days behind the Western
Gregorian calendar] is July 1999.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
PS

Nostradamus used the same Julian calendar
the Russian church uses today... Nostradamus
lived before the introduction of the Gregorian
calendar.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm not really a student of this stuff, but if China got involved in any conflict against the US wouldn't that mean collapse of their economy?

Who would they sell all of their stuff too?

Also, wouldn't conflict with the US mean bad things (economically) for most of the worlds countries?

I always wondered how the rest of the world would compensate for that, economically. Wouldn't it mean ruin for them?

Would be nice to hear from anyone who is more knowledgable than me.

Oh, getting back to the Nostradamus thing, the list that was provided above by someone which included this "Iran offers to aid Syria following new tensions with Israel" , just reminded me that in the same TV program I spoke about above it was said that the # will really hit the fan when Isreal shoots a nuke into Syria (or it might have been the other way around, I forget now). So I've been keeping any eye out for one of those things happening...

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Electro38]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join