It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

APEC hit with typical 'Bushisms'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   

APEC hit with typical 'Bushisms'

news.yahoo.com

President Bush had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day at the Sydney Opera House.

He'd only reached the third sentence of Friday's speech to business leaders, on the sidelines of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum, when he committed his first gaffe.

"Thank you for being such a fine host for the OPEC summit," Bush said to Australian Prime Minister John Howard.

The president's next goof went uncorrected — by him anyway. Talking about Howard's visit to Iraq last year to thank his country's soldiers serving there, Bush called them "Austrian troops."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Protestors and Police clash at APEC

[edit on 9-9-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Hahaha!

I saw footage of this on the nightly news and i had to post it. I've always joked about Bush calling Australia Austria, but it's finally happened, while he is here!

Also, he seemed to have oil on the mind, referring to OPEC. I both hate and love this man at the same time. I will sure miss laughing at him when he is gone.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr

Also, he seemed to have oil on the mind, referring to OPEC.

That's exactly what I thought when I read that bit. Do you think he's doing it on purpose? Or is it all that coke he sniffed has somehow messed up his speech articulation abilities?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Bush and articulate should never be written in the same sentence i don't think haha

In saying that, i think it was a genuine slip of the tongue like he is famous for. It does seem convenient though that he referred to an oil organization. Bush probably bathes in the stuff, who knows.

Seriously though, people write speeches for this guy and he still manages to screw up. Some of my personal favorite Bushisms are:

'Trying hard to put food on our families'
'Is our children learning'?

This kind of thing. It makes my day.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
When i seen this on the news i just shook my head & i thought doesnt this guy know where he is.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
From the video it appears he corrected himself immediately.

I guess all of you never had a slip of the tongue before in your lives....

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Sure we have, but not as often as Bush

The guy does it so often they actually named the synonym to spoonerism after him. Or is spoonerism a completely different thing?

new topics

top topics

join