It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microchip implants cause malignant tumors in lab animals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The Associated Press will issue a breaking story this weekend revealing that microchip implants have induced cancer in laboratory animals and dogs, says privacy expert and long-time VeriChip opponent Dr. Katherine Albrecht.

As the AP will report, a series of research articles spanning more than a decade found that mice and rats injected with glass-encapsulated RFID transponders developed malignant, fast-growing, lethal cancers in up to 1% to 10% of cases. The tumors originated in the tissue surrounding the microchips and often grew to completely surround the devices, the researchers said.

Albrecht first became aware of the microchip-cancer link when she and her "Spychips" co-author, Liz McIntyre, were contacted by a pet owner whose dog had died from a chip-induced tumor. Albrecht then found medical studies showing a causal link between microchip implants and cancer in other animals. Before she brought the research to the AP's attention, the studies had somehow escaped public notice.

src www.inteldaily.com...

The popular Verichip has now been linked to cancer in lab animals. The rates are low but the danger is very real. People don't need to be chipped and this story could very well spell the end of this invasive and dangerous idea.

brill

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Nice find.

Unfortunately I'm not optimistic this will deter anything. I think that it will simply be denied, debunked, and even more of a reason for the powers that be to implant us (since it aligns with the population reduction agenda.)

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Could the radio-frequencies themselves be the cause of the cellular mutations that lead to cancers forming? There have been strong suggestions that human exposure to strong EM frequencies can cause illness, such the link between leukemia cases in households situated close to high-tension power-lines and substations

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think the cancer is a small side effect

The government Orwellian Tyranny that will come with the forced chipping of the population is the real problem folks.

Educate yourself, watch a video like Freedom to Fascism or the Upcoming Super Video 'End Game' By Alex Jones...

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Its certainly possible. Given that the tumours formed very near the capsules themselves that could be strong evidence that the items are a problem. We both touched on this a while back on this article:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was under the impression that the cancer wouldn't reveal itself until the implant was removed......at least that's what happened to Scully

brill

[edit on 8-9-2007 by brill]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
There are two other threads about this that have been closed.
They may provide other links to this story.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

Not in this case - the part doesn't actually transmit anything at all. It doesn't use radio either.

The Verichip and other implantable h-field parts like it are powered by an external interrogator that emits a radio-frequency magnetic field. They respond by switching a load onto and off of the interrogator.

When you're not interrogating them, they're inert, and when you are, they don't emit a signal as much as just present a greater or lesser current draw on the interrogator's electronics.

I don't think much of Albrecht at the best of times. It will be interesting to see if there's anything at all here, beyond Albrecht needing another 15 minutes of fame. Maybe she's about to publish another 'book'?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by XR500Final
I think the cancer is a small side effect

The government Orwellian Tyranny that will come with the forced chipping of the population is the real problem folks.

Educate yourself, watch a video like Freedom to Fascism or the Upcoming Super Video 'End Game' By Alex Jones...

Naturally the benefits of chipping have been highly touted and the reality is "they" could chip the public through a new mass vaccine or some other means. I'll be doing my best to avoid it.

brill

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
What immediately comes to mind is, are there any other medical devices which use the same material that is used to encapsulate the Verichip?

There's no emission from the things, either that material is not bio-compatible long term or it's contaminated during the encapsulation process somehow.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
What immediately comes to mind is, are there any other medical devices which use the same material that is used to encapsulate the Verichip?

There's no emission from the things, either that material is not bio-compatible long term or it's contaminated during the encapsulation process somehow.

I'd be inclined to say the not bio-compatible option. We know the human body is specific in its needs and generally defends itself against foreign hosts. Of course animal anatomy differs from humans so perhaps the same may occur short term, who knows.

brill

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I wonder if Mythbusters will show the RFID being taken out of Kari's arm. It was implanted in last week's show about RFID chips exploding with MRI.

I wonder if Kari even knows about this....

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
that episode made me sick.

gee, who would have guessed? implanting a foreign object that sends and receives information into my body is a BAD idea? i thought we were adding something that was left out through evolution/god?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Found some additional info and it appears to back Tom Bedlams theory.

First item is from a source clearly showing cancer detection in the mid to late 90's. Again the overall percentages are relatively low but this is only what we know.

Published in veterinary and toxicology journals between 1996 and 2006, the studies found that lab mice and rats injected with microchips sometimes developed subcutaneous "sarcomas" - malignant tumors, most of them encasing the implants.

- A 1998 study in Ridgefield, Conn., of 177 mice reported cancer incidence to be slightly higher than 10 percent - a result the researchers described as "surprising."

- A 2006 study in France detected tumors in 4.1 percent of 1,260 microchipped mice. This was one of six studies in which the scientists did not set out to find microchip-induced cancer but noticed the growths incidentally. They were testing compounds on behalf of chemical and pharmaceutical companies; but they ruled out the compounds as the tumors' cause. Because researchers only noted the most obvious tumors, the French study said, "These incidences may therefore slightly underestimate the true occurrence" of cancer.

- In 1997, a study in Germany found cancers in 1 percent of 4,279 chipped mice. The tumors "are clearly due to the implanted microchips," the authors wrote.

src: www.journalgazette.net.../20070908/APN/709080608&template=apart

Next the original story seems to have stemmed from a family pet. The dog passed away and according to an examination it was determined that the petchip may have led to the tumour.

A nine-year-old French bulldog named Leon was the catalyst for the enterprising Associated Press story published this weekend about the link between RFID chips and cancer -- which comes just a week after the California senate passed a bill prohibiting the forced implanation of chips in humans.

Next we we have former Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson, whose agency oversaw the FDA while it was considering the VeriChip for approval. Of course Mr Thompson refutes the fact that he knew about VeriChip but records differ with the following little gem.

After leaving the Cabinet and joining the company board, Thompson received options on 166,667 shares of VeriChip Corp. stock, and options on an additional 100,000 shares of stock from its parent company, Applied Digital Solutions, according to SEC records. He also received $40,000 in cash in 2005 and again in 2006, the filings show.

src: blog.wired.com...

Finally today it was announced that VeriChips shares plunged by 14% after the reports linking the chip to cancer was made public.

It would appear that there was some definitive results prior to VeriChips claims that their chips did not introduce any forms of cancer. VeriChip still stands strong in their belief that their implanted chips are safe and I'm certain Mr. Thompson is enjoying his earlier gains from VeriChip.

src www.prisonplanet.com...

brill

note - I can't get the first link to work, not sure why because its correct.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by brill]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
There are five threads on this topic:

This is the original: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Others are being closed.

[edit on 9/11/2007 by Gools]

join