5. Political Correctness - Not only has the "philosophy" of political correctness stripped us of our testicles in this country, it has also managed
to make us feel bad about ourselves for using words that were perfectly commonplace several years ago. Hey, we've got the slavery and genocide
carried out by our ancestors to keep us guilty for the next few centuries. Let's wait until then to worry about whether or not ordering our coffee
"black" will offend someone.
4. Political Corruption - The system of checks and balances seems to have long gone out the door. This should have been confirmed for MANY when the
democrats took a bit of control last November yet, nothing at all changed. While we are busy fighting to "spread democracy", we at home have to
wonder if our votes even count when it comes to our elections.
3. Perpetual War for Profit - Still stuck in Iraq after 5 years and nothing has been accomplished. Unless you count a bunch of millionaires becoming
billionaires and 4000+ American lives being lost as something. And for what? The only logical answer: MONEY..."OH! But we got Saddam out of power!"
Bah, Saddam hasn't hurt any of us over here on American soil, at least the last time I checked.
2. The Federal Reserve System - Everyday we get to hear about the nation's "debt". And who are we indebted to? A small group of rich bankers who
made a killing by convincing our government that issuing money that had no solid backing (such as gold or silver) was the good way to go. Our economy
is rapidly falling apart and it seems as if nothing will be done about it. A guy named Kennedy tried to fix this mess once, though I hear something
bad happened to that guy. Who owns America? The Federal Reserve Board, that's who. We could have our economy fixed by tomorrow morning, if the source
of our economic problems weren't the ones in charge of our economy.
1. Apathy - The American public, as a whole, knows more about what happened on Big Brother or UFC last night than they know about the workings of
their own government. The only thing sadder than that is, THEY JUST DON'T GIVE A [snip]! The stresses of everyday life have become too much of a
hassle for us here in the land o' the free. We have slipped to the point where we have forgotten that freedom is not just given away, it is EARNED.
We have been fed more and more crap to keep us placated over the years so the crooks can run amok without us putting up much, if any, fight. It's
time to WAKE THE [snip] UP AMERICA! What good are your television and cell phones gonna do ya when you are inside on of those FEMA run concentration
camps? If nothing else, I guess you can always take pictures of your fellow detainees with your camera phone. Apathy is going to kill this country
quicker than anything else. Unless us American's make a concious effort to get off of our collective [snip] and change a few things, violently if
necessary, we stand as much chance as an ice cube in [snip]
NOTE: Mirthful, proceed. (Just try not to make it Rant alright? That forum is dead as all [snip] and this isn't a rant....it's a commentary
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
[edit on 8-9-2007 by elevatedone]
Note: elevatedone, hell (as in the place) is a curse word? I must say, I am confused by this edit.
[edit on 8-9-2007 by SimiusDei]