It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joan of Arc died in her 50s.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
So you are stating that you don't believe that Jesus died on the cross or that he is God or the Son of God.

Originally posted by queenannie38
Neither.

I suspected that.

Most people don't view her as having been an evil witch. Most view her as a heroic saintly figure. It is all a matter of public perspective. Which in turn makes her popular and, among other things, boosts tourism, books, memorials, etc.

...But that is how people NOW view her; something far removed from what the transcripts of her trial state she was tried for.

Of course.

But you are right, there were various witnesses to the event who were townsfolk. The soldiers initially threatened them to remain silent on the matter.

Some still living, too. I live 70 miles from Roswell.

Interesting place to live.

There are many courageous figures in history that are known and many more that are unsung. But the truth about Joan of Arc also needs to be confirmed. The material presented in the Ripley's Believe It Or Not episode in the 1980s (hosted by Jack Palance), as well as the more recent Pravda article, should not be immediately dismissed without further investigation.

If Joan of Arc was not executed, she still stands out as a noble and heroic figure in history.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   

You don't know the half of it. Far more than just extraterrestrial speculation and g-men in black vehicles (not that I've ever seen any)

The energies here are worth the scorpions and snakes. But off-topic.

But the truth about Joan of Arc also needs to be confirmed.

It will be, very soon, actually. But not quite yet.

The material presented in the Ripley's Believe It Or Not episode in the 1980s (hosted by Jack Palance), as well as the more recent Pravda article, should not be immediately dismissed without further investigation.

No doubt. I agree all investigation is never ill-recommended. However, I HAVE investigated both sides of this....including Pravda's track record (which is worse than Ripley's but at least Ripley's claims entertainment when Pravda pretends to be FACTUAL when it is pulp and farce more often than not - and if you find a 'not' please let me know! ).

My conclusions are firm and substantiated (although, of course, not above being in error, but I am quite the thorough investigator and dispassionate about most things I investigate unlike most people - my passions are kept separate.)

If Joan of Arc was not executed, she still stands out as a noble and heroic figure in history.

I'm curious as to why you have your doubts, just out of curiosity. Care to share?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   

So you are stating that you don't believe that Jesus died on the cross or that he is God or the Son of God.

Neither.

I suspected that.

I think there's a misunderstanding right there. Well, no I know there's a misunderstanding. But I don't think it's mine.

Understand?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

You don't know the half of it. Far more than just extraterrestrial speculation and g-men in black vehicles (not that I've ever seen any)

The energies here are worth the scorpions and snakes. But off-topic.

Things that make you go...HMMM.

But the truth about Joan of Arc also needs to be confirmed.

It will be, very soon, actually. But not quite yet.

Okay...fess up. What are you holding back here?

I'm curious as to why you have your doubts, just out of curiosity. Care to share?

Fair question.

With all the recent evidence pointing to Issa/Juz Asaf/Jesus never having died on the cross (or even being incarcerated), but escaping the Romans, moving to India, and dying at the age of 80 after declaring that he was the Galilean Messiah, I tend to be more doubtful of historical claims that are countered by other historical claims.

Originally posted by yeahright
I think there's a misunderstanding right there. Well, no I know there's a misunderstanding. But I don't think it's mine.

Understand?

Perfectly. It is called drawing out a response.

[edit on 13-5-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Understand?

You do KNOW I love you, my friend, don't you??!?!

You rebellious-spyder-driving-danger, you!

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Okay...fess up. What are you holding back here?

I have nothing to confess. I am an innocent man...ahem...person.

In due time, sir; our policy remains the same as it ever was:
we will sell no wine before it's time (said Paul the FREE mason)

Perfectly. It is called drawing out a response.

All I can offer in the way of 'drawing out' is Moses....from Ra's Well!

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I always thought of Nephertiti or Cleopatra as some of the original feminists..... Let's face it, in a time when only men ruled, these two women both ruled empires...

There doesn't seem to be a lot of evidence refuting the standard Joan of Arc story though, or at least not evidence from reliable sources. As for "crazy", she believed she talked to God, so was seen as a heretic at best, a witch at worst... Personally, I think the new king (or his people) saw her as a growing political threat and simply offed her with ammo she easily provided....

If you've never seen the Messenger....I always considered it to be a pretty decent depiction...(though others may differ)....

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Originally posted by funlovincriminal
very interesting post, NTH.
what do you think about the story?

You know, I really have no idea. I know that Joan of Arc was a real person yet, I've always considered her story just that, a story.
If Margarita d"Champdiver (the real Joan of Arc) was really the kings daughter, I think that they would be able to test the remains to find out if it's her. It was long thought that the skull was that of his wife Charlotte but she died when she was 38. The skull came from a much older woman.
In short, I have no idea what the truth might be. I do know however, that Joan of Arc was the first feminist. I hate feminists.

You know, whenever I hear a real hairy chest-thumping he-man say how much he "hates feminists", I always wonder how recently he was--yet again--soundly trounced by one.

And exactly where do you get the ludicrous notion that Joan was the "first" feminist? Is it because she's the only famous female you've ever heard of ?
I think you need to study some history. Spelled "h-i-s-t-o-r-y". You can find it in books--you know, those things in libraries, the big square buildings found in most cities. You will NOT, however, find anything even resembling history in "Pravda".

Actually there was a woman, not many years after Joan's death (yes, at the stake, in Rouen, France) who showed up claiming to be Joan. She was even "recognized" by a couple of the real Joan's brothers, not to mention others who had been Joan's friends and fellow soldiers. She married and had children, which somewhat disillusioned those who believed her to be Joan--because the "real" Joan had taken a vow of virginity. (That's why she called herself "Jeanne la Pucelle"--Joan the Virgin.)

As I recall, this woman eventually confessed to being an imposter.

Not surprising, since Joan of Arc's death had been witnessed by a large crowd.

And some of the actual transcripts from Joan's trial still exist.

She was burned as an alleged witch/heretic, but it really had much more to do with politics--not to mention the he-men of her time who also "hated feminists" and couldn't bear the fact that a mere girl had whupped them decisively on the battlefield.

AND repeatedly outwitted them in court.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just why they always claimed famous people did not die yet, the double was killed, the real person was missing or gone somewhere.

Hitler was not killed, his double was killed. Hitler went to inner earth.

Elvis Presley did not die, his double died. Real Elvis Presley was given a new identity and hiding away.

There are many doubles and doubles of Saddam Hussein.

Osama double soon?

Ok, history might be wrong in some case, the real person was not dead, history made mistake.
But what is the point of knowing the real person was not dead as history said? while anyway the real person is DEAD now!!!!!!

Does it make you feel good to know Joan of Arc was not actually died young, does it matter if she died at 50, 70 or 105? She is DEAD now!

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CinLung-Part-1
Ok, history might be wrong in some case, the real person was not dead, history made mistake.
But what is the point of knowing the real person was not dead as history said? while anyway the real person is DEAD now!!!!!!

You are absolutely right.

Beyond just having a desire for historical accuracy, there are also agendas afoot.

Does it make you feel good to know Joan of Arc was not actually died young, does it matter if she died at 50, 70 or 105? She is DEAD now!

It matters a great deal to those who elevate said person to a heroic or saintly status - or even to be the Son of God.

A classic example of that is the prophet Issa/Jesus, also known as Yuz/Jus Asaf.

Yuz Asaf In Wikipedia

Issa/Juz Asaf Escaped Crucifixion & Died In India At 80 After Proclaiming To Be The Galilean Messiah

The Tomb Of Issa/Jesus In India

Jesus/Issa Escaped Death On The Cross & Went To India (German Scholar)

Jesus/Issa Escaped Death On The Cross & Went To India (Islamic Scholar)

Above there are various references to Issa/Jesus never having died on the cross and never coming back from the dead. But if he did not in fact come back from the dead then that blows to bits the fundamental understanding of all the Christian religions - that Jesus was and is the Son of God.

So in the general sense it doesn't matter how a person dies. But in the religious and heroic sense, it matters a great deal to people. Joan of Arc dying of a lung ailment after marrying doesn't have the same heroic impact of her dying as the result of an execution on the stake.

The absolute truth always comes out eventually.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This is one of my favorite films, The Passion Of Joan Of Arc

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So in the general sense it doesn't matter how a person dies. But in the religious and heroic sense, it matters a great deal to people. Joan of Arc dying of a lung ailment after marrying doesn't have the same heroic impact of her dying as the result of an execution on the stake.

The absolute truth always comes out eventually.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by Paul_Richard]

That is the problem with human beings. They like heroes and saviour, people are weak, lazy and fear.

I doubt about "absolute truth always comes out eventually". Anyway you never knew the pass since you had never been there, even if you were there you might see things differently.

Just don't spent too much time on pass and future, it is NOW! and it is always NOW!
Con people can always tell heroic and religious stories because there are weak lazy people who like to hear.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

That is the problem with human beings. They like heroes and saviour, people are weak, lazy and fear.

Are you not human yourself?

Without heroes there are no role models. Without role models humans are just animals.

So yes...it does make a difference to have he-roes and she-roes in society.

I doubt about "absolute truth always comes out eventually".

Sure it does.

Ever hear of a near-death experience?

Millions of people around the world, representative of every faith, religion and philosophy, have had them.

One of the common facets of an NDE is that you get to understand the absolute truth about how you affected - good, bad, and indifferent - those around you. Awareness and knowledge about other things that one could not know when incarnate is also accessible.

Anyway you never knew the pass since you had never been there, even if you were there you might see things differently.

How do you know that any one of us was not there?

Hopefully, with time, we become more educated and more objective, not less so.

Just don't spent too much time on pass and future, it is NOW! and it is always NOW!

Knowing the past helps one understand the present. True, it is important to concentrate on the present mainly, but having a good background about one's past helps one cope with the present and also to overcome unexplained fears and phobias. It also helps one identify strengths and talents.

There are cases whereby people have had a phobia about something, like drowning for example, and they were hypnotically regressed into a former lifetime or a number of them, whereby they drowned. That is the source of the phobia.

I became a certified hypnotherapist in 1994 and have done past-life regressions even prior to receiving that official training.

Knowing the source of an unexplained fear is half the solution in overcoming it.

Con people can always tell heroic and religious stories because there are weak lazy people who like to hear.

You don't seem to like people very much.

"Weak, lazy people" get inspiration to improve themselves by heroic and religious stories. Those stories therefore have their purpose in society. All the better if those stories are true as well.

I think my favorite Joan of Arc film was the one that had Ingrid Bergman in the title role.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

1. Are you not human yourself?

2. Without heroes there are no role models. Without role models humans are just animals.

3. Ever hear of a near-death experience?

4. Millions of people around the world, representative of every faith, religion and philosophy, have had them.

5. How do you know that any one of us was not there?

6. Hopefully, with time, we become more educated and more objective, not less so.

7. I became a certified hypnotherapist in 1994 and have done past-life regressions even prior to receiving that official training.

8. Knowing the source of an unexplained fear is half the solution in overcoming it.

9. You don't seem to like people very much.

10. "Weak, lazy people" get inspiration to improve themselves by heroic and religious stories. Those stories therefore have their purpose in society. All the better if those stories are true as well.

Dear Paul,

Thanks for your time replying my humble opinions.

1. I am human, that's why I was talking about human nature, weak lazy and fearful.

2. We are all animals. And we have problems with "It role models that drives us to nowhere better".

3. N.D.E? Yes, and never been there. It is 99% wrong, I read one of the famous NDE books. It was a wrong approach. All those cases mentioned in the book has one thing in common which indicates what todays people believe in NDE is WRONG!. When you die, you die. When you are near to death you no die yet and you never understand what lies beyond.

4. That is the problem. It is just another hope after hopes.

5. Yes, education is good as long as it is not infected or corrupted.
Western world are trying to educate others so that others will learn the western way no mater it is a right or wrong way. Today, it is the jews way that educating the world, and it has no wrong or right. But they are so many wrong in the process.

6. Time is what everybody is buying. It always gonna take times!
But be reminded, some people believe time don't even exist.

7. Great. I wish I could learn about hypnotism, it is one on top of my priority list. Would you share your knowledge?

8. True. And I know the the source of human fear is "Human is always weak, lazy and fearful". That is the source.

9. I am just trying to tell the truth according to my own judgement.

10. Not really, heroic and religious story is an immature jump start which doesn't make things better. It certainly has purpose in society which is NO GOOD.

True story is always nice. But it is no wise to rely on them.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I suggest that you get yourself a good referral to a hypnotherapist who specializes in past-life regression therapy. Have some sessions and explore not only past-lives but also the Interlife or period in-between incarnations when you were the most knowledgeable and the most aware.

This will serve to provide you with the personal validation that you need.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Wow! A three year gap between posts and this thread came back to life. That's kind of a metaphor for reincarnation right there.

Maybe she got away, maybe she didn't. When we get this far from an event, it's hard to tell the facts from the fiction.

Anyways, here's an article that says she died of Heat stroke and not Burn injuries...Here. I don't know what the guy is arguing exactly. Maybe that she wasn't "burned" at the stake but rather, "stroked" at the stake. Either way, the fire probably had something to do with it.

He-he, "stroked"...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join