It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 protest on FOX NEWS- Geraldo Rivera

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Project_Silo

I think what everyone is forgetting or is unaware of is this; the ONLY reason Imus was let go by CBS and I can not make this clear enough....THE ONLY REASON IMUS WAS LET GO BY CBS, is because the advertisers for his show pulled out after he made those comments. It's nice to want to remove GR for what he said and did and how he acted and how hes a chump a loser a tool etc etc but if you really want him off the air for this, stop with the emails to fox news, research a group or two who would side with you on this matter (like the PTC for example they wouldnt want their children to have to hear such hateful and hurtful remarks on a News program) and email them and team with them to get a significant amount of "bodies" boycotting the advertisers. Throw that strategy at FOX and see how fast GR is off the airwaves. IMHO.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Nice example of how to evade the point by using personal attacks, Valhall.

Tell you what. You stay on your side of the fence and I'll stay on mine, OK?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by impactstyles

Ok... lets all write to the sponsors... here is how the draft will look:

Dear CEO of (insert sponser here),

While watching Geraldo Rivera the other evening, I was upset at some comments he made toward some protesters that were shouting during his show. He said they were ugly. He also said they probably have gay bathroom sex. These people were just trying to get out the word that 911 was an inside job and that our government orchestrated the entire day so that we can justify a war with Iraq. By the way, did you know Larry Silversein had his building demolished on 911? He said so!
Geraldo had no right saying those mean things to those citizens of the United States.

With the above stated, I urge you to pull all your advertising to this show, or the 911 truth movenment will be forced to boycott all your products.

Thank you,

Joe T. Public

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainObvious

WIth a nickname like captain obvious you sure missed my point. NOWHERE did i urge the people to write the sponsors, once you reread my post you will notice i recommended first researching specific groups i.e. the PTC and writing THEM, not to write the advertisers directly, that would be as effective as emailing fox news, and since you didnt see it too "obvious" at first glance, I will explain it as thouroughly as I can for you. You dont bring up CTs or anything like that you cater to the groups agenda. So since its the only group I can think of at the moment, you contact the PTC and logically explain how GR's bashing could have tremendous negative impact on your unsuspecting child who happened to be watching with the rest of the family that night, and children should not have to be subject to such language on a family news program blah balh blah, and IF enough people contact them with this type of complaint, THEY do all the dirty work of scaring the advertisers and getting GR off the air, thats how it works.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I love how Geraldo thinks he can kick anyone's arse, let alone Alex Jones.

I wish he'd go back to doing that show where people were hurling chairs at his face.

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by impactstyles

Impact... I stand corrected. I should have read your post more carefully.

However...Like him or not, Geraldo made comments to a group that was disrupting his show that he was trying to do. I understand the movements agend to reach as many people as possible, but that was not the time or the place.

You can write to whomever you want. Geraldo was upset with the way his show was being disrupted by a "Truth Squad." Boo Hooo... he said that probably have gay bathroom sex, that they were ugly, and if "they were to get violent" he was sure he and his crew could take care of it.

He didn't threaten anyone. His remarks were not homophobic .... and have you seen alex jones? That dude is as ugly as they come!!

Again sorry about not reading your entire post.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainObvious

No Problem. I couldn't be upset with anyone that enjoys "sexy parties" as much as stewie and myself anyway. That being said, I totally agree they have no right to disrupt the broadcast, unless what they were doing was legal. Now I am not a lawyer by any stretch of the imagination so I cant say one way or the other if that was technically legal or not, I just want people to understand its not your voice that counts in this country, fox news could have received 8 million emails demanding his head it would not have mattered, what matters as usual in any circumstance like this is the almighty dollar.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
my my..there was a time when i respected jeraldo....
did he need a job that bad??

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Geraldo is half Puerto Rican and half Jewish.

Puerto Rican is a nationality. Jewish is a religion.
So half and half doesn't make sense.

Perhaps he is half Puerto Rican, half caucasian?
Half christian, half Jewish?
That makes sense.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Anarchist's Group?????? Boy I just lost major respect for Geraldo Rivera.
Major Kudos to We are Change and Alex Jones for taking over the show. That's one of the best things I've ever seen on Television.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
Puerto Rican is a nationality. Jewish is a religion.
So half and half doesn't make sense.

Judaism is a religion, but it is an ethnic religion so "Jewish" refers to an ethnicity too.

en.wikipedia.org...

A Jew (Hebrew: יְהוּדִי, Yehudi (sl.); יְהוּדִים, Yehudim (pl.); Ladino: ג׳ודיו, Djudio (sl.); ג׳ודיוס, Djudios (pl.); Yiddish: ייִד, Yid (sl.); ייִדן, Yidn (pl.))[1] is a member of the Jewish people, an ethnic group originating in the Israelites of the ancient Middle East. The ethnicity and the religion of Judaism, the traditional faith of the Jewish nation, are strongly interrelated, and converts to Judaism are both included and have been absorbed within the Jewish people throughout the millennia.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

I'm Jewish. I know what it is. But it's not proper to say Judaism is an ethnicity but Christianity isn't. Maybe that's why there's so many stereotypes out there.

I'm Jewish, but I'm not Israeli. My family came from Russia and Hungary originally. If you are going to use the rationale that because I was descended from an Israeli tribe 6,000 years ago, then you should say the same thing about the origins of Christians because they were all Jewish before they were Christian.

[edit on 9/10/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

Well it is a debatable subject, but way off topic for this thread. If you really want to debate this, start a new thread.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious
He didn't threaten anyone. His remarks were not homophobic .... and have you seen alex jones? That dude is as ugly as they come!!

really? would you consider waving your clenched fist while grinding your teeth a threat to say.. a police officer? Would you make the same gesture towards someone bigger than you at a bar? If I were to make that gesture to you, how would it make you feel?

Now on to the homophobic remarks - they most certainly were. Basically, calling someone else gay, when you have no idea whether they are or not, is what homophobia is all about. Also called projection.

Now onto how attractive Alex Jones is - I'll leave that up to you, since you've already decided whether or not he fits your taste. Apparently not.

Kudos to We are Change and Alex Jones for taking over the show. That's one of the best things I've ever seen on Television.

amen.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by scientist]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

What did Geraldo say that was more hateful and degrading than the protesters' accusations that 9/11 was an inside job, thus accusing the President and others of mass murder?

If you don't think George Bush and Co. are mass murders and a war criminals, then you are beyond ignorant and certainly not above reproach.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelie

What did Geraldo say that was more hateful and degrading than the protesters' accusations that 9/11 was an inside job, thus accusing the President and others of mass murder?

If you don't think George Bush and Co. are mass murders and a war criminals, then you are beyond ignorant and certainly not above reproach.

Can I ask why you think you have the right to call people who don't agree with your opinion of the administration "ignorant?" I'm no fan of the Bush Administration but you do know that most intelligent, informed people would find your characterization to be silly?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Can I ask why you think you have the right to call people who don't agree with your opinion of the administration "ignorant?"

Accusing George Bush of mass murder is not an opinion, it is a fact. The actions of George Bush and co. have lead to mass murders and deaths. Whether you believe Bush was complicit in the murder of 3,000+ people on 9-11 or not, doesn't take away from the fact that thousands upon thousands of men, women, and children have died because of his decisions. He is a mass murder, there is no argument there.

but you do know that most intelligent, informed people would find your characterization to be silly?

I'm not interested in the characterization's of the so called intelligent and informed, if they do not have the insight to discern a murderer from a patriot, then their intelligence is of no use to anyone living in and defending a free republic.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Amelie]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelie

I'm not interested in the characterization's of the so called intelligent and informed, if they do not have the insight to discern a murderer from a patriot, then their intelligence is of no use to anyone living in a free republic.

Then again, some people can see the worlds in shades other than just black and white. Bush is neither a murderer nor a patriot. He is simply a man who couldn't be more ill equipped to be President of the United States and one who doesn't possess the intelligence nor backbone to stand up to those in his Administration pushing the Neo-Con agenda.

I value the opinion of those whom you seek to dismiss and would suggest what is of no use to anyone living in a free republic are views such as yours.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Bush is neither a murderer nor a patriot. He is simply a man who couldn't be more ill equipped to be President of the United States and one who doesn't possess the intelligence nor backbone to stand up to those in his Administration pushing the Neo-Con agenda.

Bush not possessing the intelligence or backbone to stand up to those in his Administration pushing the Neo-Con agenda is an indictment against him as the President of the United States. As the POTUS, Bush is responsible for the lives lost because of the Neo-con agenda.

I value the opinion of those whom you seek to dismiss and would suggest what is of no use to anyone living in a free republic are views such as yours.

I view someone who is ignorant if they deny a murderer is murderer. I don't have to dismiss an opinion that would state the opposite; those people who were murdered are still dead. It's my duty as citizen and a human being to indict murderers and make sure they are held responsible for their actions.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Wow! What do we have here? You think his mother was a little schitzophrenic????

Interesting. Seems his mother thought RIVERA sounded too Puerto Rican!!www.snopes.com...

Interesting read. and i guess now being Jewish is not a religion?

This is messed up.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join