It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 protest on FOX NEWS- Geraldo Rivera

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
Geraldo isn't Mexican. His real name is Jerry Rivers. He changed his name early in his career so that he could stand out.

Geraldo is half Puerto Rican and half Jewish.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Geraldo background...

www.snopes.com...

www.rumormillnews.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Personally, I've never been a fan...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

This is so funny but that nose and his hair is what make him and my husband so look at like.

Occurs my husband nose has been broken like his and while he can afford to keep his hair my husband has lost most of his.

Yes, he is very much a Puerto Rican, no Mexican, for those that do not know about his background, he doesn't look Mexican at all .

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I mentioned in my other post that the whole night felt "scripted". I was there and saw it all, documented it and it seemed very scripted. I think Fox News wanted to to happen, staged it to get the truth out, and Geraldo knew the protesters were coming. He was on the Times Square magnetron for the first time in his career, and the show was about nothing important at all and so it should not have been played on the magnetron.

If Geraldo had to play the role and was in fact in on it, but couldn't admit it, then I feel bad for all the insults that were thrown his way. If my theory is correct, and all my indirect evidence points that direction, then Geraldo gets an applause for sure, even though he had to play the role and act like they were just "misfits"

If you watch the entire broadcast again on your DVR, you will notice that when the protestors first arrived, Geraldo acted as if he expected it. Alex Jones arrest was definitely scripted. If this proves to be true, I will never forget what Fox News did and they deserve an applause. But, its only a theory for now.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Geraldo rules. If he said that stuff for real he's awesome because he's crazy and says things that ridiculous on the "news." (This is a statement about all cable news channels, not just Fox). If he was told to say that, then he's awesome for going along with something where he has to say things that don't make any sense just to make everybody mad and get ratings or whatever they were trying to do.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'll listen to Alex Jones talk about thought provoking theories, before I gag down a sloppy load of Geraldo's irrelivent garble.
GR is nutjob, a complete wacko, thats why he wheres nice clothes and glasses to hide his insanity.
Sombody called people AJ followers sheep. I shouldnt bother but How can you be a Family guy fan, and be a geraldo fan at the same time? I mean come on now.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
They just mentioned the incident on Coast To Coast AM just a few minutes ago. So if you want to sound off you should call in.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
He needs to be removed from the air like Don Imus.I mean cmon lets break it down.

911 truthers like gay sex in bathrooms.
911 truthers are the most unatractive group hes ever seen.
911 truthers are mifits,communists,and radicals.
He also basically threatend them,and even made a slight gesture,I have been arrested before for making a threatening gesture,harrassment believe it or not is what i was charged with.

So wtf is the deal here.He needs to be gone.I cannot stand the bad name the truth movement has been getting from the mainstream.Not long ago even though i watched world a events everyday,I thought truthers to be liberal crazies and such.

I was typical fox warrior,although i kept a lot closer eye on stuff around the world than most,I simply ddint believe some information because what was beaten into my head.

Then i started to study some stuff,and now it is a complete obsession.I personally am torn between if we let it happen or helped it happen.I think we knew about it but let it happen,but then again i have heard explosions,saw squibs,saw no plane at the Pentagon or in PA.I just don't know.

But i do know that many many Americans are not looking into anything but the official story because to them we seriously do look like crazies.I seriously thought everyone like myself now and you guys were bad Americans.I would get so pissed when i saw demonstrations and protests.But now im on the other side wondering why I can't protest anymore.....

We need to make an example out of this chump! Any Ideas?

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Hey remember that they did protest and there was lots of support from the NYPD. I saw protesters blocking sidewalks and stopping traffic, and the NYPD didn't do a thing about it.

Keep in mind that Alex could have been in co-hoots with Fox News. Geraldo is on the big stage now, and Fox News could be the first to spill beans once truth comes out in 2-5 years. Geraldo said "Get a life" "misfits", new Alex Jones was the leader of an anarchist group, it's just too fishy.

[edit on 9/10/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Project_Silo

We are currently working this out here, but we have to use tact here, and not seem to come off as a mob who wants blood..

Not someone running around with a bullhorn.. Alex Jones is a great leader, but I have to agree with StreetCorner Philosopher theroy..

This is a shambles on both sides of the mess.. Not just Geraldo, and not just Alex jones.
Like you hear in most things, it takes 2 to tango!

Both sides messed up.. Yet no way does that justify Geraldo and what he said.. I mean really.. So IM up for any ideas aswell. I just know we have colum A here, and colum B and a little C and D.. We have to agree on something here people, presay finding something to disagree about..

[edit on 10-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
They don't want to make it easy on the sheeple, because in a sense ignorants deserve to be taken advantage of because thats how they learn and break out of their slumber. So the media is probably getting ready to allow Alex and his movement to set up the rallies in symbiont with it's regular broadcasts.

"It's a hypocritical world" said Geraldo and his guests, perfect timing. Let the sheeple grow up on their own, give them a chance and eventually all empires deflate an economy after a rebellious period. They want the masses to fight for freedom, so they let the freedom of speech become our only weapon. Those who lay in apathy don't deserve to be free. That is what John Rockerfeller might have thought.

[edit on 9/10/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I too agree using a megaphone while he was live on air is a little much.But the funny thing is i had to listen harder to here Alex over the rest of the crowd.And i heard all of GR's mindless insults just fine.

The fact that we can all agree about is even if Alex Jones was louder than him and you could'nt hear a word GR said,GR was still completely out of line.And for that he shall be an example.

Its time we use their own tactics against them.They like to mock us on t.v. all the time, and we put up with it,but seriously enough is enough.So lets use their own ignorant words and to defeat them.(almost said assassinate but GR might get the cops over here to arrest me heh)

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
It funny that someone used the term "scripted" cause I have been thinking about this all day. As the protesters were dispersing, Geraldo says," Lets get back to the script" and I found that choice of words to be very odd.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
He said it fast too. He said "Ok, lets get back to this scripted program" Geraldo was pissed at all the remarks being made towards him, and Its a shame at what a fool he looked like on TV. I sure hope he was just flapping his mouth. If not, the world is officially ending if we have media such as that to brainwash the even lower listeners.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo
He needs to be removed from the air like Don Imus.I mean cmon lets break it down.

911 truthers like gay sex in bathrooms.
911 truthers are the most unatractive group hes ever seen.
911 truthers are mifits,communists,and radicals.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

Here's one:

Forward a copy of the broadcast along with a formal complaint to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).

Here's another:

Once you've filed your complaint(s) against Geraldo Rivera, Fox News, and the Fox Broadcasting network, notify Fox Broadcasting that the complaint(s) have been filed and that you are pusuing "legal recourse".

Contact an attorney specializing in "Media Law" and/or "Defamation".

The Media Legal Resource Center (MLRC) might be able to point you in the right direction. You might also try the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) for legal advice and/or assistance.

I'm pretty sure that the ACLU would relish a chance to defend to rights and reputations of the "little guy" protesters against the likes of right-leaning Fox and its mouth-piece Rivera.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
for anyone interested, here is a more complete clip of the episode, with much less edits:

rawstory.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
hey i just figured out a secret!!

FOX news really stands for

Frothing Overreactive Xenophobes

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
Forward a copy of the broadcast along with a formal complaint to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).

That would be about as useful as sending a complaint to Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.

The FCC has absolutely no regulatory control over cable television, only television and radio broadcast over the public airwaves.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77
hey i just figured out a secret!!

FOX news really stands for

Frothing Overreactive Xenophobes

How about Foney Opinion Xperts LOL

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
For those of you, on this thread who think that Geraldo had every right to make homophobic remarks towards people who are protesting against what happened on 9/11. Really need to take along hard look in the mirror.

Weither those protestors had a permit or not, his remarks was absolutely disgusting, Unwarranted, and he as a reporter, should be made to apologise for the remarks. If not the he needs to be sacked, or sued by those who were in the crowd.

Good freakin job this did not happen in the UK he would have been either sacked on the spot or suspended, pending on an investigation.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by spencerjohnstone]

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join