It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 protest on FOX NEWS- Geraldo Rivera

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
reply to post by zysin5

You seemed to be advocating the repeal of laws regarding public assembly. That seems to be a view if someone with at least leanings toward anarchy. If you say you are not an anarchist then I have no choice but to accept that.

As for the two warnings, I am proud of them because it means that I dared to take issue with majority here. I may eventually be banned. We shall see. But until I do, I will continue to speak my mind. I thought Truthers thought that to be an important right?

Or is that only to be applied to those who hold the "correct," beliefs?

No one is saying you can not express your opinions, but I have seen your other post and quite honestly your nasty when you do it. You attack people , you belittle people and you are completely insulting. How many post in this thread have you called someone an idiot for what THEY THINK? I do not recall seeing others calling you anything for what you think. They may take issue and debate with you, but I don't see anyone belittling you. That is the difference.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by section8citizen

It's really quite simple. Your rights are governed by laws in this country. If a law is unconstitutional then it must be proven so through the court system. Do you not understand that? You don't get to decide which laws are to be followed. Well actually you do but you also need to be prepared to suffer the consequnces.

Interesting that you insult me while accusing me of being insulting. A bit hypocritical I would say.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Did I insult you or did I say that part of my post was a good example of the way your posts help no one and do nothing but instigate?
Anyone can instigate and be insulting. Thats how you have been getting warnings, if you find it insulting that I acted just like you to get my point across, then maybe you should look to yourself and see that the way you relate to others is a problem. Do not pick bits and pieces and then call me a hypocrite. READ the whole thing, and see what it is I am actually saying.

Edited to add: You can feel free to call me a hypocrite or whatever else you want, it just proves my point further. So please go ahead and insult away because I LOVE being right.

[edit on 9/9/2007 by section8citizen]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This is the beginning, when the group arrives.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
oh oh gueraldo.

such a tool.

i love this video.

interesting to see why fox didnt cut to something else.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Alright...

Settle down... I sent forth my minions and they brought me Geraldo's head on a pike.

That should satisfy any blood lust by the masses.

Vlad Monkeys, not just for justifiable impaling anymore...

[edit on 9/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen

Anyone can instigate and be insulting. Thats how you have been getting warnings, if you find it insulting that I acted just like you to get my point across, then maybe you should look to yourself and see that the way you relate to others is a problem.
[edit on 9/9/2007 by section8citizen]

Honestly, I don't care if you are anyone finds me to be insulting. I find many of you here to be equally so. It seems that the only point of view welcome here is the majority view. Any poster who deviates from the "company line," immediately is labeled as brain washed and or a neo-con.

It's the height of hypocrisy to claim to be a seeker of truth and then shout down anyone who offers a different point of view,.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have not shouted you down for your point of view, so please show me where I did this. Fact is you are completely insulting and belittling to others and no one has to say anything to you in order to be treated that way. I would also love to hear your explanation for how you can be "Shouted Down" over a keyboard? I post, you post, we all post and each post can be read equally. So how are you being shouted down? Seems to me that you consider anyone who disagrees with your point of view to be "Shouting you down" but it is actually called debate and the last time I checked, debate was needed if you want to get to the truth.

You are free to have any opinion you like and I am certainly open minded enough to hear you out and if I agree I will say so and if I do not I will say so, but one thing I wont do is call you an idiot, an anarchist, or anything else because you do not share my opinion. All I am asking you is not to be insulting, why is that a problem?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Just puzzled - there's a large plaza, it has a stage and a live show going on.

But the public has to stand on the sidewalk to watch otherwise they could be charged with Trespassing or illegal gathering if more that 50 sop to watch.

How does Fox get to build the stage? gets a permit from the building owners. would that permit also include the need for he public to gather safely in the plaza area instead of on the side walk\road?

As Fox news would have expected more than 50 people to gather to watch their live show wouldn't they have need to get the permit from NYC?

Now with all these permits covering the gathering ofthe public and access to the plaza.

How do you arrest somone for trespassing?

Also is someone is identified in court as being a member of a group labelled as gay restroom communist ugly by a news report on a live feed doesn't that person have a right to Sue for libel?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Libel probably not, slander is possible but IMO would be a stretch.

Very good point about all the permits, I think someone said it could be considered private property due to the property line, I always figured the sidewalk was public property to begin with.

Alex Jones was not arrested for Trespassing, that was reported wrong early on. However the he was charged with (sorry I do not remember the exact phrasing) but it was something like illegal use of a sound device or something to that extent. I am not sure what the others were charged with.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Night_Watchman if you have a point a "truther" cannot deny or debate against then you have the upper hand, not by insulting people.

If you want to tow the company line you have to be willing to debate the fine points and how and why you think such points are moral and logical (or illogical and immoral).

Now, i have not seen you insult people and i do not believe that your opinions or "line towing" are a minority. There have been plenty of posters on this thread alone that have defended Geraldo (and maybe "towed the line"?....i dunno). I personally do not believe that such a person should be in media. Resorting to calling people homosexuals is not cool. Especially on live TV.

I could draw comparisons about Geraldo bringing other minorities into it but im not going to, because i dont and shouldn't need to. I love the thought that i can be anyone i want to be in this country (Ireland)...gay, straight, bi, les, tran, post op Woman, whatever.

You go on about your freedoms but the rest of the world is looking and have seen your so called freedoms being degraded by some overblown security measure. To need a permit to exercise a Constitutional right of protest is foulplay.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious
Alex Jones' infowars

“Update: People Died in WTC 7: This Makes Silverstein and the FDNY Guilty of AT LEAST Manslaughter

[edit on 9-9-2007 by CaptainObvious]

Is this where Jones say's FDNY were murders?

So Jones said "FDNY were murders"?

Or was it a program that he was affiliated with that said "FDNY Guilty of AT LEAST manslaughter"?

Can you clear this up Captain?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by Valhall

Originally posted by Valhall
jso,

We're not reporters with a mic in our hand proclaiming that we're bringing "fair and balanced" news while calling those names, ok? And if I thought you couldn't grasp the difference between a bunch of private citizens smacking their keyboards on a discussion board and cable news reporter using his mic to air extreme bias, I would have just ignored the silly comparison. But I'm holding out hope you didn't really think it through first.

What's this supposed difference that allows you to condone certain behavior from members here and at the same time condemn it in a news reporter?

Are you interested in seeing the caliber of discussion improve here or not?

Are you interested in denying hypocrisy and ignorance, or will you just ignore it when it supports your POV?

You're a senior member here; many people look to you as an example. But when you have the opportunity to point out hypocrisy and instead choose to say "I thought it was pretty easy to follow - he's just another douche bag", I wonder about it.

Oops, my bad. You really don't know the difference between s*** and shinola, do you? Okay, I've got a happy button for that. I'm going to start denying ignorance this evening with you. Then I'll move to the douche bag, Geraldo.

You've sunk further and further over the years into ludicrous behavior in order to argue. And I don't actually give you enough credit to state you are arguing a point or a position. I firmly believe you just are addicted to arguing with any one that didn't get up on a given morning with the same voices in their heads. You have become embarrassing, when once you had a taint of sense to you. Your statements when you get "into the thick of things" are laughable and assinine. And yours on this thread serve as my example.

That's my "senior moment" on this board this evening. Now, I'll hit my happy button.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Video of the protesters on the jumbo screen lol

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Rivera is a scum sucking douche bag ! That clown should have been beaten down and thrown back across the mexican border were he comes from ! Since he is all for ILLEGAL aliens rights to sneak across into this great country of ours and then call all us patriots that want our borders secured against the invasion of his fellow countrymen VIGILANTES ! We all know were his true alliance's lie ! Boot the bum of the air and back were he belongs !!.P.S. Remember when he was embedded with our troops in iraq ? Did he or did he not broadcast across live t.v. were and what our troops were at and what their operations were doing ?? Talk about aiding and abetting the enemy !...............

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I just sent an email.

Hello,

After watching Geraldo Rivera tonight in New York City, I am shocked as to what you allow be said on your network. I quote "I think these demonstrators are all into restroom gay sex" -Geraldo Rivera. That is a very homophobic, tasteless comment. Making such an assumption is inane. I would hope to see an apology from Geraldo Rivera as I am confident that mass a majority of your viewers in the future will tune to your network, give it a passing glance, change the channel, and shrug it off lightly if an apology is not given.

Regards,

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Look on the bright side; That nose of his has been broken many times because he IS an A@#$.

It will no doubt be broken again.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by weatherguru

So, if I decided today, Sunday, that I wanted to join a protest, I would have to go WHERE to get a permit to "permit" me to do so?
Back your assertions with facts, per se, where we would go to get such permit on a day when the offices to grant such permits are actually closed I would guess.
Wake up.
No one owns you, stop letting them act like it.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by weatherguru]

There are laws and we have to abide by them. Sorry if that inconveniences you and your fellow anarchists.

And for those who suggest that there should be no legal requirement for a protest or assembly of any kind, I wonder if you've given thought to the types of problems that would arise if you got your way.

No matter what you think of FoxNews, they were in NYC lawfully last night and had a legal right to conduct their show. Why are those rights unimportant?

Some of you selective on who's rights are important.

I have never been to a protest, and have no plans to be at one in the future.
But I reserve the right to do so, if I so choose, and will do so, permits or no permits.
No one owns me, slavery supposedly ended long ago.
Or did it?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

reply to post by zysin5

You seemed to be advocating the repeal of laws regarding public assembly. That seems to be a view if someone with at least leanings toward anarchy. If you say you are not an anarchist then I have no choice but to accept that.

As for the two warnings, I am proud of them because it means that I dared to take issue with majority here. I may eventually be banned. We shall see. But until I do, I will continue to speak my mind. I thought Truthers thought that to be an important right?

Or is that only to be applied to those who hold the "correct," beliefs?

I, for one, am against having you banned.
Opposing views are what this is all about.
Gets pretty boring rather quickly when everyone agrees with you.
But, are protests only to be held by people "who hold the "correct" beliefs?"

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SHADOW WALKER

Geraldo isn't Mexican. His real name is Jerry Rivers. He changed his name early in his career so that he could stand out.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join