It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 protest on FOX NEWS- Geraldo Rivera

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if the protestors were indeed trespassing, is that really an arrestable offence? I've been nailed trespassing a couple of times and it was only a $70 fine.

It is beyond the point of "peaceful" protests now. I'm not advocating violence or anything, but what do people expect "peaceful" to be?? Walking in a single file line, staying off the road, clearing the sidewalk??? If ANY type of protest is going to enact any sort of change, it needs to be disruptive, not violent, but something that will call attention to it. If that means screaming, yelling and interrupting a live TV broadcast(especially on FOX, it can only increase the quality of their programming) than so be it.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
It is beyond stupid to somehow suggest they were denied their Constitutional rights. Get a grip. They broke that law and they were arrested. As it should be. It is their right to protest but it is their responsibility to get the proper permits.

Ok let me see if I have got this right....

Your saying it is my right to protest, but in order to protest I have to apply for a permit from the same people I am protesting against? Now I realize that I am not the brightest bulb in the box, but even the village idiot can see the problem with this logic.

The Truth is... they should not even have to apply for a permit to exercise their First Amendment rights. It is your right! No one can tell you when you can and can not exercise A RIGHT.

Your RIGHTS are defined as: A broad range of privileges and rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution and subsequent amendments and laws that guarantee fundamental freedoms to all individuals. These freedoms include the rights of free expression and action (civil liberties); the right to enter into contracts, own property, and initiate lawsuits; the rights of due process and equal protection of the laws; opportunities in education and work; the freedom to live, travel, and use public facilities wherever one chooses; and the right to participate in the democratic political system.

If a person has to ask permission to exercise a right, then it is not really a right is it?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Alex has proven exactly what he wanted to.
He's proven our rights are vanishing rapidly.
I've watched his films and while I'm not wooed by his used car salesman style I can't refute his points.
He's right, our government is the very tyrannical oppressor they tell us they're protecting us from.
As for Jerry Rivers?
He's always been a moron, his comments were that of a weak minded child hoping to lash out at what he can't understand.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen

It is beyond stupid to somehow suggest they were denied their Constitutional rights. Get a grip. They broke that law and they were arrested. As it should be. It is their right to protest but it is their responsibility to get the proper permits.

Ok let me see if I have got this right....

Your saying it is my right to protest, but in order to protest I have to apply for a permit from the same people I am protesting against? Now I realize that I am not the brightest bulb in the box, but even the village idiot can see the problem with this logic.

I find it completely ridiculous that people are arrested for having a demonstration. The government seems to have forgotten that their job is to serve the people, not the other way around. Keeping order is important, but that does NOT mean preventing people from getting noticed.

What happened to empathy and compassion in the USA? People seem to get angry and upset very easily.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Thank you, thank you very much for that post.

For people like me that has been around for 4 decades I know once when the government used to listen to the people.

Now it seems that the job of government is to circumvent, erode and step on the constitutional rights of the citizens of this nation.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Can someone tell us if this has been reported on local news in New York City? I would like to know how people are reacting to this over there.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is just more evidence that we live in a fascist state rather than a democracy or republic. Alex Jones should have never been arrested, and Geraldo is just a sell out. He was against the war in the beginning but flip flopped when was offered to report in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianVandal

He was against the war in the beginning but flip flopped when was offered to report in Iraq.

Right, and IMO the whole deal with Geraldo giving out our said plans, was just another progaganda move on the part of our leaders..
They made it out like... OMG he gave out our plans, when it was never our plans to begin with... Please, doesnt take much to see threw that one..
He is a paided puppet..

Its called Bait and switch
... And a very useful tool, as maybe even the bad guys fell for that... But I highly doubt it...

That was a set up plan from the get go...

[edit on 9-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

That, or Geraldo just did it to get the heck outta dodge when he realized there were real bullets.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

LOL the closet that man got to real bullets would be the ones that where in the stockpiles safely in the base...

He wasnt in the thick of combat... that was set up...

He made it seem like.. OH, IM under fire here, but IM still reporting!!

The commander put him there as a tool nothing more than he was last night a tool..

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Please, please, PLEASE do not lump me in with the views of NW. I do not think we have ever seen eye to eye on ANY subject and ESPECIALLY THIS subject.

My views on this topic are all over this thread. No one should have been arrested, period. As a citizen of the USA you are permitted "rights" as described by our Constitution and Bill Of Rights. By arresting these people, the NYPD violated the First Amendment right of those people. Under the First Amendment we have a freedom of speech. Under the First Amendment you also have the right to "Peaceably Assemble" and protest the government.

What we saw in NY was a group of people exercising their First Amendment Right and that is NOT against the law no matter if you agree with the message or not.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spawwwn
What you all fail to realize is that the constitution states that people have the right to PEACEFULLY assemble. When was the last time you saw a peaceful 9-11 truth demostration? Come on we've all seen the videos of these so called "protests" by these truth clowns. All they do is go up to innocent people minding their own business on the street, and scream in their face how "9-11 was an inside job".

This "protest" was no different. They were on a bullhorn freaking screaming this nonsense at the top of their lungs. That's NOT peacefully assembling. That's disturbing the peace for one, and for 2 it's just freaking rude. Aleks Jones deserved what he got, and Geraldo was right for everything he said about these CTers.

So, if I decided today, Sunday, that I wanted to join a protest, I would have to go WHERE to get a permit to "permit" me to do so?
Back your assertions with facts, per se, where we would go to get such permit on a day when the offices to grant such permits are actually closed I would guess.
Wake up.
No one owns you, stop letting them act like it.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by weatherguru]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by weatherguru

So, if I decided today, Sunday, that I wanted to join a protest, I would have to go WHERE to get a permit to "permit" me to do so?
Back your assertions with facts, per se, where we would go to get such permit on a day when the offices to grant such permits are actually closed I would guess.
Wake up.
No one owns you, stop letting them act like it.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by weatherguru]

There are laws and we have to abide by them. Sorry if that inconveniences you and your fellow anarchists.

And for those who suggest that there should be no legal requirement for a protest or assembly of any kind, I wonder if you've given thought to the types of problems that would arise if you got your way.

No matter what you think of FoxNews, they were in NYC lawfully last night and had a legal right to conduct their show. Why are those rights unimportant?

Some of you selective on who's rights are important.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

There are laws and we have to abide by them. Sorry if that inconveniences you and your fellow anarchists.

Okay yet agin, please look up the word anarchists.. Thats a bold face lie!!
I am not an Anarchist!!! Please.. dont use that kind of slanderous bashing here... I see 2 warning already.. Looking to get banned?

wonder if you've given thought to the types of problems that would arise if you got your way.

And yes I have given that much thought.. Becasue it would open the doors for people like Fred Phelps to talk where ever he wants... Hate speach is not free speach for the record..

NO one was spreading hate that night.. People want to be heard?
How do you suggest they do it.. All just whispered in the back ground?

dont worry, this war isnt fought with guns, or voilence. but with words, and the compassion of the people... We will get our permits, and do this right.
So you people cant act like this, when the word gets out..
You happy now?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I have not seen this posted and I think some people here may be interested in the following video It shows Alex after his release.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by GameSetMatch]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

You seemed to be advocating the repeal of laws regarding public assembly. That seems to be a view if someone with at least leanings toward anarchy. If you say you are not an anarchist then I have no choice but to accept that.

As for the two warnings, I am proud of them because it means that I dared to take issue with majority here. I may eventually be banned. We shall see. But until I do, I will continue to speak my mind. I thought Truthers thought that to be an important right?

Or is that only to be applied to those who hold the "correct," beliefs?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
Geraldo is a real a$$hole!
Here are his off the wall comments about the 9/11 protesters.

Video is here
www.youtube.com...

Of course Geraldo is going to try to discredit the protesters. Hes part of the media...and we all know who runs the media. The same people who run the coverups.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This Geraldo character has publicly exposed himself for the bigot that he is whilst at the same time creating more publicity for the protesters than they could ever have hoped for. Good work I'd say.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm watching Geraldo Live, lol he hasn't acknowledged anything from last night yet.

EDIT
LOL it just happened, the same guest from last night that said you can find gay sex everywhere in west Hollywood brought it up. Geraldo put up his hand again at the end he said "Oh I wish they were here I would whip them"

[edit on 9-9-2007 by CanadianVandal]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I really think you just like to argue. This has nothing to do with abiding by laws. What this has to do with is the first amendment right that one has to protest. Anarchy? At what point has anyone in here said "no government"? It seems like you are using the words of Geraldo to stir the pot, then again maybe your just a big fan. The law itself to ask for a permit to protest is unconsitutional by itself. You want people to ask for permit to protest AND you want them to ask the same people they are protesting against? Anyway you cut that, you do not have to ask for what is already your RIGHT. Once you have to ask to exercise your rights, it isn't a right anymore it becomes a privilege. Just like you should never have to ask someone else what your opinion is before you speak, you have the right to assemble peacefully without permission from anyone. People like you are dangerous, because you can not even see when your rights are being violated and yet you would expect others to allow it to happen.

And for those who suggest that there should be no legal requirement for a protest or assembly of any kind, I wonder if you've given thought to the types of problems that would arise if you got your way.

Well to use your own words... sorry if people who are exercising their rights as provided by the First Amendment "inconveniences you and your fellow fascist" from getting to the nearest Starbuck's. I also decided to say this as a good example of how a post like yours is nothing more than insulting, attacking, and helps no one.

No matter what you think of FoxNews, they were in NYC lawfully last night and had a legal right to conduct their show. Why are those rights unimportant?

Some of you selective on who's rights are important.

This is simply twisting people's words to suit your needs. Show me one post that said Fox News had no right to be outside doing a live show? The fact is THEY DID, however... in doing the show outside in PUBLIC, they give up any expectation of PRIVACY that they would have had they did their show in the studio. Which means, you can't get mad if people walk up to your set and protest. They are exercising the their right to be there, just as Geraldo was exercising his rights to do his show there. No one here has stated that one person rights are more important than another's but YOU! You can not dictate WHO's rights trumps WHOM's.

[edit on 9/9/2007 by section8citizen]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join