It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dean and Gephardt got TROUNCED!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Iowa is called. Kerry wins!

I know New Hampshire will be a whole new ballgame with the gun shy General and former VP nominee returning to the process after conceding Iowa,

but come on, THIS IS HUGE!

Kerry won big time, with Edwards a close second. That's ALOT of people not voting "frontrunner" Dean.

New Englander Kerry is poised to give Dean a real fight now in NH. And Clark and Liberman have both opted for either a win in NH or bust. I predict BUST!

Then we move south to South Carolina for a three man race between Dean, Kerry and Edwards. Hmmm? Who's big there?

I bet Edwards is singing Christmas carols right now: It's beginning to look alot like Clinton...

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Just tuned in to MSNBC and noticed the same thing. I personally like Kerry. Well, first step to success.

LETS KEEP GOING...

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I was hoping Edwards would win Iowa, I guess he came close enough. New Hampshire should be very interesting, especially since Clark and Lieberman have already been campaigning there for a few weeks now. It's going to be going very fast now.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It's official.

I know five guys that are on the phone to Dick for an endorsement RIGHT NOW!

What I can't stress or say enough about Iowa... it proves real people, the middle class, people that live in reality won't vote Dean. I'm not saying ranting college students and angry communists won't. I'm saying look at Iowa.

82% of Democrats voted against DEAN!

If they won't even vote Dean, why would Republicans? Please think strategy Dems.

[Edited on 19-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
ha ha ha. i find this all so funny. although i do thisnk shrub is an idoit, your people have no chance against him in november.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I am a conservative and i'd love for Dean to win the nomination cause he'd only win vermont and washington dc in the race for president. Though these results don't mean much, if dean is out of the nomination, atleast all the Kooks here in vermont that love him won't vote as furious and we'll hopefully keep our awesome gov Jim Douglas who has the evil "R" next to his name.

It's funny how in this state Douglas was nominated from the republicans AND democrats when he ran multiple times for treasurer, but now he has an R and now he's EVIL according to the dems here lol

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I look at this as bad for the Democrats. Kerry was has been behind Sharpton in some polls and Edwards was a long shot up until a few days ago and they come out on top? Not a decisive victory for the dems by any means.

Does Kerry have any money left, btw?

And, all the backing Dean got didn't help much today. Harkin looks like a fool! Gore? Carter?

This just proves that - for better or for worse - the people like their president (Bush)

Since were in the 'pit....Colonel, who's laughing now??

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Oh no, I don't think this is bad news for the democrats. I think it's good news. Like RANT said, if Edwards can do well or win in NH, that means they go on to S.C. where he's sure to win.

With Edwards, a southerner, someone who's run a positive campaign, as nominiee the Dems will have a much better chance in the South. I don't think Dean would have had much pull there. Kerry probably won't either, but who knows.

Fact is, I'm glad Dean got trounced. It shows Democrats want someone who can win, and not someone who "sounds nice". Well at least Democrats in Iowa...

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
that's another way to look at it, flinx

And, I like Edwards the best out the field. Kerry is ok too. Edwards has been a gentleman from day one (and, a positive one, as you said). Dean is just an angry hot head - I don't think that'll work, not in getting the nomination or the grand prize, and it didn't work today.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
We shall see whether or not Dean's home state being next to Hew Hampshire makes any difference. I hope not.

[Edited on 1/19/2004 by Flinx]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Kerry is revitalized going into New Hampsire, but he's got one big thing going for him and one big thing against him right now...and both are Ted Kennedy.

Kerry's still a distant third in NH behind Dean and Clark. Edwards is fourth. NH has a historical inferiorty complex to Iowa and loves to do the opposite. That's either good for Dean or Clark (maybe Edwards).

What stands out is Clark needs to win NH or give up. It's less a two man race between Dean/Clark to win as it is for survival. One will be sharing a cab with Lieberman to the airport.

[Edited on 19-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
least now we wont have to worry about Gebhardt turning our republic into a dictatorship by 'doing executive orders to undo the supreme court' when he sees fit.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
least now we wont have to worry about Gebhardt turning our republic into a dictatorship by 'doing executive orders to undo the supreme court' when he sees fit.

Wow, I can't believe the media ignored that. "When [sic] I'm president, we'll do executive orders to overcome any wrong thing the Supreme Court does tomorrow or any other day." That's like Bill O'Reilly's wet dream. Replace the supreme court's decisions with a popular vote on issues. (I know Dick and Bill's "right thing" aren't the same though.)

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
of course they ignored it, they're bias and always give the dems a pass. Different story if you're a republican though. But, yes, Gebhardt would have ignored the judicial branch of our government! So, by him losing today democracy is a little safer.

join