It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Hayden's Remarks at CFR 9-7-07

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
In a rare and open forum, The head of the CIA General Hayden spoke in a well versed and eloquent manner addressing some of the critical points on counter terrorism and the on going fight after 911. Much has changed since the cold war and the tactics that terrorists use are much more dangerous than ever before. An interesting and enlightening speech from a man that seldom comes out publicly to address the Republic that he strives diligently to protect. I urge you to read this in it's entirety as we have never before been in a more vulnerable position globally as we are now. One more point I found interesting was that General Hayden addressed the CFR in full Military uniform, quite unexpected and a strong message to be diligent and aware in my opinion.

www.cia.gov...

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Thankyou to the 15 that have viewed this thread, I would love to hear what some of you have thought about what the General had to say before the CFR? It seemed as if he was asking for a broader net for catching terrorists that threaten our sovernty. What could that include? And did it have anything to do with the need for more collaboration world wide? He spoke about the need for more respect from the media in maintaining secrecy so as to not create leaks that would jeopardise the mission and put the operatives in harms way. Could the media be any more controlled than they already are? Or was he speaking of our allies media becoming more collaborative and centralized with ours?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Interesting how not one person has bothered to comment. Are you afraid or the reprisal? Do you have an oppinion? Am I the ultimate thread killer?

new topics

join