It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Kerry Leads in Iowa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
DES MOINES: CNN and the Washington Post are projecting the win of Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts in tonight's Iowa caucuses with 77 percent of the precincts reporting in. Howard Dean, everyone's front-runner until the recent dead-heat convergence, is running a surprised third-place at this moment. This evening's results will set the tone for next week's primary in New Hampshire and seven contests coming up on February 3.

www.CNN.com www.WashingtonPost.com "With 67 percent of the precincts reporting, Kerry stood at 38 percent. Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina had 33 percent and Dean had 18 percent. Rep. Dick Gephardt of Missouri was trailing with 10 percent. " Shake and bake in Iowa! [Edited on 19-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
WOW! Thought Gebhardt would have done better (not to mention Dean)

Kerry's campaign really did a 180 and Edwards was a long shot just a few months ago!

How exciting! And, NH is usually thought to be the unpredictable race!

[Edited on 19-1-2004 by Bob88]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Thanks.

[Edited on 19-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yeah, changed the initial post... local news here made, then corrected the second-place projection for Dean.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Gephardt just dropped out!!! Officially.

He's speaking at 10:30 eastern.

From Missouri?

[Edited on 19-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It's official, Kerry won.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
87% of precincts reporting 39% Kerry 32% Edwards 18% Dean 11% Gephardt

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Wow. I really thought Dean would fare better!
I wonder how Kerry will do head to head with Dubya. This could get interesting.

-B.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
Wow. I really thought Dean would fare better!
I wonder how Kerry will do head to head with Dubya. This could get interesting.

-B.

I think they should debate on the deck of the USS Lincoln aircraft carrier. A naval officer with a Silver Star, a Bronze Star and three Purple hearts beats a President's son with a silver spoon anyday.

Kerry tonight: If George Bush wants to make National Security the thrust of his re-election campaign, BRING IT ON!

But keep in mind, Rove/Bush made ex-pow McCain look like a communist sympathiser and traitor, so who knows.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Kerry against Bush could be interesting.
Kerry voted to authorize the use of force against Iraq. Kerry agrees on some of the Bush tax cuts.
They are both Skull and Bones

Where's the big difference? Voter apathy might prevail and Bush will be win reelection, which is after all a 'referendum on the incumbent' - 'why switch' is what I bet a lot of people will think when they vote.

Throw Nader in the mix and the anti-war types, though a small percentage, will take votes away from Kerry.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I don't like Kerry he flip flops--how can you vote for the war and against the $87 million? He voted for the patriot act then he blast Ashcroft in his victory speech and has the nerve to bring up King like he's for civil liberties. One thing I love about Kerry...exposing the CIA for introducing crack into the black community. hmmm...something to really think about. They should most def bring up those hearings when they get to SC it could put him over the top. Oh and he's anti-capital punishment. I don't think we've ever had a president that didn't support murder.

Had to feel bad for Gephardt...he looked so sad. I couldn't watch it.

top topics

join