It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who does your conspiricy hurt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
A recent event that happened to me has Made me think of something I never thought of before and all new members may want to take into consideration.

I will explain the situation but I will not use the other members name because I respect him and his opinion very much. The situation was this. I saw a discussion that interested me so I jumped in.

the discussion had been brought up that no rescuers were shot at or had any kind of violence attempted against them during the Katrina rescue operation. I know this to be false and I told the other member this. Now bare in mind the original post didn't even have anything to do with Katrina so neither one of us should have been talking about Katrina. That being said you can guess what happen next. Most people with any type of conspiracy theories feel very strongly about them, so they will fight to prove it right. about almost any other subject I would have let it go but having friends and ex colleagues that helped in the rescue operations it is a near and dear subject to me. I felt that this other member had insulted these rescuers by calling them liar's. Remember the key words are I FELT. can also be translated as I THOUGHT. Now that I've had time to cool off and regroup I relies I was reacting on a emotional level not a logical level. He didn't know any of the volunteers like I do he was simply pushing his theory. My point is this.
Think about who your post effects before you post. in this case that particular theory really hurts those that were there. As conspiracy theorist we seldom give thought to whom our theories may hurt. Some hurt nobody some hurt a select group and some hurt every body. Keep that in consideration before pushing your theory

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I cant believe after all this time I didn't receive one single comment on this thread. Can it really be true that people think there conspiracy theories cant hurt any one. come on nobody is that gullible. Are They?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Can't believe nobody replied to this... well, I guess this post changes that but yeah. You make a good point. I find often people pushing any particular idea, be it a conspiracy theory or any other type of theory, are more concerned with expressing the idea itself and making a point, getting their beliefs across. Strong convictions whether right or wrong can tend to make even the most mild mannered person a bit insensitive to anybody that doesn't hold the same belief.

It's just generally a good idea to think about how any post will come across before posting it, whether pushing a theory or not.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
probably people just don't see a need to hurt you by saying, "yeah but hurting someone is hardly a big factor".

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
well if someones opinion hurts yours or vice versa you should question yourself as to why it does...everyones going to get hurt by peoples opinion in life..that includes conspiracies,if i believe them and have good evidence to back them up i have no problem telling something even if it hurts them...if they are engaged in the discusson obviously...

new topics

top topics

join