It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE OMINOUS PARALLELS : NAZISM AND THE EU

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The EU War Baby

Back in 1942, a book called "The European Community" was published. Its principal author, a Doctor of Economics, had argued in 1940 for a "Central European Union" and "European Economic Area" and for fixed exchange rates - EMU in all but name. In this book, he wrote that "No nation in Europe can achieve on its own the highest level of economic freedom which is compatible with all social requirements...The formation of very large economic areas follows a natural law of development....interstate agreements in Europe will control [economic forces generally]...There must be a readiness to subordinate one's own interests in certain cases to those of [the EC]."

One of his co-authors wrote that the "classic national economy..is dead...community of fate which is the European economy...fate and extent of European co-operation depends on a new unity economic plan". Another observed that "We have a real European Community task before us...I am convinced that this Community effort will last beyond the end of the war."

The last three words explain things. The principal author was Nazi Economics Minister and war criminal Walther Funk. The other two were respectively Nazi academic Heinrich Hunke and official Gustav Koenig. Nor were they just eccentrics. Goering's orders in 1940 were followed by a project for the "large-scale economic unification of Europe" Goebbels, in the same year, compared Germany's road to unification in the nineteenth century with Europe's in the twentieth, believing that "in fifty years' time [people] no longer think in terms of countries."
propagandamatrix.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Almost everybody in the EU know that the United Europe is a nazi trick. Hitler tryed to unified europe, unlike Napoleon tryed.

Only tyrans tryed to unified the europeans under one flag, one gov, one constitution.That's why I'm so skeptic about the EU and don't like it !

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 11:47 AM
link   
You got to think about positive sides U.P.

For example you don't need a visa to travel. I can pack my stuff jump on a plane and fly where ever i want, amsterdam, paris etc... anywhere!

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Bleh...

Hitler learned his greatest tricks from the American media...

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Tyler, may be 1 or 2% of the Europeans will have to go to another EU country. I don't speak for those who take their hollidays outside from their own country. Common peoples don't care if they have to ask for a visa.

No, really, I don't like this idea. A EU flag with a Eu constitution.....beeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrk ! I'm sick of this idea ! I hate it !

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The Bandit795, If anything its the other way around.

The EU sounds like the NWO.The more I read about Europe the less free it sounds to me.One government,one flag,one economy,yikes.

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 12:52 PM
link   
They're just doing the same thing the U.S. was doing 225 years ago...

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 12:56 PM
link   
But are the European countries free of one another.Each state has its own laws,leaders,economy etc.

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Each European country does have it's own laws, leaders, economy etc...

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I know they each country has its own leader.But by the sounds of it they don't govern themselves .It seems like the EU is going to goverend by one group or person,and all the countries will have to do what is dictated to them.

This is a quote from another article.

Britain's right to protect itself has been steadily eroded. We can still block decisions in a few areas but even these are under threat. In most cases, Britain can be outvoted by other EU countries. (1) The House of Commons is then compelled to put the EU's decision into law.

It is not just that Britain often loses to the other EU countries. We also have to fight the bureaucrats who work for the EU institutions: the Commission, Council, Court and Parliament. They are committed to building a single government for Europe, giving them increasing power over us. They approach every problem with this goal in mind.
www.truthwars.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 04:35 PM
link   
They do govern themselvs, all laws and regulations are made by the country itself. Believe me, I lived there.
International laws are made in agreement between the countries... Just as everywhere else...

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 09:21 PM
link   
European countries are almost all multinational. Definition country=nation is purely artificial result of historical agreements, wars. Most of them are unified on the level of one language, government and economy only but no culture. And there are a lot of hidden conflicts. EU level of uniformity plus internet with English as a language of communication may eventually reverse effect of old borders definition. Paradox but it is maybe a chance.Good law, government under control, fair economy, real money.

Do you like borders, any administrative borders?

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kronos

1) European countries are almost all multinational. Definition country=nation is purely artificial result of historical agreements, wars. Most of them are unified on the level of one language, government and economy only but no culture.

2) Paradox but it is maybe a chance.Good law, government under control, fair economy, real money.

3) Do you like borders, any administrative borders?

1) It's the same thing for all the nations in the whole world.

2) A chance ? A CHANCE ????? For who ??? And what do you mean by " gov under control " ?

3) When you don't have any borders anymore, you are not a nation anymore ! You are NOTHING !

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
(---)

2) A chance ? A CHANCE ????? For who ??? And what do you mean by " gov under control " ?

3) When you don't have any borders anymore, you are not a nation anymore ! You are NOTHING !

WHAT YOU MEAN? Are you SOMEONE with those borders we have today? Those are your landlord borders not yours!!!

Please U-P explain� for what you need all that kind borders? Do you think that it is any kind of protection, isolation?

The CHANCE :

1. All damn borders off
2. Strong local government (you know who is who)
3. Federation of local communities
4. Global federation for global responsibility (environment, security, fair trade, planetary level law)

posted on Dec, 5 2002 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I don;t think there'll be a united europe for a good while yet, if at all. The french don't want to give up their language, the brits don;t want to lose the pound and right to govern themselves. The germans, french and italians are all being choked by the economic policy they set up to harmonise all the countries in the EU whilst the smaller countries have met their targets - consequently, the EU have voted to extend the period of harmonisation to 2006 though it realistically looks at being 2010+, which has annoyed the other countries and shows the EU to be controlled by two or three big countries and not by all.

There are concerns from many countries about expanding the EU to a number of former Eastern Block countries and the tide of 'economic migrants' that will almost certainly follow.

Germany and France are opposed to War in Iraq, UK will go in with US - others are too insignificant so that when they complain it will be ignored.

These and many other differences will ensure an non-unified europe for decades(centuries?) to come.

To me, its a nice idea on paper, which is where it should stay. Our differences make us who we are and the amount of bureacracy and fraud generated is unprecedented. Might as well p|ss money into a hole really or use the money saved and invest in their own countries and a world fund for countries with difficulties.

posted on Dec, 14 2002 @ 11:17 AM
link   
exactly right, the european nations have to strong of a national identity to unite under one flag. one of the only reasons that they are joining the eu is to be able to provide a balance to the american superpower. european nations are too nationalistic to join together. each country, regardless of language has a long history and somewhere along the line got into a fight with most of the others. this has led to a distrust and xenophobia of other european nations among the common people of europe.

XAOS

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 10:31 AM
link   
the 'unification' you discuss is not the aim of the EU, and as such i don't see what you're discussing. the EU was established to bring stability to europe, principally to bring political, economic and military stability to germany, france and italy. since then it expanded to include britain, etc. the aim is not to create a unified nation like the US, but simply to bring stability in areas which are universal:
economic terms
human rights
military/security issues

- qo.

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I don't see why europe have to nified under 1 flag, 1 gov, 1 constitution. Each european country ALREADY have a flag, a gov and a consitution !!!

Otherwise, we can unified all the asiatics nations under 1 gov, 1 flag, 1 constitution. Do you think that you can do it with 1.3 billions chineses , 180 millions japaneses, 150 millions vietnameses and 125 millions Koreans ?

The same with the blacks Africans nations and the north-africans muslims nations ! It's crazy !!!

One gov in europe ? The germans will vote for a german, the frenchies for a frenchie, the spanishs for a spanish ! I don't want to have to obey to a German or a French !!!

In Asia ? The chinese will vote for a chinese and the japanese for the japaneses. And of course, there is more Chineses peoples, so, their President will be a Chineses and the Japaneses will be all screwed. The same in Europe. Little nations will be all screwed.

posted on Jan, 11 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It is my feeling that all nations need borders, every nation must know the extent of its jurisdiction, whether it is the only nation, or one of a million.

As for this "EU", because of the national identity of a few nations in europe (Spain, England, Belgium a few others) Europe will not unite in liberty, but in tyranny. And I do think it will Unite, under a German flag, using the hopeful French as pawns.

The French will set up the deal but German invilids can run circles around the smartest french for decades before they tire, and Germany will hold all the cards in the EU before its through.

If there is one nation that is a firecracker, it would be Germany, it has no national identity as it did just 50 years ago, all it'll take is a spark and it's fires will be forging the weapons of war once more. I think France will start that fire though, thinking that the EU will be its strongest choice (If I'm not mistaken France is a powerhouse supporter of the EU?).

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Yes FreeMason. Many peoples think that we'll have a new war in Europe. But it will be an ethnical and religious war ( like Kosovo ).

Not a war like the WW1 & 2 wars.

<<   2 >>

join