It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC 75: Champion vs. Champion ##SPOILERS##

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Tonight is the big night.

What are your thoughts on tonights line up?

Rampage vs. Henderson? I honestly can't see either of them losing, but somebody is going to. Either way, I think we're going to see one helluva battle.

The undercard is very strong, as it usually is, and we've got the headliner of all headliners. Next to the Ice Man vs. Silva, this is one fight that I've anxiously been waiting for, for quite some time.

Big ups to Dana White and all of the UFC for constantly giving back to the fans as well. Another pay per view that could of brought in big bucks being given for free. These guys are rich and they are only going to get richer. But they've yet to lose sight to why they are going where they are, and they've kept the fans happy.

Looking forward to tonight.

Mod Edit: Title.

[edit on 8/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Year of the upset, that's for sure.

Nobody can decide who to put their money on, but I'd guess that Hendo is the favorite. Though it's a title fight both keep their belts in the respected Conference (Pride (Japan), or UFC). As you know Jackson/UFC, Henderson/PRIDE.

Bear in mind that in the U.S. there will be a one-hour tape delay - you won't be seeing the live event, which is in London, unless you're across the pond. Not sure for Canada.

Nice to have it broadcast on regular TV.

Definitely going to be stuff yourself until you are sick of it MMA day, on Spike TV

6 pm - Countdown to 75 - bios and pre-game show.
7-9 pm - Reruns of recent UFCs
9-12:30 am - UFC 75 Champ v Champ.

Obviously, besides the UG, here's the place to go for pics and bios right now:

- Official Site - UFC-75

[edit on 8-9-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The Event is Over!

Spoiler Space:
Second warning. If you have not seen the fight and don't wish to know the results, stop here and return to teletubbies.com.

..Forgive any typos as I type without looking..
Hendo v Rampage:
1. Great first round several reversals Hendo is significantly smaller and thinner than the muscled up Jackson. Neither one of them seem to be (material omitted).

2 . Both look slightly winded, Hendo dominated R-1, and he'd dominating R-2, getting the cucifix position from top and except for one brilliant reversal by Rampage, It's all Hendo on top, passed the guard easily, side control.

WOW, another brilliant rev. and stand up by Rampage. Both breathing hard, up against the fence.

Nice TD by Rampage and a reversal. Now he's got H in his crucifix, but H is too good to stay trapped in it for long. Even with one takedown, H manages to reverse it right before the bell, kicking Rampage across to the center of the ring and the bell rings.

3. Bell rings and both look fresh.
Stand up with both in the center of the ring.

**durn, Big John looks Buff!**
Big John has cheekbones and looks dangerous. Go John! LOL

3:50, R-3 and Heno is ROCKED. He staggers back and manages to survive to get the clinch then R takes him down and he's on top in side control.

Once again, H tends to tie up R and lock down his left shoulder preventing much of an offense.

Hendo goes for the kimura...2:18 to go.

Jackson defends and finally pulls his arm free

Hendo turns in and goes for the left arm again. J can esaily defend,

OH NO, Hendo gets it and rolls Rampage BRILLIANT.

Hendo on top in half-guard working for position.

One min left in R-3, H on top, lands a few token blows.

Up against the fence. If Hendo keeps control, he's got R-3

Hendo almost takes J's back.

Wow nice action at the end of the round, J fights to his feet and Hendo gets in a knee, then a great uppercut.

Both guys look fine, no cuts. Jackson is sweating heavily waiting for the bell.

R-4
Circling in the center of the ring. Good hook by H and a better overhand by Jackson.

H almost gets an armbar, Rampage, out, scrambles, He gets another arm bar. We're almost in the Jackson Slam Zone, but R switches out.

R on top, hendo with a Kimura, but he lets it go.

I have to give this round to Jackson. He's landed the more solid punches.

Hendo too wily to give Jackson anything from the ground, and effectively ties him up from the bottom.

Big John stands them up with 1 min to go

Hendo was essentially resting, totally safe.

Hendo tries a spinning kick LOLZ!!

JACKSON LANDS SOLID.

Hendo shakes it off.

10 second bell

Slight edge to Rampage.

I have it R-1, 2, 3 to Hendo; R-4 to Rampage.

Nice Replay. Can't tell what the announcers are saying.

R-5 starts with a slug fest. Both guys landed, but Rampage more solid.

Hendo is impressive in just shrugging these off. He's the Terminator or something. Someone x-ray this guy's skeleton.

Rampage ahead.

On the fence Hendo just stalling working for a takedown high hip..

Elbow and hook to Rampage's head.

H shrugs it off.

He Can't Hurt Hendo!

Hendo gets in a good flurry and takes rampage down, he's mauling him with G&P. Hendo ahead If he keeps thi up he's got round 5 and a clear win.

One minute left.

Hendo lands more elbows.

Rampage can only absorb.

Rampage almost gets up

Hendo stays with him almost has Jackson's back in Marcel Garcia bookbag wrap, but he gets out.

Hendo down, he scrambles.

HENDO ROCKED, ALMOST OUT.

He survives.

Round five to Jackson for the near TKO?

I say three rounds Hendo, Two -very solid- rounds to Jackson, but could go the other way.

Rampage thinks he won. Hendo seems to give it to Jackson, too...just looked like he's saying 'you won, bro'.

Hendo has some clear facial swellings, both sides. Jackson is largely unmarked and seems energetic and fresh at the end.

Jackson walks back to his corner, arms raised, confident. He should be he really rocked Hendo.

Just amazing that a much smaller guy can hang with Jackson. If I were Jackson, I'd be asking for Hendo's autograph.

48-47; 49-46; 49-46 Unanimous for Rampage. Nice fight! (At least Cecil didn't vote like a 'tard this time).

[edit on 8-9-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Grrrrr...

The Bipsing vs Hamill decision was a joke... Bisping was totally pwned by Hamill.

Watching Mirko Cro Cop get dominated again was quite the indictment of Pride.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Grrrrr...

The Bipsing vs Hamill decision was a joke... Bisping was totally pwned by Hamill.

I had to force myself to watch the Rampage/Henderson match after hearing those results. What a damn joke. Hamill owned him that whole match. Dragging him down to the mats at will. Then Bipsing has the gall to say that he out boxed him?

I honestly can not believe they gave him the split decision. I thought it was a no brainer, unanimous decision for Hamill.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Yeah, it's all over the UG. 95-98% of the fighters and blue namers have gone on record to say that Hamill walked all over Bisping.

Of course they'll have to be a rematch and this time Matt won't be so nice,

If anyone wants more recaps, let me know, but I figured Rampage-Kongo would be the main request.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Bisping was treated like royalty on the way to the octagon before the match. When the results were announced, he was booed endlessly. The hometown boy was booed.

Can you imagine Jeter being booed at Yankee Stadium? Brett Favre being booed at Lambeau? Doesn't happen. The fact that a home town crowd booed the home town boy, after hearing that he won his fight, speaks pretty loudly.

I'm glad to hear that at least one of the judges was watching the same fight as I was. He had scored it 30-27 Hamill.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The bottom line...

Bisping is a no class punk who got worked in the ring. Yes, a rematch will be in the cards, but I don't think the UFC needs "WWE style" drama.

My two bananas.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
OK, though I didn't like Bisping's antics, I'd like to respectfully suggest that if you're not a fighter, you have NO right to talk about a fighter like that.

All top MMA fighters deserve a certain default respect. One should not talk smack about fighters, I don't care who you think you are, unless you do it to their face.

Criticize their performance, sure, call them a 'can', but this goes too far .

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

No, he doesn't deserve any "default respect" and yes... He's still a punk. I'd suggest some introspection, and a review of Hamill's post fight comments. He knew he'd been screwed, and he took it like a man... My hat is off to him.

And yes, I would tell Bisping to his face that he acted like a punk.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Grrrrr...

I couldn't agree more. Bipsing got beat up for three rounds. He thought this fight was going to be a push over, dancing his way into ring.

I'm also upset that Joe Rogan had nothing to say about a obvious questionable decision.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by testrat

Joe is just a mouthpiece for the UFC... He has to put on the face for the brand. Let this happen a few more times though and the natives will get restless. MMA (with the UFC in the lead) is streaking past almost all other sports in popularity, but it won't take much to derail it... A couple of high profile questionable decisions and they're just a brutal form of the WWE.

Wake up Dana, it's too early for Rome to burn.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
1)
Houston Alexander is REALLY impressive. I mean, I can see sneaking up on Jardine...but he MAULED Sakara.

2)
How tough is Marcus Davis? Damn. Coming back from an absolute beating and then outthinking his opponent to win.

3)
The Bisping decision was a joke. He should have bowed his head and walked out of the ring if he had any integrity. Instead, flexing with "Who's the real ultimate fighter!?!!" Are you serious? Hamill handled that with such dignity and grace. I'm a fan now.

4)
Cro Cop looks done. I couldn't help but think he didn't even see Kongo in front of him...he just saw Gonzaga and the ghosts of a kick to the melon that knocked the mean right out him.

5)
Rampage is real, isn't he? Grappling around with Hendersen as much as he did...if you would have told me those two guys would spend that much time locked up, no way I wouldn't have put money on Hendo.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
my thoughts are it sucked....
bisping is a good fighter but hamill tooled him....he was ripped off for sure...

houstan alexander is one to watch....

my big gripe of the night is how people still still strictly focus on the stand up game.....we all saw kongo just wrecking cro cop at his own game....there was one instance though where kongo literally fell right into mirko's open guard and mirko had a triangle and he did not clinch it.

cro cop is a one trick pony....he could have and should have won the fight there.....

i'm just tired of hearing about cro cop...we all remember him LITERALLY running away from fedor when fedor pwned him..
he's has his top shelf k-1 clock cleaned a couple times now by grapplers(randleman and gonzaga)....so i ask, what the hell is so special about him?

anyone that knows anything about grappling knows that this was a primo spot for cro cop to work him..too bad he don't have a ground game

still waiting for fedor to sign and come in and clean house...

they could use josh barnett too.

edit* look at the gif...this almost makes me think the fight was a work...i mean, all cro cop had to do was LITERALLY pull his right leg down to tighten it up and the triangle would have been locked....kongo was already in it...look at kongo's right arm...cro cop's legs are already in place and he did NOTHING....

[edit on 14-9-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Nice graphic and I hear ya. I was frustrated watching that too.

BUT, if you look at the .gif, K's making the classic defense of the triangle. You push into your opponent and try to make his knee touch his forehead, curling him into a letter 'c', your body weight over him.

That stuffs the triangle (on some people) and keeps them from extending.

However had Cro rotated, so that he was closer to 80-90 degrees to Kongo's body then he'd have had the leverage.

Too often peeps try to get the Tri straight on and it doesn't work. Oppeonent's shoulders are too square and he can resist.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

he could have or should have locked that thing in as soon as they hit....he don't have game on the ground....he could have got it from that position..

cro cop could have clinched it and then kongo could slam him rampage style and cro cop could still hold the triangle....

sakuraba did it to rampage 3 times.

edit* one more for ya

[edit on 14-9-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

How do you make those, do you know? Is that a .gif program that splits a vid into frames? Works pretty well.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
various gif programs.....i don't make em all.

free gif animator
ulead animator

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Essedarius

yea,rampage is real! i think it's going to be hard taking the belt from him,he's still young.. and STRONG so i lean in his favor on all up comming matches.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

At this point I think Rampage's best attribute is his laid back fighter's attitude.

It's perfect. Not too blase, like Fedor sometimes seems to be, but never really threatened or too excited by a pending fight.

I've always thought one reason Chuck was so quiet was that getting the right attitude was not that easy for him. (though, obviously he did something right).

But in the end if you can avoid wasting any energy outside the fight, that's got to be an advantage.

Just a thought.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join