It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Rushing S-400 Missile Systems To Iran??...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Ridicule the Sunburn against the US technology all you want but its a know fact that the suburn missiles are know to be aircraft carrier destroyers. something the US would not want to test out........or would they to justify an attack!

I have to agree with you there. I see a major threat in Sunburn. Phalanx/RAM combo is a joke. What’s needed is a dedicated, grown up system capable of covering a large air space.

We have this ignorant belief that because we are the US we MUST have the most advanced technology, do recall that the Russians did build at the height of the cold war 5 times the number of nuclear warheads that we ever did...

Glad to see other people catching on to this. Some time ago I posted about all this on ATS only to get blasted by the usual “we’re unbeatable” state of denial.

It tells me we are putting up ALOT of assetts in theature and really our Aircraft carriers are only political time bombs waiting to happen. Their obsolete and the Navy echelons KNOW IT, but their funding would be trashed if the stopped promoting the carriers..

I have to disagree with you there. Yes, currently carriers are political time bombs, but they are far from being obsolete.

The problem is that US NAVY is still perusing Cold War era tactics, even with its NetCentric concept.

This is EXACTLY where S-400 comes into play, because it allows for very effective defense of coastal air space, thus forcing a much greater degree of complexity on carrier run operations.

More area to cover means everything slows down, and that’s where supersonic anti-ship missiles really take a heavy toll.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Malichai

America has to get lucky every time. Iran only has to get lucky once, whats the crew compliment of a Nimitz class Carrier ?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
How is this different from NATO rushing a missile shield to Poland years ago?

edit on 26-3-2014 by kathat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Pellevoisin

I suppose if Iraq and Afghanistan were about the USA testing out new systems then your analysis of the Russian situation with regard to Iran may well be spot on.

I also think that the US Americans and the Russian people are not buying into the big Muslim Enemy as the backroom boys had intended, so a return to the great Russian menace or the great American menace will help propel forward the military-industrial complexes in both nations.

How soon before both the USA and Russia switch to the "big Alien Enemy?"

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

WCmutant

Pellevoisin

I suppose if Iraq and Afghanistan were about the USA testing out new systems then your analysis of the Russian situation with regard to Iran may well be spot on.

I also think that the US Americans and the Russian people are not buying into the big Muslim Enemy as the backroom boys had intended, so a return to the great Russian menace or the great American menace will help propel forward the military-industrial complexes in both nations.

How soon before both the USA and Russia switch to the "big Alien Enemy?"

Yeah I have been waiting on this play for years now.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I believe that if Iran gets a clear and ongoing supply of S-400 systems then that theater is pretty much closed to the United States. Game, Set and Match on the spot for where we sit and the strength we have right now, IMO.

The problem is...The US banked on gizmos and not a whole lot of them. We feel, like a family member, the loss of every high tech airframe because they are that valuable. Almost too much to risk in something as dangerous as war, for the real irony that holds.

The S-400 is one mother of a system in fixed and combined arrangements to form the AA batteries which the Russians favor so strongly. It's compared to as equivilent (and superior in some key ways) to the PAC-III Patriot system. That's not what I think it's greatest strength is though, and it's greatest menace to our side.

If it's NOT being used in the star AA batterys that almost look like clip art dropped in the satellite photo landscape for how obvious they are....they are nasty buggers. The tubes are sealed and 0 maintenance for those 3rd world preventative maintenance schedules. Targeting and control is simplified for training to a wide range of people. (KISS to be Idiot Proof would be another way of putting it)... and it's MOST interesting feature? It can go from driving on down the road to setting parking brakes.......then about 5 minutes to be capable of tracking and firing on aircraft. 5 minutes after that, it can be stowed again and releasing brakes to head off to another spot at highway speed.

The Russian way. Idiot proof in function with numbers to make-up any other shortfalls in the end....and it'd be a game changer in deployable quantity in Iran, in my personal opinion.

Almaz-Antey S-400 Triumf

S-300P/S-400/S-500 Air Defence System Vehicles

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Iran already have these in country. It is never reported by western media because the US goverment dont want ordinary americans to know they cannot attack iran because of these defenses which is impossible to penetrate using the supposedly stealth aircrafts..

Iran if they want can easily destroy US economy by conducting another tanker wars , which is what they will be doing right away if US tried to attack.

what will happen to america if oil price rised to hilarious levels ? the american public will demand their goverment to quit screwing around attacking iran so they can return back to their luxurious and ignorant lives.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: milomilo
Iran already have these in country. It is never reported by western media because the US goverment dont want ordinary americans to know they cannot attack iran because of these defenses which is impossible to penetrate using the supposedly stealth aircrafts..

Iran if they want can easily destroy US economy by conducting another tanker wars , which is what they will be doing right away if US tried to attack.

what will happen to america if oil price rised to hilarious levels ? the american public will demand their goverment to quit screwing around attacking iran so they can return back to their luxurious and ignorant lives.

If stealth craft were so easy to take down we'd see it happening more often in theaters of war. How many times over the past few years has Israel violated Syrian airspace without consequence? If it was that easy Iran and Russia would be supplying that technology to Syria in a heartbeat. That said, perhaps there is some kernel of truth in that Syria still stands after years of covert and overt actions against Assad.

It makes me wonder if the only reason Syria stand today is because of the sale of S-300's awhile back.

The Syrian president, Bashar al-Assad, has said Russian anti-aircraft missiles have arrived in Syria, Lebanese TV has reported – a claim likely to dramatically increase tensions in the region and which could provoke the Israelis to launch a strike against the weapons.

www.theguardian.com...

It would at least explain why Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, etc were so easy by comparison. Not to say the west didn't find itself in a quagmire in most situations but the end result was always a toppled regime. I'd be curious to know whether or not these are operable in Syria and if that explains why there hasn't been such a huge push for an invasion of Syria. God knows the west hasn't marched forward simply because of morality issues...
edit on 14-7-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: XR500Final

If I had to hazard a guess as to what this thing is, I would say it is FECES! Nothing but pure FECES being flung into people's minds to scare them into donating their children to die for Israel.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
the so called Stealth as Silver Bullet already have it's premier in Gulf war 1991 , and today every modern RADAR cannot be fooled by fighter sized LO shaping , thus there wont be any easy lunch / milk run anymore for so called 'stealh' because these new radar and missiles will destroy them just as easy as ordinary target.

that's why the B2 still practice penetration with combination of LO Shaping and Low Altitude NOE , though it wont have sufficient means to escape once it is detected and intercepted with supersonic fighters.

the future of Air Combat will be in ECM , not Stealth.. That's why the US Navy invested wisely in F18 Growler as their new premier ECM platform to replace the old ancient prowler.

THEN WHY RUSSIA AND CHINA CREATED THEIR OWN STEALTH / LO FIGHTERS IF STEALTH DIDNT WORK ?

The stealth shaping still works in reducing detection ranges in a fighter vs fighter combat. those who detect and shoot first won the fight in BVR combat. the stealth LO shaping is very effective against aircraft radar type (X-BAND) and not so effective anymore against ground radar with multiple band and bistatic radars.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join