It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Schools Vs Private Schools

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknowntoYou
Something I've noticed about schools in my area is that there is more 'school spirit' in the public schools than in the private ones. I believe that even though a public school doesn't always have the best academic classes for those who excel, it show a variety of kids at different levels. You don't always have to feel so stupid if you aren't doing too well in classes because there are hundreds of others that are the same way...unlike a private school which sometimes you are pressured to do your best ...and sometimes your best isn't enough for the teachers.

My school, which is an independent private school, has what I'd call a surplus of school spirit. In a city of 120,000 people - about 8 public schools, and a couple of Christian/Catholic schools - we dominate academically and school spiritly; and we are one of the best in athletics.

www.evansvilledayschool.org

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknowntoYou
Something I've noticed about schools in my area is that there is more 'school spirit' in the public schools than in the private ones. I believe that even though a public school doesn't always have the best academic classes for those who excel, it show a variety of kids at different levels. You don't always have to feel so stupid if you aren't doing too well in classes because there are hundreds of others that are the same way...unlike a private school which sometimes you are pressured to do your best ...and sometimes your best isn't enough for the teachers.

My school, which is an independent private school, has what I'd call a surplus of school spirit. In a city of 120,000 people - about 8 public schools, and a couple of Christian/Catholic schools - we dominate academically and school spiritly; and we are one of the best in athletics.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
My school is an independent private school. We rely on school-spirit, getting every student to a great college - Cornell, Purdue, Indiana U., Yale, Rhodes, etc. -, overall academics, and athletics to be successful. We are probably the best school in Southern Indiana; possibly in the entire state. We have a student body of about 325 people, with about 100 of 325 in the upper school (9-12th grade). It costs a lot to go here (more than many universities), but it is worth it. Here is my school's webpage. This is just to give everyone what an independent private school is like.

-edit- I didn't know that I had two already on here...sorry. -J

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by TheConservative]

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
just something i heard a while back, could be wrong though, but if you make education into a profitable business, then couldn't private schools sue public schools or some # for giving such a profitable service away for free?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join