It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Like when a skyscraper falls down"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by peabody
reply to post by kosmicjack

...Is it possible that your child is psychically sensitive or reincarnated? I guess, sure. But you might be happier, and your child might be happier, if you go with the much more likely solution that he is perhaps well advanced verbally and unusually creative...It's totally up to you, but I think this is going to be way better for your child's longterm development than any kind of "reincarnation research", hypnosis regression, etc etc etc...

Our feelings exactly. I mean reincarnation is an interesting and fanciful concept, but, in my estimation it is backward looking and not very useful or productive in living life in the here and now.

I know there are those that will say that one has to learn a specific lesson or you will just return until you get it right. But does that mean you have to try to decode the past? Or does it simply mean you just do your very best in this life you are living right now.

As a mom, that is my job. To help him do the very best in this life. All the rest is fascinating (if we assume it may be a past-life memory) but not relevant to the here and now - except possibly to take it into consideration when nurturing his emotional well-being through difficult tiimes.

As for any sort of psychic ability, I just can't see anything very useful or happy coming from that. I know, I know...people will have something to say about that. All I can say is that I will listen your ideas and opinions and consider them openly and fairly.

Thanks to everyone for their interest and replies.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Thank you. I suppose that it is very possible that he is linking one extreme event with the other and this has nothing whatsoever to do with a past life or preconscious memory. Simple as that.

But as a mom, I can't shake my feeling that there is more to it. Whether it is physical, mental or psychological - I don't know yet. Rest assured I am trying to be objective - to Deny Ignorance.

Your child is not a unique snowflake. Also, this is not reincarnation.
I can't blame you for your feelings however, as it's nothing more than human nature to hold one's child in... "higher esteem" than you would anyone else.

Psychosomatics and childhood imagination.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by forsakenwayfarer

Um...see previous post. But thanks for being a lot kinder than you were in your last post and thanks for your input!

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well, I'm definitely consulting a doctor tomorrow. He stayed in a very subdued mood all day and the tummy troubles returned in the evening, 48 hours later. Again, no fever or other symtoms.

We had two short conversations about it. In the first conversation, I once again asked him what his tummy felt like. He was pretty irritated by the question and replied in a fairly exasperated tone "It feels like one hundred twenty thousand million skyscrapers falling down!" I know...nothing like a four-year-old for drama! So I took the keen advice given by Bhadhidar and asked him "What does a s skyscraper falling down feel like?" He replied "Like a tree getting chopped down." In a tone that implied "Doesn't every one know that!?"

I left it at that and nursed him through the tummy trouble. Later I asked him if he was feeling better and he said "A little." I asked him if his tummy still hurt and he said "It feels like butterflies." Now I found this weird because to my knowledge we have never used this figure of speech with him before but I suppose he most likely heard it on a kids t.v. program as it is not too unusual.

So there you have it. We will go to the doctor tomorrow and see what the rest of the week brings.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
In recounting the conversation I almost forgot the most interesting detail. After the tree comment I asked him what he thought a skycraper falling down might be like. He was quiet for a moment and the he said "Well, it sounds like kersplat, kersplat, BOOM!. I had not asked him how it sounded but what it might be like. I thought this was very intriguing

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

In recounting the conversation I almost forgot the most interesting detail. After the tree comment I asked him what he thought a skycraper falling down might be like. He was quiet for a moment and the he said "Well, it sounds like kersplat, kersplat, BOOM!. I had not asked him how it sounded but what it might be like. I thought this was very intriguing

Ask him WHERE has he seen a skyscraper before, act like your interested in a fun way, you know the same way you would ask, where did you see that toy your talking about.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
Maybe he's been reincarnated from someone who was in one of the towers when they collapsed. I.E, Bad feeling in the belly being similar to the feeling of falling. Just throwing that out there, I have no particular belief in reincarnation.

wow, you just totally mind-f'd me. That didnt even cross my mind. I personally am a believer in past lives.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I hate to say I told you so, but you really should have taken the poor kid to the doctor in the first place...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
forsakenwayfarer,

How can you make the statement that this isn't a past life experience? Do you really know?

I don't know myself, I'm not the kid. Are you the kid?

I can only guess that this could be past life.

Troy

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   

FYI

Doctors can't do too much for stomach troubles, especially with no fever. If you personally went to the doctor with the same symptoms you would be told to watch what you eat, relax and take some over the counter meds. Rest assured he is being closely and lovingly monitored.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Hi karmicjack (et al):

I strongly suggest that you get yourself a copy of Children's Past Lives by Carol Bowman. I have been doing reincarnation research and interacting on the online reincarnation community for seven years, and this is the best book ever for parents who are dealing with their kids remembering past lives, or who think they might be. Lots of testimonials, lots of case studies, lots of research, guidelines on how to tell the difference between past-life memory and fantasizing, etc. Good luck and blessings to your son.

Warmly,
Karen

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Karmicjack, you wrote:

"Our feelings exactly. I mean reincarnation is an interesting and fanciful concept, but, in my estimation it is backward looking and not very useful or productive in living life in the here and now. "

You'd be surprised. Facing my past life issues (I'm one of the lucky ones who has had clear and verifiable memories) has helped my current life very much. I have even carried forward a number of my past skills and talents. Why am I sure it is reincarnation in my case? The easiest thing I can point out is that I and a number of people I knew returned looking like our former selves. I don't suggest that this is a rule of some sort, but it certainly got my attention! One resemblance is a coincidence; there are twelve so far. I say this just to show I have some good reasons to believe reincarnation is a strong possibility.

I second what KarenF wrote: Carol Bowman's work might be of help. Your child is in the age range when past life memories do show up, sometimes, very clearly. Take a look at Carol's book "Children's Past Lives."

Am I absolutely sure that past life recall is what is happening here? Of course not. But listen to your son and let him do the remembering. Children do it without much prodding, if they have it Then you decide if this may be a possibility.

Also: Visit youtube.com/farmemory (I am not doing a direct link, I'm not yet sure how the boardowner feels about links from posts) and take a look at three videos in the favorites: "The Boy Who Lived Before" and the two part "Reincarnation, Past Life Evidence." These are two of the strongest examples of small children having past life recall.

Sandra

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Follow up:

I have watched a number of children now who seem to be carrying forward past life personalities. For example: My brother reincarnated as my great-niece. My family does not believe in reincarnation, yet no one could stop saying how much she acted like him, even pulling pranks before she could even walk! She did not talk until she was nearly two; when she did, she immediately launched into full sentences. She would be frustrated that she could not do things the adults could do; she knew how, but her body would not cooperate.

I told only one of my nieces (her aunt) what I knew had happened (my brother announced in a dream that he would do this). I deliberately did not talk to the little girl about anything to do with my brother, and did not tell my niece until I was sure something was about to happen, because of the way my greatniece was watching me, like we shared a secret.

A short time later she crooked her finger at me in front of my niece, and said, "come play sister." Not sisters - sister. She then sat me down and proceeded to pretend to do all the things she "used to do for me -" mowing the lawn, fixing my car, fixing my chair...my niece said it gave her goosebumps to watch. I was able to enjoy it because I was prepared.

She went as far as saying - " when I was a little boy -" then she stopped, giggled at me about our secret, and we never talked that way again.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   

FYI

Doctors can't do too much for stomach troubles, especially with no fever. If you personally went to the doctor with the same symptoms you would be told to watch what you eat, relax and take some over the counter meds. Rest assured he is being closely and lovingly monitored.

It might not be a problem with his Stomach, per se.

Remember that a typical four (or forty!) year old often has a limited vocabulary from which to draw when describing physical sensations.

This especially true of symptoms involving the internal organs; sensory nerves are far less diffrentiated in our innards!.

I do not wish to frighten you in any way, and I offer the following personal experience by way of illustration only. That being said, your son's description of his discomfort "like a tree being chopped down" and "Kersplatt, kersplatt, BOOM!", reminded me of a problem I experienced when I was 5 years old.

I would be feeling perfectly fine one minute, playing actively as any kid, when all of a sudden I would be doubled over in stabbing agonies (sharp, cutting pains, in the "middle" of my body's trunk = "Like a tree being cut down") that would last anywhere from seconds to several minutes.

I exhibited no fever, no nausea, no other symptoms of illnes. My pediatrician was ready to diagnose me as being psychosomatic, but refered me to a internist "just in case".

It turns out that I had a tumor growing adjacent to my appendix which was causing an intermittent blockage of my bowel (Kersplatt, Kersplatt, BOOM!).

Surgery, and two weeks in the hospital, and I was fine.

Although, to this day, I still cannot stand strawberry Jell-O!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Kind of sad; lot's of mainstream science doesn't really give credibility to past lives, yet there are plenty of stories to support the possibility.

The folks who support OOBE's, past lives, ghosts, and such spiritual phenomena tend to be outside mainstream. It's allmost as if our mainstream education and other "teachers" seek to hide such things.

I've had people tell me about their past life experiences. I have no reason to feel they were lying to me.

Cool story Sandra.

Troy

[edit on 12-9-2007 by cybertroy]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
@ kosmicjack.

I've been reading through this thread and found it very interesting because I had past-life memories as a child. Well more of a past-life death memory to be exact.
Ever since I can remember I had this very unpleasant memory wich contents can not be explained in words and writing. It is something I know I didn't experience in this life, but it felt so real that I know for sure it is something that really happened to my soul.
As I got older the actual memory and feeling faded, and now I only have the memory of that memory. As a young kid I've always felt that there's much more to life than what we are thought to believe, and that feeling keeps getting stronger as I get older, and like most people on this site I'm looking for answers, only to get more questions.
I don't know if I should advice you to get to the bottom of this or to just let it go, since I don't know how it will affect your son, or if it is really a past-life experience for that matter.
I know that in retrospect, I would've liked to have talked about it when I was young, cause that might've given me more insight and a better memory of my experience.
I'm 26 now, and I just recently started to tell my experience to my parents and other people close to me, but it is very hard to put in words.

Good luck to you, your son and your family!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone for the great feedback. I'm sorry I haven't been more responsive to the thread, I have been occupied at home and work. He is once again forty-eight hours with no symtoms. His spirits have been very high the last twenty-four hours - a great improvement over the weekend. We have been giving tons of one on one attention. No other unusual comments have been made. We are just in observation mode.

The interest and imput that everyone has given has really touched our family. We will consider all of your advice and thoughts and we are grateful to you.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Hi, I have to tell you something. Your kid knows more than you. They always will. He is the next generation. I always thought my father was dumb, but i've noticed lately that younger and younger kids are doing amazing things. Trust in your child, raise him that way. You will be suprised what he becomes. Trust that he IS not will be, but IS better than you. Let him flourish. Dont say anything about what he says means to you. It's about him. Ask him about it, but dont lead him. And in the future always do this for him. The interest is already there, thats the hard part for most parents, the interest. You already want to know, make him think he is amazing and he will become it. Make him think hes different, embrace it. It will be beautiful.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
yeah that's what i thought to. it's a possibility, but it's more likely some kid at his school told him about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join