It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you no longer astral travel?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The last 2 years or so I can no longer leave my body during sleep. It used to happen so easily and I could go where ever I pleased. I haven't tried to "force" myself out yet, but was just wondering if anyone else who used to do it so easy now has trouble also. I was thinking it would be handy to explore some underground areas etc, and was wondering if some "device" of some sorts (HAARP like) is being used to prevent people from being able to "explore".

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I've heard a few folk complain they can no longer concentrate enough even to do a simple meditation. Me included. Not that I was ever any good at meditation but I do like a good day-dream but I can't even hold a though long enough to enjoy one. Too much tea methinks.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
No problems here.

I'd be careful about worrying too much about it, otherwise you run the risk of developing a mental block which will prevent you from achieving the needed level of relaxation - this may even be the problem you are having anyway.

I'm slightly curious about your 'forcing' yourself out.. I assume you mean consciously choosing to project? Or do you mean something else?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
It is possible your guids dont want you to go out of your body anymore because of... Well, that can be different for anyone...
Maybe you want to much... or,
You first have to deal with some things in ordinary life...
etc...

Sometimes I am blocked to do things in that area too because of certain reasons.

Maybe it comes back, maybe not...

Also can it be due to concentration problems indeed. When having "troubles" in normal life its normal to not able to concentrate at a level a person is used to be.
Or when asleep, your unconsiousnes is to busy with other things.

Enough possibilities of explanations

I hope it helped you answering your question.

Lunica

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I've found that the same thing has happened to me with regards to dreams, in general. I used to dream every night, and every morning, I could remember most of one of my dreams, at least. This was for most of my life. Then, for several years, I just stopped dreaming. I'd rarely dream, and I never understood why or could figure it out. They're only recently deciding to come back.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It might have something to do with the time of your life, you might be very busy, or have a few problems, so your mind is uneasy, and cannot focus enough to relax deep enough. Just a guess.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
It might have something to do with the time of your life, you might be very busy, or have a few problems, so your mind is uneasy, and cannot focus enough to relax deep enough. Just a guess.

VERY busy, you're probably right, cheers. About "forcing" myself out - basically it involves me depriving myself of sleep for over 24 hours so I'm physically exhausted and can hardly stay awake, then laying down on my back and concentrating on keeping my mind awake. Seems to work without fail, but finding 24 hours free these days just doesn't happen.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
military using a device to block this kinda things is quite plausable however they will use such protection on the "really important" bases
and i believe its other thing
i hope thats not it but people sometimes loose theyr powers?if not using them for good maybe...or they just loose them
leave that aside when i was young i was so concentrated and had such free mind now i feel like a drug addict...and i never did drugs...cant concentrate

maybe they brainwash us or found a some way to supress our powers?
maybe the water?

[edit on 9/9/07 by Unisol]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
As spiritual tension increases in the collective mind of the world, a mental barrier seperating the material(physical form, emotions, etc) from the spiritual (spirit/soul/high mind) becomes more "solid" further restricting access to the true divine abilities of a given entitiy. Well practiced individuals will still be able to access more of their power but I submit that even their influence is decreasing as the barrier thickens.

However, the tension can only get so high in the collective before it has to release. The world tries to relieve some of this tension through disasters, wars, and plagues, but each event can only relieve so much. I do believe the tension that is creating the barrier between the spiritual world and this world is reaching towards a critical mass, at which time, we will be reunited, however suddenly with a merger of the worlds.

There is no point in "acknolwdged" human history that there hasn't been a seperation. However, over the many thousands of years that have passed, the level of tension has increased dramatically. This tension enforces a greater level of seperation between our power, and our current experience.

In earlier centuries, miracles, feats of magic, and supernatural happenings were far more common, and occured on a much higher level than we can experience now. The barrier's resistance now is so solid that even the most gifted can only access relatively low level abilities in comparison.

This explains why so many have such a difficulty doing RV, AP, or even basic meditation. The disconnect between ourselves at the portion of ourselves that governs those types of things is becoming greater. The gap is expanding.

Rather than derail this topic, anyone interested in this mode of thought may u2u me.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

During the time period I had lost my dreams, that was true. Aside from having a job, I wasn't THAT busy, but I had a lot of emotional issues to deal with, plus the places I was living at the time were horrible, because I'd ended up with horrible roomies who put me through a lot of crap. So I was constantly stressed out.

Even though work is a stress right now, the rest of my life is pretty good. Maybe that is why they're starting to come back.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
There have been times when I am out there....

And when I get really far, its werid, I have no body, yet I hit a ceiling and I can feel it hit my back..

I can only explain it like those ceilings that have those boards, where if you push up on them, you can get into the ceiling where they run wires..

Yet when my back hits, I feel the something shift slighting up, and then knocks back down..

Many times I can get trapped into my body, becasue of something I can not see, or sense... Yet I always feel tethered to something..

Ive seen him once before...

An orange color man with no face.. a long head, and very long arms and legs.. He doesnt speak much, and holds me by the arm many times..
its fingers are very long, and strong! No clothes, and no genetal parts..

ITs taken me threw the rings of Saturn, threw the rings of Neptune..
Yet Ive never been able to get far away from this being..

And then I wake up in my room, as if it was a dream... Yet deep down its far more powerful than most dreams I have...
I mean it really moved me, and changed the way I look at my body here on earth..
Ive seen myself as a ball of light, and looking in every direction at one time..
Yet at anytime I could change my light to become any shape I wanted..
Many times I was a beautiful woman, sometimes I was a strong warrior type man.. most times, just a ball of light.. But never free as I feel it.. Trapped if you will.... good post..

In the last couple days I was able to break free.. How did I do it..
Well I let go of everything I hold so dearly here..
You have to just let go, and understand, we are all different, so I can only speak for myself and other Mammalian humanoid that come from where I do.. Many Mammalian humanoids, yet we are not all the same..

[edit on 9-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
holy crap! this caught my eye! I've felt VERY blocked. I've only been able to astral travel a handful of times for a short period of time (both the actual travel event and the timespan with which I hadf the ability), maybe a month or so... and it felt as if someone were cradling me in their arms while we were travelling, and then one day not too soon after, I felt a huge knock and the "presence" dropped me and I haven't been able to get back there since, and yes major meditation problems, too. It gives me bad headaches and makes me twitch whenever I try. and it's been that way ever since I was knocked back.
I remember always being taken to what looked like Mars, and seeing huge scary black pyramids and obelisks like a thousand or more feet high. This was before I knew much about Egypt and the extraterrestrial connection. the travels were what inspired me to look for a connection... and lo and behold, Egypt, aliens, and Mars, oh my!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
well i used to project all the time... most of the time i didnt mean too at all like if im asleep in bed or even worse... asleep in school.

but recently i find it hard to project at all...

but my problem is that my dreams have become more... realistic.. and ive been heard mumbling different things in my sleep.

ive been told ive mumbled so called prophecys or just plain old predictions but they could never catch all of it...

im curious to see if i could project while hypnotized...hmmm... maybe ill end up like edgar casey and tell the world whats really under the right paw of the sphinx... or not

[edit on 10-9-2007 by vanquisher4hire]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MinHawk
I've found that the same thing has happened to me with regards to dreams, in general. I used to dream every night, and every morning, I could remember most of one of my dreams, at least. This was for most of my life. Then, for several years, I just stopped dreaming. I'd rarely dream, and I never understood why or could figure it out. They're only recently deciding to come back.

You always dream at night, unless you have specific brain damage that disabled dreaming. If you can't remember your dreams it's mainly because you woke up after the last dreaming phase is over.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

You always dream at night, unless you have specific brain damage that disabled dreaming. If you can't remember your dreams it's mainly because you woke up after the last dreaming phase is over.

I know I've been told this. I used to remember things, though, even when the dreaming phase was over. Then, it just stopped, for several years. And now I'm starting to remember things again.

I call it "not dreaming," because all my life, I've dreamed, remembered my dreams, etc. Every night, I could remember something. Then all of a sudden, nothing. It was pretty much like my dreams had stopped.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

Well... you dont always dream at night... you only dream in REM sleep (rapid eye movement) and if i remember correctly, the REM cycle starts after stage 4 sleep or something? and thats just simply after the body has rested. so first you rest your body... and then you enter REM sleep. recently i havent been dreaming, but thats because ive been very busy and dont get a lot of time to sleep... therefore i dont reach my REM sleep.
But most of the time you do dream at night and just cant remember.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Is this inability to concentrate due to tv and all the rubbish thats in our food? I have noticed that if I eat a load of empty carbs and stuff thats brightly coloured it is hard to concentrate properly. You get easily distracted. Also too much tv gets you into that tired trance-like state.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by YarlanZey
Is this inability to concentrate due to tv and all the rubbish thats in our food? I have noticed that if I eat a load of empty carbs and stuff thats brightly coloured it is hard to concentrate properly. You get easily distracted. Also too much tv gets you into that tired trance-like state.

The farther away from nature we become by becoming absorbed by modern comforts, the weaker our concentration and ability to become in touch with nature and "super nature" are. By eating junk foods and things that aren't healthy(aren't natural) it throws off the flow of healthy energy in our bodies, takes our organ systems out of balance, and hinders performance in all walks of life.

Also, our senses, and various abilities have dulled due to lack of use.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by YarlanZey
Is this inability to concentrate due to tv and all the rubbish thats in our food? I have noticed that if I eat a load of empty carbs and stuff thats brightly coloured it is hard to concentrate properly. You get easily distracted.

I eat WAY too much junk food...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
it's be harder for me to in recent years. In the mid/late 90s, it came to me almost as easy as lucid dreaming. I also wonder if some force is preventing some people to do this.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by dreamingawake]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join