It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Alien Craft Photographed By Cassini! NASA’s Cover-Up Blown?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Could it be a Nazi blimp, however really photographed in the 30's?

I bet there were German blimps, possibly with the swastika on them floating around the USA, before the war in the 30's.

Remember the Nazi's created all kinds of propaganda.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Electro38]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brad.T
Photograph from 1870 taken near Mt. Washington in the USA.

This reminds me of a story my co-worker told me. She said she was driving over a bridge in Annapolis, looked over at the Naval towers and saw a long, flat black slab hovering over them. She says her dad also saw it, they both freaked out and never heard anything about it. She gets the heebie-jeebies anytime I mention anything UFO related.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by jamesder]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Nice pics!

What do you think of this cylindrical object seemingly breaking up near the Sun? A malfunction? This huge object would be thousands of miles long!!

Courtesy: SOHO/LASCO

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Maybe the Vogons have upgraded their constructor ships and are finally coming to make the hyperspace-bypass...

Now seriously, anybody thought of the possibility that any object the claimed size, should be visible with a large enough telescope? Methinks this is in the same category as the US-flag blown around on the windless moon...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
What do you think of this cylindrical object seemingly breaking up near the Sun?

That looks like a comet.

Here's an image of a comet making a close pass by:

Although it's viewed more than 1,000 comets, NASA and ESA's Solar and Heliospheric Observatory has never seen anything like Comet McNaught.

The comet made its closest approach to the Sun between January 12-15, and fortunately passed right through SOHO's field of view. It's that white streak on the left-hand side of the image, in case you aren't sure. Astronomers haven't worked out its peak brightness yet, but it's by far the brightest comet SOHO has ever observed. In fact, it's so bright that it saturated the spacecraft's CCD camera, causing the bleeding along pixel rows.

Source: www.universetoday.com...

Here's a "HOTSHOT" on SOHO's page of a comet:

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Donoso]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by J.Smit

Now seriously, anybody thought of the possibility that any object the claimed size, should be visible with a large enough telescope? Methinks this is in the same category as the US-flag blown around on the windless moon...

Well there have been observations for hundred of years one of which occured on the 9th February 1917.

Luminous phenomena in the vicinity of the rings have been observed repeatedly, and prove that electrostatic forces are at work. From the 18th Century onwards luminous points on the ring edge, luminous objects and the disappearance of one side of Saturn's rings have been observed. One astronomer (Maurice Ainslie) observed a luminous object pass through the rings and devour ring material as it moved. This object was a mass of ionizing radiation, which can destroy ring material. The rings are known to change in brightness, evidently due to time-varying particle flow. White spots where noted on the rings and the planet numerous times. Bright projections on the rings and "sparkling flocculence" where also observed. For example, a white projection was seen near a white spot at the edge of the south equatorial band on 29 September 1910. Voyager 1 took a photo of Saturn and five of its moons, which included an unexpected luminous object. Images of the F-ring show variable luminosity that includes observations of a helical core and emission jets

www.livingcosmos.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

How come all three objects have different axes? Meaning that they're all moving in different directions? After all, an objects orbiting around a planet would be moving along in the same direction as other objects, UNLESS UNDER INTELLIGENT CONTROL, due to the gravitational pull of the planet?

I'll answer this. As crazy as it sounds, not all objects orbiting around Saturn, or Jupiter, or the remaining two gas giants orbit on the same plane. Some of these objects were actually "captured" later after the planet's formation by the huge gravitational fields of the gas giants. Therefore their orbits would be quite different than the other bodies that formed in the planetary accretion disc.

Here's a link to a table of every natural object orbiting Saturn. It includes diameter, orbital period and inclination in degrees to Saturn's equator. Negative orbital periods would mean they're going around the planet the opposite way.

Wiki: Saturn's natural satellites: Table of known moons

If you look at that list, there's quite a significant number of moons that are not on the equatorial plane. And there are also a large number that are going the opposite direction. Finally there's a huge number that are less than 8 km in diameter. It's possible that Saturn has a fleet of natural object that are basically boulders the size of cars orbiting about her. Little meteor fragments that are caught in the gravity well. They're just too small to have been verified.

Couldn't one of those be the vague blur?

Some dessert for thought

Edit: Another link for the Saturnian Satellites

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

In which case I stand corrected.

It is a pretty weird looking object though..

And the 'swastika' thing is even more bizarre.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Brad.T]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

What do you think of this cylindrical object seemingly breaking up near the Sun? A malfunction? This huge object would be thousands of miles long!!

I would suggest that such an object is not a spaceship for a couple of reasons. First is the engineering required to build a vessel "thousands of miles long" is probably not going to be particularly susceptible to breaking down in any kind of catastrophic way. Yes, I know that space shuttles and jet fighters come apart all the time. However, that is as big an apples to oranges comparison as there ever has been.

Secondly, considering the time and resources required to make such a craft, it seems very unlikely that the folks that control such a thing would allow it to fall in a state of disrepair that would lead to it's breakup, much less risk it's exposure to something that could destroy it. Even if it was obsolete, you would think that a retrofit or some kind of recycling would be in order as opposed to dumping it into a star somewhere.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Evasius

Nice pics!

Cheers!

It could just be an asteroid (round!?), and then there is this flame trail behind it which makes it look like a "cylindrical" object.

Im not an expert, but that´s what it looks like to me.

Cool tho.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
they evidence is out there yet people wont believe it.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamesder
I'm a little confused. Is the french article claiming that the photo with those three cigar shapes is real, or is that an illustration for their article?

they're real spacecraft taken by Voyager 1/2(never been disclosed for 15 yrs), the author Guy Tarade is an UFO research you can google him

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos

Speech patterns have been found in a radio signal released by NASA almost 3 years previously in 2004.

Judge for yourself what the voices are saying, it is a very bizarre anomaly but very much worth investigating.
Instructions:
and there it is, speech patterns.

How can anyone explain this anomaly. Certainly NASA have no explanation for it after we presented the file to them for their opinion. SETI also dont know what make of it. What do you think?

What the person from the external source content above does not grasp is the science associated with his/her claim that this recording is evidence of speech patterns. The recording you link from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory site is NOT an actual sound recording from Saturn or it's rings.

It is an audio representation of the radio emissions (or electromagnetic wave emissions) from the planet's auroras near it's poles.

Radio (or electromagnetic) waves are not audio (compression) waves and thus no sound will be produced from them unless their signals are demodulated and then amplified, much the same way a radio or a cell phone operates. And even if they were radio waves from some alien source, without knowing how the source was modulated, we would have no way of demodulating/amplifying it into an audio source without it sounding like radio static, typical or atypical.

While I would like nothing more than to have actual proof of alien intelligence, it's seems some are blindly taking stock in the "evidence" put forth here without doing a bit of research themselves and then furthering the inaccuracies by continuing to post external source inaccuracies so that what is "Jane sleeps with Tarzan" devolves into "Tarzan sleeps with Cheeta". It's fun to dig into the "what if" and the potential of evidence but let's not be lazy and push logic and common sense aside in the process.

Helpful Links:
Saturns Radio Emissions Explained
Radio Astronomy
Jupiter's Radio Emissions
Listen to Radio Waves From Space

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

These objects are Earth size and some more than 50,000 Km long.

WOW
thats HUGE.

So we're talking alien craft possibly, 30,000 miles in length? Fleets of them, in our solar system. I need some time to entertain this in my mind...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by antipigopolist

star for you sir .. a recent thread had audio reprensentations from jupiter that were frankly very moving ... however they had been manipulated so much to bring it into the range of human hearing.

so it was nothing like what was actually picked up.

[edit on 9/9/07 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dane69

looks like something from "Lord of the rings". Where Frodo threw the ring into the volcano.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The biggest problem I have with a cylinder object is it also fits a mold for a fast moving time expose object too. I'm not an expert but some look like more than a ship.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

That's one heck of a picture.
If it was a comet the tail would most certainly be blown away from the Sun making it always appear to point towards the Sun. If an asteroid was breaking up and was close enough to the sun, the trail would also point away.

It definitely looks like a huge artificial object that met its demise quickly.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
maybe we should set up a toll booth or
a rest stop. make some money on this.

reply to post by Cyber_Wasp

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Evasius

It's a comet. Seriously. If you search the date for near-sun comets, you can find out which one. The folks at Rense can't tell a comet from a cupid. I'm sure it's labeled on the SOHO site as a comet.

The reason that it looks long is that the camera lens stays open for awhile to get the picture. Fast moving things look like cylinders or streaks.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Indellkoffer]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join