It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Big Turnout In Iowa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Des Moines, Iowa: CNN Wolf Blitzer is reporting early indications of a very high voter turn-out for tonights Iowa caucus, the first of the Democratic campaign. Many precincts are already seeing voters show up and sign in, which is earlier than expected even for the good weather and high publicity.

A lot of importance is being placed on this Iowa caucus and the early indications it would offer the front-runner for the Democratic nominee for the Presidential election. Whoever wins this evening, will be riding a wave. ATSNN will be covering this event all evening. [Edited on 19-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord] [Edited on 19-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Woohoo!

I'll be here. There's an Edwards/Kucinich deal in the works, I'm trying to find out more about.

CNN just said both camps confirm they share the same vision and will be sharing supporters/votes where it makes sense.

Dennis wants to be a Veep, but Dean already has Braun.

Go Edwards! Go Edwards!

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Yeah, the deal smells like something from "Survivor"... to avoid being voted off the campaign trail. Very odd. For those not up on this deal... Edwards and Kucinich have agreed to offer each other's supporters if one of them doesn't make the minimum vote cut. Of course, Dean said this "is a sign of weakness."

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Yeah, the deal smells like something from "Survivor"...

That's both a frighteningly acute and just plain frightening observation.
Man, now I can't get the image of Dean naked out of my head. So you think Edwards conned Kucinich into building the hut? It figures the men voted the woman off first. I bet Clark is the Mole.

Wow, I just heard life-long Republicans can go sign in as Democrats and vote in the Dem caucus tonight. That's messed up. It is like the Mole.

[Edited on 19-1-2004 by RANT]

Iowa polls have changed again! Edwards and Dean flipped positions knocking Dean up to #2. What seems consistent is Kerry's surge and Gephardt's fall.

I wonder who Gephardt will be endorsing tomorrow?

[Edited on 19-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The thing I like about this is that it looks like people are realising that thier vote does count and it is important.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The live shots of caucus horse trading are very telling. A bunch of people in Gephardt sweatshirts being pounded by Kerry and Dean people alike: YOU AREN'T VIABLE!.

They're all horse trading to make the 15% cutoff before the half hour change time. I'm also shocked by the number of personal homes being used as caucus hubs. Most were probably on the Dean bandwagon when they signed on to host. Look at all the wine & beer in live shots. These are parties.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Iowa is being called.

Kerry wins, Edwards second. Dean third. Gephardt fourth.

Self described realist Gephardt, with virtually no campaign in New Hampshire, will face a hard decision tonight.

WHO WILL GEPHARDT ENDORSE???

new topics

top topics

join