It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire in the sky!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Well kind of speak's for it's self.

www.liveleak.com...

Look's really bizzare ?

Regard's
Lee

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
We have seen this phenomena in Ohio as well. Wonder what the heck causes it?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Wow! That is really strange. Kind of disturbing. Its kind of reminds me of a passage from the Bible in the book of Exodus where it talks about a pillar of fire. That is what it looks like...a pillar of fire. Interesting.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I am just throwing this out there as I really have not studied it. Could it be chem trails starting on fire? I don't know if there are any flammable materials in them, but it being in the sky seems very very weird.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
This was taken in 2003, so it is pretty old. Just thought I would let you know.
Can't it just be an airplane caught fire? I mean it seems pretty reasonable.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I am no expert but I have seen something like this before. It is, in my opinion the contrails of an airliner reflecting the sun at sunset. I think that other, more educated debunkers will confirm this.

Sorry, I want to believe too!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
im going with con trails in the sunset, the camera was way too shaky and youtube quality is -10

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Two videos of (IMHO) similar sightings (Finland):

Google Video Link

Related discussion:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8/9/2007 by internos]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
There was a discussion recently on something exactly the same. I think it was mostly decided that it's an aeroplane & contrail moving directly away from the camera and getting caught in the sunset/rise. Looks great though.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
contrails at sunset, yes I agree. and if anyone else out there agress...Why post this garbage

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Maybe an airplane was doing this?

Okay, so maybe it wouldn't last as long, but I agree as it being contrails of an aircraft.

[edit on 9/9/07 by TsunamiLight]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I believe it´s smoke trails from a jet, jets usually have two smoke trails. And then it is the sun reflecting on the smoke...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Sorry but I just don't think it was a jet plane. We've all seen plenty of jet planes during our life time and I have never seen anything like that...ever. Not even the other video of the plane that emitted flames came close the videos of this "fire in the sky" phenomenon.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanormalShiver

Its just water vapour in the contrails, hence the reflectivity from the sunlight

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I agree it's highly possible that it is a vapour trail.

However the only reason i posted this was due to the way the said lighting moved like flame in an almost liquid motion.

Anyone else notice the difference like i can ?

Regard's
Lee

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I agree that its sunlight in the vapour trail. You can see a shaft of sunlight from trail.

I have seen this before lots of times and it can be different colours depending on the time of day i.e. orange or red in the evening at sunset. It can also vary in brightness depending on how new the contrail is and how much it has dispersed.

Not sure about the flame movement though, but I can definately see what you mean. Could this be something to do with the movement of the camera? Or maybe the air movement in the atmosphere - would this break up the contrail?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'd like to add my support to the "contrails at sunset" theory.

I live in the Northeast U.S. and see plenty of airliners heading to and from New York and Boston. I have a clear view of the western horizon and have seen this on many occasions.

I've noiced this effect more often soon AFTER sunset, when the sun isn't shining on the ground or low clouds anymore, but is still shining on things at high altitude...such as jets flying at 25,000 to 35,000 feet. I believe that's what's going on with this video...notice that the clouds are dark, because the sun has set too low to shine on them, but not so low as to not shine on the plane--which is higher than the clouds.

I have a feeling it's the contrast between the relatively darkening sky and the still-brightly sunlit contrail that makes for this striking phenomenon.

[edit on 9/10/2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightmare
Sorry but I just don't think it was a jet plane. We've all seen plenty of jet planes during our life time and I have never seen anything like that...ever. Not even the other video of the plane that emitted flames came close the videos of this "fire in the sky" phenomenon.

I know it looks highly unusual but I have seen this stack of times and all the evidence points to it being a contrail from an airliner low on the horizon at sunset.

It can look really bright at times, I have seen people stop in the street looking at this and pointing only to see an airliner pass over a few minutes later.

top topics

join