It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gain control of your dream, possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Over 5 years ago I was fascinated by the books by C. Castenada. His books and "adventures" into the other worlds are just so amazing and vivid at the same time. Strange creatures and worlds. One of his most concrete and basic ways to gain admittance of the "the hidden worlds and other dimensions" is through dreaming. And to do that, you have to gain control of your subconscious mind. (oh how I would love to do that, feeling helpless in a nightmare is one of the most scary thing)

Start by trying, and willing yourself for 15-30 minute every night before sleeping that you will raise your hand and observe your own palm once you are in dream state. When you can do that, you are on your way. He describe his own palm as looking distorted and bluish, never the less he was conscious in his own dream. And have control of the dreams (!!!)

There are two worlds possible at 1st, the dream world (our mind made it up) and the real world, the one we are in. When you have become apt and very good at it, you can "travel" to microscopic worlds, other dimensions, even planets galaxies away.

Have anyone tries that? It's probably similar to controlled OOBE or Remote Viewing, but
much more advanced it seems and less technical.

I mean, wouldn't your mind-travel be the most efficient and fastest way to travel VAST distances across galaxies and even different dimensions? Even Einstein said that to achieve the speed of light and time-travel one must have ZERO mass. If that doesn't indicate mind-travel I don't know what is.

Off topic from my own thread, but wouldn't it be better for humans to try to nurture and foster our ability to control our subconscious and use it as a travel machine? Beats building a 1000 ton rocket with nuclear fuel and food supply to last 10 generations while we travel old-school style to another galaxy. We keep hearing humans only use 10-15% of our brain capacity, wonder if the rest of it is for mind-travel and other less materialistic and more spiritual uses.

Ok, someone try finding their own palm and let me know the result, I'm too chicken to try myself...

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I haven't heard of this before. I have heard of lucid dreaming and the such but never something like this. What are some books done by this author I can check into? Low on money so give me the must reads

As for the palm thing, that is a lucid dreaming tech. you can use. Look at your palm for a while then sleep. Do that every night before bed and you will eventually see it when you start dreaming and it will trigger the lucid dreaming.

Can't wait to see where this thread goes!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
wow this topic really intrests me...i recall quite a few occasion were ill be having a dream...get woke up(by loud 8 year old lol)and went right back to sleep and liked the dream i was in so much(and no not a sexual fantasy)that when i went rite back to sleep i entered the dreams rite were i left off....only the "realistic" dreams though.the ones that seem to be close to "real" life dont know if that would be the same as controlling dreams but i am def goinf to try the hand excercise.
cool post

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
It is possible, it is called Lucid Dreaming, it has nothing to do with paranormal events since it is all about willpower and psychology.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
it is possible if u ask me.one time i really wanted to know if one person will liek my present.then i dreamed he likes it....and he actualy liked it

ive readed some stuff and i think its possible but i dont wanna do it.seems too strange,creepy and not wright for me.
u have a strong enought will allready u will dream stuff u like^^
like that one time^^i want dream that dream over and over again (nosebleed)

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The psychological community now generally accepts lucid dreaming as a genuine phenomenon. A step-by-step guide is even included in most university-level psychology books now. However, there is a big difference between lucid dreaming which takes place entirely in your mind and isn't real at all, and astral projection/out of body experience which if the events are actually occuring in the real world in real-time, you should be able to verify things that you otherwise would not have been able to see/know.

[edit on 9/8/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I can say unequivocablly yes you can. I am very new here but this caught my interest. I have Lucid dreamed my entire life and born out of pure fear in a nightmare I did manage to 'control' my dream somewhat, it was really really weird. Like having a remoe for your dreams. Oh oh bad guys I am gonna di.....rewind.......ok, no not THAT door, lets try this one. Like a choose your own adveture! incredibly weird. I am happy it has a name and there may be someone else with it!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Come on now, I'm sure we've all had lucid dreams, the question is... do you remember the next day?

I had one last night, I was doin something random, like trying to take pictures of the pope, but then the swiss guards were chasing me, and I thought to myself "this dream sucks, why bother?" and so I changed it to me sledding in blizzard snow. Instead of walking all the way back to the top, I merely teleported myself. In some dreams you feel like you are pulled along... so walk the other way. I don't understand what's so amazing about lucid dreaming, it's your brain.

The stuff with that author though, I've never experienced anything like that, but I don't consider myself witness to weird happenings.

One way to "test it" is to do what chicken said about raising your hand... but as soon as you wake up, write as much down on a pad of paper as you can.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I used to control my dreams quite often when I was a child and well into late teens. I've never tried the palm thing before though. As for remembering my dreams, I remember them just as if it actually happened, I never did understand why people say they dont remember their dreams, or act surprised when somebody talks about remembering a dream. Although, a similar situation is, I never "black out" when I'm drunk, regardless of how much I partake (and believe me I get pretty drunk sometimes!), I never wake up the next day and say "wow what did I do last night!" because i know exactly what i did last night, So I've always just assumed people who say they dont remember the night before a party were talking bullcrap. I still think its totally bull if somebody claims that, unless somebody slipped you a roofie or something lol

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
chick i have tried to control my dreams it doesnt always work but it sure helped me in some nightmares and my dreams became more complex in "plot" since then,as if i am in other worlds

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I've had a few dreams where I can 'control' them, make things change the way I want them and the like. Unfortunately, I almost always wake up as soon as it starts. As I've gotten older I get fewer and fewer, but not a complete loss.

Sometimes I know that I'm dreaming, know that it isn't real and that I should be able to 'control' it but just cant, my mind holds me back maybe.

I'm definitely trying the palm thing though, I'll do it for a week and then feedback to you guys.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I know some people can do it better than others, its like a talent you have to have. My wife, she can't do it I think, but she never wants to talk about it.
It spooks her I think.
But I have been reading TRG's thread lately, I finished all 80 some pages of it, and I decided to just live my life as a physical being, hate to disturb the astral plane and sparks the interest of some succubi hitchiker...

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Controlling your dreams is the most fun part about LD. It's really not as difficult as it seems. But the fact you think it's difficult makes it so...
You can start with simple things, like vocal commands, "clarify dream" "stabilize dream" etc. You'll notice that abilities will just come to you. In one dream, I was able to control laptops, a minute later I tried it on people, and it works.
You can gain TOTAL control, just do it step by step. Start with flying, just imagine fire or energy coming out of your feet, you'll see you can reach phenomenal speeds.
You'll see that being angry in your dream can destroy physical (mental actually
) objects and give you the strength to break or punch through anything...

Anyway, control is very nice and fun, and really not that difficult, just try it you'll see...

- Chris

new topics

top topics

join