It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone see particles/cells?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I dont know what exacrtly it is I see, but it looks to be cells or something...through my eyes? I have to concentrate, usually looking at the sky for me to see them. I was wondering If anyone knows what it is? Or if you can see them too? Today, I also noticed I can see wind/small dust particles....No im not crazy....I dont hallucinate.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
It's possible that you are hallucinating.
Your mind is far more powerful than your eyes.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessDespot

Well see, when my eyes move, the things move. They seem to stay in the same spot on the eye.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NateNute
I dont know what exacrtly it is I see, but it looks to be cells or something...through my eyes? I have to concentrate, usually looking at the sky for me to see them. I was wondering If anyone knows what it is? Or if you can see them too? Today, I also noticed I can see wind/small dust particles....No im not crazy....I dont hallucinate.

Yeah, I see these too and sometimes points of light like stars...

They are quite clear, amazingly clear for something sitting on the surface of my eye, maybe it's a retinal thing??? I don't know.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Does it look like white glowing tiny things, going in all directions, and the more you concentrate on it and focus, it becomes more clear, and only appear when you look at the sky.
Because this is what I see.
I love it, every time I remember about it, all I do is look at the sky and focus, and enjoy the magical moving sparkly stuff that I have no idea what it is,

[edit on 8-9-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JimmyBlonde

Exactly...you should try staring at the blue sky, you see them every time. It's odd.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yes that is the other thing I see, aside from the clear cell-like things. Those are the particles in wind I was referring to.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
It sounds like you might have floaters. See if this describes the symptoms you are experiencing...

www.allaboutvision.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
It's quite normal and common in everyones' eyes. Unless, you're seeing maybe huge "germ" looking creatures or flashes in your eyes as well. Interesting to let yourself see 'em though, makes ya wonder...

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I see these all the time they are amazing. They dart around in all different directions quite independent. Dont know what they are though. I know Astronaughts when they close their eyes can witness some sort of cosmic dust passing through their head and eyes etc. I have always wondered if this is along the lines of that.

Whatever it is its superb can be a bit annoying sometimes thjough when you cant make it stop

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Does it look like white glowing tiny things, going in all directions, and the more you concentrate on it and focus, it becomes more clear, and only appear when you look at the sky.
Because this is what I see.
I love it, every time I remember about it, all I do is look at the sky and focus, and enjoy the magical moving sparkly stuff that I have no idea what it is,

[edit on 8-9-2007 by _Phoenix_]

Hehe, yep, something like that... I think it is just clearer against the sky because it is a clearer background most of the time...

It is pretty cool, I always wondered what makes it happen too, my guess is dead skin cells and bits of dust. I think you have to have pretty good eyesight to see it and mine is supposed to be better than average.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
You're probably right, they are cells.

Lots of people are familiar with floaters..Which cast shadows on your retinas.
You try to follow them with your eyes, and they seem to move as your eyes move.

But what you might be talking about is different.

It's white blood cells, most visible against a blue background, like the sky.

You can also see them if you look at a deep blue piece of paper.
We did this in science class many years ago. You can sometimes see a few.
BUT

If you are able to make a flashlight beam yellow, say with a piece of yellow cellophane.
Shine the yellow light at your eyes from the side..SO you get kind of a yellow glare.
NOT directly!! do NOT look directly into the beam!

Look at the blue paper then!
The yellow light seems to illuminate them more.
There is a PARTY in your eyes. White blood cells squirming around, all over the place.

If you watch long enough, you'll notice a pattern. The cells only follow certain paths. Those are the tiny blood vessels that the cells are traveling through.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
If you think floaters are cool you should investigate closed eye hallucination

Here is a wiki article that describes it to some degree:

Closed Eye Hallucination

If it interests anyone, I strongly advise you to pursue the mediative route to exploring it rather than the latter method.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by not_fazed]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by not_fazed
If you think floaters are cool you should investigate closed eye hallucination

Here is a wiki article that describes it to some degree:

Closed Eye Hallucination

If it interests anyone, I strongly advise you to pursue the mediative route to exploring it rather than the latter method.

Yep, very cool indeed. It was good to find out what those floater things were at last too. Thanks spacedoubt.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by evilod

Thanks for the link, evilod

I've been seeing floaters in my eyes when I look at a clear sky for as long as I can remember...I'm 40, and I have very mild prescription lenses I wear rarely (-0.5 in each eye) to improve distance vision

So I hope in my case, its not a sign of problems with my retinas given I've experienced them for 30+ yrs

Peace

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
on one level your experiencing the 'floaters'
which could be burnt out rods or cones in the back of your eyeball.
everyone who ever opened their eyes in the daylight Sun has these...
to some degree (that is not a scientific prognosis/diagnosis, it's only opinion)

on another level, your mental nature cold have developed the ability
to 'see' air molecules...a visualization exercise
some people delve into these visualizations to the point that they
progrssively get better at manipulating these clear 'cells' or air molecules
into shapes and forms.

An advanced manipulator can fashion these apparent molecules into
something like a spandex suit, for the purpose of providing an insulation blanket of air between ones skin and the much colder outside air,
If one is caught in a farm or outdoor sporting situation with inadequate layers of clothing,

it might be a truism that 'its all in your mind'
or it might not.
there are practical applications for this practice, but the western world
kind of pooh-poos the idea of 'seeing' these molecules
choosing instea to ignore the phenomenom

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yea the "floaters" and the particles are two differfent things. One was the clear globs and the other is kind of like the matrix except with little glowing balls flying all over the place. Nice to know what the floaters are but im still wondering about the particles in the air. Very interesting.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
You're seeing the blue field entoptic phenomenon. Basically, you're seeing the white blood cells moving through the vessels in your eyes. You can have floaters as well, the floaters will tend to be dark, slowly drifting spots or filaments, the white cells will look like little fast moving dots.

Here's a how-to.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
yea i can see them to i never thought it would be on this

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NateNute
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yes that is the other thing I see, aside from the clear cell-like things. Those are the particles in wind I was referring to.

yeah i see them too. I just stare at the sky or something, and i see these white, transparent type string things just falling and floating around. And when i close my eyes their gone, but if i just cleared my mind and just stare again i see them.

personally i just think its the sun or some scientific phenomena. But i am sure that this thing is very frequent.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join