It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I keep blowing lightbulbs when Im vexed....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sekhemet
Ok no biggy but I keep on blowing light bulbs and It happens when I am stressed out or peed off bigtime. I have blown about 20 per year I have to get a draw load of bulbs at a time

It could be any room in the house and its not faulty wiring it doesn't even have to be my own house
One time I came home stressed (women ) lol.. and it was pouring with rain so I was soaked, turned on the light and POP! actually blew out of the holder! so loud tho that time I thought it exploded and I ducked for cover

I know this is a common one maybe, so anybody else here have electrical issues?

Moulder, not the V.A in the District, or that nasty substance occupying the dead 'round chere; but the fictational FBI agent from the X-Files, states: "there's a little Ancient Tradition that might help...". This is for the lad that barbecued cows in the pasture with streaks of lightning.

Try this. Take a hand full of local dirt, and draw a circle. Place yourself physical within, and your presence of mind, also.

Let me know if this works, Hell, I see so many pulling from Thin Air and grabbing straws, I may have solved your little prob.

No exchanges, funds or otherwise, necessary.
Glad to help.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wow I couldn't believe when I googled "I blow lightbulbs" I''d actually find others like me! I will pop lightbulbs, almost violently (with a loud bang and bright lightshow) when I have any sort of high level emotion, even extreme happieness. I've been reading about Sliders and I do experience streetlights going out when I'm near them under high emotion. Also, I can't say that I drain battery power, but more the opposite around a battery operated product. Such as a remote control car will suddenly zing across the room when my emotions are running high, as well as a battery operated keyboard that will play notes (no song, just random notes) when I'm near it. Thank you for posting this thread...my friends call me a freak but my husband thinks it's pretty cool. I laughed when I read the post about person fantasizing about being able to control it....because I do the same thing LOL.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I just re-read the first page of this thread and it sounds like Rivergoddess described me as well. I just had my car battery replaced even though I did get 3 years out of a 5 year battery. The light bulbs in my house that kept blowing up every 2 to 3 months that were supposed to be long life I finally replaced with compact flourescent but I've discovered they have other problems on another thread. Toxic mercury is released if they break, possible UV radiation and/or EM radiation. I'm keeping the three up that I have in use though. The other light bulbs in my house haven't burned out yet and they've been going for 10 years, old incandescent ones. I don't have them on as much.

One strange thing I've noticed is the remote battery for my car keyless remote I've never had to replace. My previous car was about 7 to 8 years old and I replaced the car first. My current car is almost 8 years old now. I'm wondering what the normal life of a battery is for the keyless remote for a car. Maybe it's not so strange. I read the shelf life of those batteries can be over 10 years and I've only been using it a few times a day for the past 8 years. I noticed on a volt meter I do have more electrical charge then some other people even though the number it picked up wasn't that high. I see street lights occasionally either turn off or on depending upon my mood. Seems like they turn off when my mood isn't so good and visa versa when my mood is good. I thought popping light bulbs was a normal thing that happened to everybody on occasion when they flipped on the switch.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It happens to me too, specially when I lose my temper for some reason and usually more than one bulb blows at a time - the last time the whole lamp had to be binned

The other problem I have is thermometers but nothing to do with anger/stress or at least I don't think it is. Every time I've had someone try to measure my temperature with a mercury thermometer the damn thing explodes! First time it happened I was ten and the doctor put it down to a faulty thermometer so he tried it again and the same thing happened. I've tried a couple of times since and it always goes the same way.

Apart from it being a serious health threat (depending on the location of the thermometer!) I'd really like to know why this happens. Anyone any ideas or heard of this before?

TIA

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I joined this site because of this thread and desire to comment. I haven't read anything else on here, yet, but plan to poke around since there seems to be some 'verra interesting' topics! Such as that SLiders thing...
Now for confession time. I too blow light bulbs more than the average person, especially when I am in a highly emotional state. It doesn't just have to be flicking on the light though (btw I am left handed) but there have been more than a dozen times just standing under the lights too. My house was built less than 10 years ago and 'fortified' by my brother who is a master electrician. But it happens in all kinds of houses and buildings.
Flickering lights is not new either and my city lights repair guy told me that if my closest city light blows/stays flicker one more time he's going to ask that I have to pay for replacing it! (We've lived here 9 years and it has had to be replaced 4 times, which according to the city worker, is 4 times more than most since they are supposed to last for 10 years.) Many times I have moved to get out from a flickering florescent light only to have the ones above me start flickering or buzzing loudly. Those touch lamps that go up in power do it when I get my hand 6 inches away and if I am sitting too close to one it will blow after going madly on and off (when I am emotional).
I've only found one brand of watch that I don't kill the battery in less than a month (Swatches) and I think it is because it has a plastic back, rather than a metal one.
When I hold a compass it doesn't point north. Most times it stands still, occassionally the pointer has spun around a bit too. I failed orienteering to say the least.
When I got my first computer I kept causing it to go haywire (back in the early 90s). Finally, after 9 home visits, the company told me I had to wear a grounding wire. It was a little thing I had to clip to a large metal object and wear the other end around my wrist. Now most computers are already grounded. But if I am upset I still mess up computers, shut them down even. At a meeting with a state agency worker I not only shut down her computer but I also caused her electronic phone to start beeping every time I sat forward. I can only use my PALM if I am holding it in a metal case, otherwise the pointer won't allign properly.
TV rabbit ears and radios with attenas always messed up if I walked close. At a basketball game I was supposed to run the scoreboard and every time I touched it to enter the numbers the scoreboard would light up all the lights until I took my hands away.
When I was handed a cordless microphone at a conference the closest amp kept popping and the microphone wouldn't stop squealing.
I shock people when I touch them more than the average person, especially if I am torqued at them.
At one of those science museums with a static generator (or whatever it is called) I actually had an arc sustained over 3 feet away. The guide said she had never seen that happen before unless someone was holding a metal wand.
My husband didn't believe me when we were dating until he brought me to meet his mother. I was so nervous. I walked into her house and stood next to her touch lamp, poof within a minute after blinking off and on like crazy. I went to the bathroom and blew the light, then the kitchen light above the stove went and when his brother went to shake my hand, before he touched me, his hand was shocked and he screamed like a girl!
I don't punch button in elevators unless I can help it because sometimes it lights up more than the one I touched.
Twice I have set off the theft alarm at our local Walmart when I didn't have anything with an anti-theft strip.
At the last airport I was at I got through the metal dector fine but when I leaned against the x-ray machine putting my shoes back on the machine malfunctioned (went blank). I repeated it 4 times when asked then was strip searched, only to have them find NOTHING and I missed my flight!

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

It sounds like you are describing me. I know you will probably never read this but I will type it anyway.
I bought a car brand new in 2000 and sold it in 2010. I know ten years is a long time to have a car but that's another story. In the 10 years I owned it I had to buy 8 batteries. Yes 8 BATTERIES! The only good news was that the prices were always prorated because of the batteries not being anywhere near the guaranteed life of them. Also had 2 alternators put in the car only because they couldn't explain why the batteries kept going dead and couldn't be jumped and recharged.
I also blow lights often. I found this thread bectgat was what I was googling "blowing light bulbs" I gave popped 2 in 5 days. They are the good 5 or 8 year cfl energy efficient bulbs, not cheap. It isn't isolated to just here at my parents house. I frequently blew bulbs at my own home in another state and also at the 2 rentals before that. Sometimes when I'm mad or especially when I'm excited.
At my own home I kept blowing the huge track lighting bulbs, they are about $10 each. My husband wouldn't even let me put the new bulbs in because I would blow them IMMEDIATELY but he never did. Other times I would yell something and one would blow, and we would joke about me causing it. I wasn't even always flipping it on or off and not once has my husband blown a single bulb.
Also I keep having to replace my watch battery thankfully Kays jewelers has a battery guarantee and they are free after the initial $20 battery, for the life of the watch.
It all sounds ridiculous but it's all true and I never thought of all these things being related to one another until I found this thread. Also I have somehow rendered 2 tablets and 3 phones.
Verizon is going to have a fit if another phone poops out with no apparent cause. They said when it happened twice that it was virtually unheard of and then when it happened again they were a little judgemental. Nothing they could do about it, no scratches or fings on it anywhere, once again no known cause.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Honeyangel239

I saw your response because I saw messages upon logging into the site.
It is true I might have felt a bit vexed or frustrated in the last few weeks. I am more hopeful now and no bulbs have gone out this week. I tend to have some things suddenly stop working at certain times. Many times though, I have some lights for example continue working for what seems like an eternity. I still have my original bathroom incandescent light bulbs working and not one has burnt out since I bought my house back in 1999. I'm wondering if they could be the service type bulbs though which tend to be more expensive and last up to 2 to 10 times longer than normal. I probably only leave the bathroom lights on maybe 15 to 45 minutes a day max so that is part of it as well. Maybe those bulbs just don't have the hours yet. I had a car remote battery last about 12 years. It wouldn't surprise me if I'm generating a low voltage that may help some things last longer if I'm holding it. I was so used to it always working, I got really nervous when I was over an hour from home and realized I had no key to get inside my car. Luckily it worked after not using it for a few seconds.

Maybe my body sent a shock to it and recharged it for several more uses. I'm not sure why the remote would stop working and then work again for several more uses. At one point a couple of years ago and even last year, I was getting a lot of strange electric shocks at odd times. I haven't had any recently which only confuses me even more. I did give blood so maybe it did have something to do with too much iron in my blood. I do not know. It's possible that I replaced 3 out of the 4 bulbs a few years ago as well. Although one cf bulb it seems more recent than that.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I have often wondered if we won't someday find some sort of electrical charge we can unintentionally send out from our body under certain conditions.

I go through days where lightbulbs blow up around me all day long - not just at home and without touching a switch.

I also am one of those people who cannot wear a watch. If I put one on, it stops- like within the first hour. Once when that happened, I took it off and forgot about it for several weeks, then found it working again, so I put it back on. Stopped again.

I have dozens of beautiful watches. People close to me see I am not wearing one, and assume it is a good gift for Christmas or birthdays and such. I love them and wish I could wear them. They're all broken after one wearing.

My oldest son has the same problem, though my two other kids don't.

With time I always start to doubt the reality of this phenomenon, wondering if it is just some sort of faulty correlating I had long ago, so I try wearing one again- only to come to the same result.

But the lightbulb thing hasn't happened for a while. Now I'm doubting that perception. It sure seemed to be more than coincidence in the past though.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join