It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I keep blowing lightbulbs when Im vexed....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by annestacey

That is really a misconception. I am not saying that the Mercury disposal isn't going to be a problem on the scale that we could be dealling with. However heres some facts about CFL's Their really not that bad relatively speakin.
The average CFL contains an average of 5 milligrams of mercury. Old thermometers contained as much as 500 milligrams. That's 100 bulbs to 1 thermometer that we all throw away when they brake or quit working.
Also if you brake one open let the room air out, if you want. I never do
probably should...anyway clean it up with a damp rag clean up the glass and put the contents in 2 ziplock bag sealed and discard in the regular garbage. If you have laws or recycling vendors that deal with the disposal of mercury I sugest you do so but the Ziplock procedure is actually an improved method. www.energystar.gov...

I agree there is a potential global scale problem of polluting the earth with mercury if the powers that be do implement a ban on the incandescant bulb.
LED's are the next big thing, but in reality the technology is years , perhapse even a decade or so until it can fully be implimented into the homeand office for general lighting

Regular flourescent bulbs found pretty much everywher also contain mercury as well along with argon or sometimes neon, to produce there light.

The typical T-8 lamp found in most fixtures contain about 4-5 milligrams of mercury. Multiply that times 3-4 . That's usually how many lamps are in a standard 2x4 light in a commercial setting.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by highfreq]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Here's more facts about CFLs:

According to www.lightbulbrecycling.com, each year an estimated 600 million fluorescent lamps are disposed of in U.S. landfills, amounting to 30,000 pounds of mercury waste. Astonishingly, that's almost half the amount of mercury emitted into the atmosphere by coal-fired power plants each year. It only takes 4mg of mercury to contaminate up to 7,000 gallons of freshwater, meaning that the 30,000 pounds of mercury thrown away in compact fluorescent light bulbs each year is enough to pollute nearly every lake, pond, river and stream in North America (not to mention the oceans).

Source: Compact fluorescent light bulbs contaminate the environment with 30,000 pounds of mercury each year

So it's really a bigger problem than most people realize. People think that their little bit of contamination is no big deal, but when you combine everyone's contamination, it's a very big deal. Same goes for the household chemicals we use and the prescription medications we take. Even those are starting to show up in the water.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I blow out street lamps. Along with seramic bowls or anything seramic that is round. Lighbulbs I'm used to. I also fry electronics if I touch the power supply while i plug it in, Wierd eh?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sekhemet
Hello! thanks for the post.

What if that simple explanation you want is that ..'some people do blow lights when they are angry' ?
it IS possible to assume this seeing as it never happens to them when they are happy. Or do you think we wouldn't notice if we was happy and blew one? I think we are the first people who long await the day we blow one and are happy.

I dont understand your logic, you are saying the light bulb comes to the end of illumination career when you are having a bad day. I cant see any relation between feeling angry and a light bulb popping. People who believe that you can pop a bulb when you are angry want to believe it.

Have you noticed when your driving the times of day it is or was that just an example? to or from work etc? traffic lights go on and off at set times. If you know those times you could pass right through a bunch of lights all the way home. I think.. anybody here know about traffic lights?

This was just a made up example to illustrate that it could be a random event.

Your good points have been put across already and I appreciate the logic input and that may well apply to some people, but others have ruled them all out already and it isnt just lights they mess up.

My wiring is fine, I live in a house, not detached, nobody else seems to blow the lights just me, the fact that other appliances may be on (which they often are) does not really take away the possibility that someones negative energy has still overloaded it.

Appliances like fridges and stoves suck up lots of power, I know very little about electricity supply and wiring, but there could be minor power surges in your house that dont affect anything other than your light bulbs. Computers and some electronic equipment have their own power supply and can handle power surges, DVD players and lights get their power straight from the mains.

In my first post where the light popped out the holder, it was like 3am, nobody was awake, Id just came home the house was dark, so all that is ON is the videos and stuff like that, no not standbys I dont like standbys.. energy waste.. lol..

There are probably hundreds of people around the world, buying different light bulbs from different manufacturers, their electric is no different from the next persons maybe, and they keep blowing them when they are vexed and not feeling good.

Some may be down to either or all of your points, but some arent.

I agree that some may disagree with me but I cant believe that anybody who is in a bad mood can pop a light bulb. These events are isolated and in my opinion only happen concurrently through coincidence alone.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sekhemet

I meant to answer: I am the left-handed one of twins, and I am Taurus. My twin does not have the same experiences that I do except light bulbs do blow out in her home when she is extremely happy. I think it is another part of the expression of the duality.

I hope those reading this will ground themselves in peace, root themselves in peace, elevate themselves in peace, through prayer, meditation, reflexion, or movement as we approach the anniversary of 9/11.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
hello, yes i'm familiar with this but i do not have any knowledge on it sry, i have experience like this before as well, but for what ever reason and i dont remember the emotional state i was in but it seems that under certain circumstances when i walk or drive by streets lamps they go out, anyone have same happen to them U2u me bye

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Minij

Logic isnt limited to what we understand at the moment. Bit like common sense isnt common to everyone cause it depends what we all know or not.

Isnt it 'logical' to assume humans have electrical energy in us? are not our neurotransmitters giving electrical signals all the time? also we collect STATIC.

Example I done a computer repair course and learned when fixing a pc internally you must wear a 'grounding strap' attached to something metal, otherwise you may fry a component with STATIC you build up, on the carpet.

Which is a good thought I never thought of before.

According to deeper logic, when all the other obvious routes have failed us.. try the unobvious? as this 'belief' would be to you, unobvious, unlikely but YOU do not know.

If it happend to YOU too often, in different locations, and 8 people live in your house, and your electricity seems fine, and you are the only one who happens to blow the light bulbs all the time, ......and you know full well that every time you do it you are angry or deeply thinking worried, then you may believe its down to you..

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
bad light bulbs ? neva could eliminate that possibility.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I agree that the body can hold a static charge. In the winter here in Canada, the air is that dry that whenever anything is touched that is grounded the build up static electricity inside my body is discharged. This has happened hundreds of times. This is a fact.

I too have done lots of work on computers and although I dont have a grounding strap, I do discharge myself before touching the components of the computer. The charge that is build up inside the body is enough to short circuit the microscopic semiconductors inside the chip rendering it useless. Chips rin on a lo This is a fact.

I too agree that there is electrical activity within the body. There is evidence to show this. This too is a fact.

I do believe that light bulbs have popped in your presence. For you to notice it and to post it in this forum, it must have been ongoing for a while.

I cant accept you explanation about it.

I am not sure what you mean when you talk about deeper logic, but looking at the unobvious means that you would have to have ruled out every possilbe explanation with solid scientific proof. You say that your 'electricity seems fine'. That isnt solid proof. Please list the tests that you or your electrician conducted on your mains electricity to come to this conclusion?

I dont want to burst your bubble or anger you, but I dont believe that you have done enough tests to conclude that you have some special ability to pop light bulbs when you are angry. Without rational thought, research, tests and data analysis you are just chosing a solution that makes it look like you have special powers when there is probably a simple logical explanation for it, thats all.

I do believe that there are many unknowns about the world that we live in, but as time goes on and more research and studying is done more and more unknowns become known.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Sorry Im not the best writer I know but I didnt say I had 'special' abilitys. Depends how you define special, to the dictionary. Special is just different, you have abilitys others dont, did you ever think of that? This isnt much of a gift is it, blowing bulbs, if I could make it properly 'explode' at will that would be more satisfying.
but I cant.

If you can agree with basically most of what I said, as you did, then isnt it also logical to theorize just for a moment, even just to humour ourselves, that emotions and electrical activity in the body, brain, soul, spirit , mind (whichever) can maybe cause electrical interference and cause a light bulb to blow faster than it would normally?

Even if Im just talking about the static discharge effect? I dont know see, do you think static may do it? it still doesnt take away the fact Im stressed over something a bit too much when it does happen.. its too much cOiNcIdEnCe and I see no reason why linking 'mind and everything' should be hard to believe. I like science too so, mind is all science. ALL is ONE.. thats my logic.

Your last questions were.

1. Light bulb manufacturer is the same or different for all bulbs used?

Different bulbs different shops.

2. Wiring has been checked that it is to code and has been checked by a licensed electrician?

Need to doublecheck this one. We had a new meter update around 3 year ago, so shouldnt it be ok? We are replacing our kitchen now and need an electrician soon so I can get more info.

3. Are you in a detached/semidetached townhouse or apartment?

Its a house, 4 story, gardens, not detached.. not sure what I class it as? row of houses that used to have shop fronts.. which are now the front /living rooms generally. 150-200 yo - London UK

4. Age of the wiring in the structure?

We had it rewired 10-11 year ago as we moved in.

5. Other appliances on at the same time the lights are blowing?

I cant be in all places at once to know whats on with whom when I blow a light.. but the times when it has been empty house or bedtimes.. then all thats on is silly things like digital alarm clocks, videos?

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

In Norway I found a number of scarves and hats (as well as an apron I where at the computer) that are made from material that screens out electro-magnetic pollution, but for me I have found it very helpful to keep me from destroying yet another computer. Yes, when it is very dry static electricity is such a problem here for most anyone so grounding is very important for me.

Have you tried experimenting with using your left hand to turn on lights or using something else like a book to flip the switch or toggle the bar or press the button ... whatever ... and see if the same thing happens with the bulbs. That would be very interesting.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin

In Norway I found a number of scarves and hats (as well as an apron I where at the computer) that are made from material that screens out electro-magnetic pollution, but for me I have found it very helpful to keep me from destroying yet another computer. Yes, when it is very dry static electricity is such a problem here for most anyone so grounding is very important for me.

Have you tried experimenting with using your left hand to turn on lights or using something else like a book to flip the switch or toggle the bar or press the button ... whatever ... and see if the same thing happens with the bulbs. That would be very interesting.

Well I never really think about it quick enough I just turn the light on and instinctively I use my right, but others here still do it with the left.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I have one question and one final point and are as follows. Firstly, when does the light bulb blow? Is it when you turn it on? Turn it off? Or just when you get mad?

Secondly, it is not logical to pull theories out of mid air and claim that you make these things happen when there has been very little research done on the matter.

When I was a kid at school (I am originally from the UK) there was a kid that cried. He was very moody and stubborn. Incideltly whenever he cried it rained. We used to say that he caused it to rain. We associated his mood to the event. It turned out that it was raining anyway or inbetween showers when he cried.

In order for me to believe you a thorough examination of your environment would have to be carried out. All points made in the previous post would have to be investigated and ruled out.

Then there would have to be tests carried out under controlled circumstances. You the subject would have to turn lights on and off when in a happy jolly mood, and then when angry and vexed. Then a count of the lights blown in each scenario would determine whether you blow up the light bulbs when angry. The lights would have to be made at the same manufacturer and if possible the same batch. The electricity would have to be clean. All wiring would have to be good.

If a significant amount more bulbs blew when you were angry than when you were happy then and only then would there be further investigation. If not then there is an anomoly in the environment where the bulbs are blowing.

I am not skeptical that bulbs are blowing around you on a regular basis, but I am just questioning your explanations.

that emotions and electrical activity in the body, brain, soul, spirit , mind (whichever) can maybe cause electrical interference and cause a light bulb to blow faster than it would normally'

The electrical activity in the body wouldnt be enough to create a surge of electricity out of the body through the wiring and into the bulb to cause it to pop. If this were the case then this would happen all of the time with hand held torches.

Anyway you know where I stand on this now. I will agree to disagree with you on this matter.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This happens to me maybe 3 times a year, but when I was a teenager I was always very emotional and angered easily. literally like once or twice a month I would have street lamps fizzle when I approach, I never understood why. I dont walk a whole lot anymore, as now I'm a grown man with a wife, kid, job and car
I've always been a very deep thinker, so maybe it has something to do with brain activity, since when I'm walking, I tend to grind things over and over in my mind, it really does pass the time if you have to walk, an hour turns into what feels like a few minutes.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Ok no biggy but I keep on blowing light bulbs and It happens when I am stressed out or peed off bigtime. I have blown about 20 per year I have to get a draw load of bulbs at a time

It could be any room in the house and its not faulty wiring it doesn't even have to be my own house
One time I came home stressed (women ) lol.. and it was pouring with rain so I was soaked, turned on the light and POP! actually blew out of the holder! so loud tho that time I thought it exploded and I ducked for cover

I know this is a common one maybe, so anybody else here have electrical issues?

it's that powerful energy field that you draw around you when you incarnate into that body of yours. neat stuff. emotional responses just kinda "push" that field out to impact the world around you. i guess that's why the NWO is all about fear huh. though I think that in their case, they'll be hoping you blow a lot more than just a few bulbs

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimjamjerry

Ok no biggy but I keep on blowing light bulbs and It happens when I am stressed out or peed off bigtime. I have blown about 20 per year I have to get a draw load of bulbs at a time

It could be any room in the house and its not faulty wiring it doesn't even have to be my own house
One time I came home stressed (women ) lol.. and it was pouring with rain so I was soaked, turned on the light and POP! actually blew out of the holder! so loud tho that time I thought it exploded and I ducked for cover

I know this is a common one maybe, so anybody else here have electrical issues?

it's that powerful energy field that you draw around you when you incarnate into that body of yours. neat stuff. emotional responses just kinda "push" that field out to impact the world around you. i guess that's why the NWO is all about fear huh. though I think that in their case, they'll be hoping you blow a lot more than just a few bulbs

Elaborate for me?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

DNA Can Be Influenced And Reprogrammed By Words And Frequencies Russian DNA Discoveries.

The human DNA is a biological Internet and superior in many aspects to the artificial one. The latest Russian scientific research directly or indirectly explains phenomena such as clairvoyance, intuition, spontaneous and remote acts of healing, self healing, affirmation techniques, unusual light, auras around people, namely spiritual masters, the minds influence on weather patterns and much more.

Electronic devices like CD players and the like can be irritated and cease to function for hours. When the electromagnetic field slowly dissipates, the devices function normally again. Many healers and psychics know this effect from their work. The better the atmosphere and the energy, the more frustrating it is that the recording device stops functioning and recording exactly at that moment.

Look into this site, fascinating.

www.aquariusage.com...

Funny too cause today my hoover decided to cut out, wouldnt come on for an hour and no it didnt have a full bag and its a brand new hoover..

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeros

I am writing a book, and one of the subjects is about this. I am always going around taking data for my book. Many people I talk with want me to add their information in my book, because they thought they were the only ones. Cheers to people coming together and sharing.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I have just recently started to look up things like this that have puzzled me since i was a child,the blowing out of street lamps when you pass by, having to replace my watches because they would stop working after shortly buying them,printers and computers at work constantly turn on and off by themselves if i happen to touch them. and just recently the office was hot and the person who usually has control over changing the temp on the ac thermostat was very busy so i just went straight to it to decrease the temp and an arc of electricity about an inch touched the button before i could and blew the whole thing out, mind you they now have a box over it now under lock and key

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Yes I can not keep light bulbs. I bought four brand new energy efficient halogen light bulbs and with in minutes they burned out....I have noticed over the years it's always when I am pissed. So....my question is how can I stop this? I am not going to buy light bulbs weekly or monthly cuz I got a little irritated. And why does this happen??

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join