It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I keep blowing lightbulbs when Im vexed....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Ok no biggy but I keep on blowing light bulbs and It happens when I am stressed out or peed off bigtime. I have blown about 20 per year I have to get a draw load of bulbs at a time

It could be any room in the house and its not faulty wiring it doesn't even have to be my own house
One time I came home stressed (women ) lol.. and it was pouring with rain so I was soaked, turned on the light and POP! actually blew out of the holder! so loud tho that time I thought it exploded and I ducked for cover

I know this is a common one maybe, so anybody else here have electrical issues?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This happens to me alot too, always when I'm having a surge of stressfull/angry energy through my body/mind. I found it unexplainable as I'd blow a stupid amount of bulbs, even new ones. I've been alot calmer recently, so it's not happened so often but when it does, I'm convinced that I'm somehow having an affect. It's nice to know I'm not the only one.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Does it only happen when you switch it on or off?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
This happens to me alot too, always when I'm having a surge of stressfull/angry energy through my body/mind. I found it unexplainable as I'd blow a stupid amount of bulbs, even new ones. I've been alot calmer recently, so it's not happened so often but when it does, I'm convinced that I'm somehow having an affect. It's nice to know I'm not the only one.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by Xeros]

Hehe. Thanks, me too lot calmer. There was one time I blew one, replaced it, blew that, didnt have enough light bulbs so I asked someone else to replace it and turn the light on just in case, and it was ok

Hi PHOENIX

It only happens when I turn the light on

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sekhemet

Hi PHOENIX

It only happens when I turn the light on

This has happened to me many times too, but I always assumed it was just a bad bulb, I'm not quite sure I believe its anything more mysterious than that, but carry on discussing if you want, to see what we will find out.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Well I dont really expect to find out anything much. We can find how many people when vexed blow lightbulbs, cause it dont seem to happen any other time, negative energy.. all makes sense to me.

Bit too un'probable being a bad bulb considering the amount Ive gone through but I appreciate the angle, never thought of that myself.

Someone else just private messaged me with a freaky coincidence I asked him to post it here so, no doubt he will soon. I must head to bed soon Im just crazy up all night, not surprised I blow things up

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I've never really had a problem with lightbulbs but for some reason CD players don't stand a chance around me. I've been known to go through about two or three of them every year. I'm not sure why because I don't abuse them or anything like that. I take pretty good care of all my electronic devices so I'm not sure why it happens. I can't help but think it must have something to do with my aura.
I wish I could blow up lightbulbs and other things at will just by using my mind. I have this fantasy that one day when I'm really stressed out at work that I will be able to cause a mass disturbance by blowing out every light in the building...that and every other technological device. If I'm really stressed out maybe I could also make blood drip from the walls while I'm at it. That would make everybody panic. It will probably never happen but its nice to have dreams.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by Lightmare]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Try CFL's if you still have issues with blowing bulbs, Check your line voltage coming to your place. Do you live in an apartment building or below somebody? I happen to be a master electrician so this thread interest's me. There are numerous ways a light bulb can blow. I would like to hear what's actually going on with your electrical system.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
sod it I cant sleep Im wide awake..

Originally posted by Lightmare
I've never really had a problem with lightbulbs but for some reason CD players don't stand a chance around me. I've been known to go through about two or three of them every year. I'm not sure why because I don't abuse them or anything like that. I take pretty good care of all my electronic devices so I'm not sure why it happens. I can't help but think it must have something to do with my aura.
I wish I could blow up lightbulbs and other things at will just by using my mind. I have this fantasy that one day when I'm really stressed out at work that I will be able to cause a mass disturbance by blowing out every light in the building...that and every other technological device. If I'm really stressed out maybe I could also make blood drip from the walls while I'm at it. That would make everybody panic. It will probably never happen but its nice to have dreams.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by Lightmare]

You joker that was funny.
I logged it in memory tho, cdplayers. I guess all electrical devices can fit in here thats cool

HIGHFREQ

Glad to hear theres a 'sparks' on board (london UK lingo for electrician) not sure where you are from.

I have tried an assortment of bulbs but yknow what, havnt tried cfls so I will replace a few with those. I live in a 4 story house, not detached. Bare in mind Ive done it in other peoples homes too but only a few times. Ive been here 11 years.. and even at my old masonette for a few years before this... same thing.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I beleive you guys are whats called SLIders. Have you ever blown or causes street lights to go out momentarily while you are around them?

I posted something about this last week about my cousin causing lights to blow out and street lights to go out while she walked under them and stuff. Do a search for SLIders and I think it will explain what you guys can do!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by naossoan
I beleive you guys are whats called SLIders. Have you ever blown or causes street lights to go out momentarily while you are around them?

I posted something about this last week about my cousin causing lights to blow out and street lights to go out while she walked under them and stuff. Do a search for SLIders and I think it will explain what you guys can do!

OK interesting, heres a link explaining what he is talking about check it out paranormal.about.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq
Try CFL's if you still have issues with blowing bulbs, Check your line voltage coming to your place. Do you live in an apartment building or below somebody? I happen to be a master electrician so this thread interest's me. There are numerous ways a light bulb can blow. I would like to hear what's actually going on with your electrical system.

I thought this, as a rational explanation, but it has happened in three houses that I've lived in. Only when I switch them on and have a surge of, energy/stress happening at the same moment.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well, I'm having this problem since last 10 years and I've blown countless bulbs. Now that CFLs are within reach, I've replaced all lamps with CFLs.
Its difficult getting used to this light as it looks too artificial, but have no other options.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by naossoan

Sliders eh
thanks for that Ive never heard of it but yeah Ive heard of the street light people
cant say thats ever happened to me but Im going to go look into it on _Phoenix_ link there, cheers bud.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
Well, I'm having this problem since last 10 years and I've blown countless bulbs. Now that CFLs are within reach, I've replaced all lamps with CFLs.
Its difficult getting used to this light as it looks too artificial, but have no other options.

Welcome on board! Looks like I may have a half decent thread after all.

Sliding out.. cya all soon.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ok well Im reading about SLIders and its all mainly about street lights and I have not had any issues with those but then I dont go walking around enough to find out. I ride a bike so Im pretty quick

They do mention all kinda electrical issues aswel as CD players! But me Im just blowing lights when Im vexed and really deep in thoughts that I dont like having to be thinking.

Oh I see they maybe relating 'creative people' with this phenomenon, so how about you lot? Im creative, artwork and music etc.. and Im not doing any.. which is not good..

[edit on 8-9-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Sory Z I couldnt wait so Im posting your U2 to me Im sure you wont mind.

Check this out guys this is from a member to me >>

sent: 8-9-2007 at 06:00 AM
Man talk about werid....!!!!

I just opened your post, and guess what?

my light bulb just went pop!! Hmmm... I got chills...

I started making a public post.. Been then said, wait, I should take this up private so people dont think we are like the same person, we are not!!! And when I opened your #ing thread, my light bulb popped!!

We should talk more soon.. That made my night!!!

Zy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And when I saw Zysin5 profile, hes an artist too..

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I don't pop too many bulbs, well I did back in my parents house, I always had arguments with them and went into my room angry or stressed. I've had to change lightbulbs so many times in that room...havent had one go out at my new place though.
Theirs was a new house, so I dont think it was faulty wiring, plus it only happened in my room. Also, I dunno if this is normal or natural, Get me near rabbit ears (for TV), I can either disrupt communication or improve it pretty well. While I was driving my Previa, I had to put my hand on the antenna to get reception.... That bothered me a little, cuz I had no idea, but when Id remove my hand i'd lose reception. weird.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru
I don't pop too many bulbs, well I did back in my parents house, I always had arguments with them and went into my room angry or stressed. I've had to change lightbulbs so many times in that room...havent had one go out at my new place though.
Theirs was a new house, so I dont think it was faulty wiring, plus it only happened in my room. Also, I dunno if this is normal or natural, Get me near rabbit ears (for TV), I can either disrupt communication or improve it pretty well. While I was driving my Previa, I had to put my hand on the antenna to get reception.... That bothered me a little, cuz I had no idea, but when Id remove my hand i'd lose reception. weird.

Hi! The antenna and reception has always been a headache for me too, well I mean with the radio signal, (pirate ones I may add) but I thought everyone gets that, dont they?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sekhemet

Hi Sekhemet! You aren't alone. I'm one of those who blows up light bulbs by turning on switches, light bulbs blow up when I pass by, Street lamps go off when I walk or drive by, and sometimes electrical appliances come on by themselves when I'm nearby (the kind controlled by remote control).

Oh, and I can't wear a watch with a battery. The battery goes dead in contact with me after a little while, and remote controls go through batteries faster than one can imagine.

My grandmother told me that I had reverse electro-magnetism and my energy "danced" the opposite direction of most people. She said I was here in part to balance the energy that had become unbalanced on Earth. You can think her a great crazy woman but she was considered a genius in her field. I always took what she said seriously even though as a child I did not understand it. (She is one who insisted that people should sleep in rooms without electric wiring in the walls, ceiling or floors. She maintained it interfered with the body's need to connect with the electrical frequencies of the Earth.

I offer all of that hoping some of it may be of help to you or others who may think they are alone. Also, I do find that if I am very vexed or otherwise extremely emotional, these effects go up quite dramatically.

[edit on 8/9/07 by Pellevoisin]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join