It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Hannity's "Paulite" theory doesn't hold up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Sean Hannity referred to Ron Paul's supporters in his dismissal Fox's UVOTE text-in voting poll's results (which Ron Paul won in a landslide) as "Paulites." He said that they are voting more than once, which has been proven false. The other common claim is that these polls are unscientific and are based on optional participation, in which the "Paulites" gather unreasonably high supporters and have them all vote at once, like some kind of huge cult. They point to Gallup polls as being more accurate.

Now ask yourself this: Which is more akin to the US election process? Someone calling you and asking who you vote for? Or is it going out of your way to make your vote count (i.e. text-to-vote)? Statisticians know that participation bias is a factor to look out for, and it is more acute in actual elections than in Gallup polls. I feel confident that the larger degree of participation bias in polls such as Fox's text-in voting lead to a more accurate reflection of the active voter population's opinion on presidential candidate.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have 5 cell phones in my household. Only 2 belong to people that are old enough to vote.

2 + 2 = ?????

Sean Hannity (as usual) is right on this one!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
AH!

So the republicans, and Democrats with their own multitude of cell phones, still could not beat the poll by over voting. They had the same opportunity as everyone else.

Perhaps Ron Paul voters are less honest?
Maybe thats what is attracting them to such a "tell it like it is" guy?
Frankly, I don't think so.

I think Hannity was expecting republican support, which technically, he got.
But Giuliani wasn't number one..surprise!

join