It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldest worker in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Oldest worker in America

video.aol.com

He is 101 years old but Ray Jenkins of Vermont didn't take the Labor Day weeke...nd off from work. NECN's Anya Huneke has his story
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This is the kind of work ethic that made America great!

video.aol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The people in vermont have a great spirit. Love them!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Im glad he still has his health. But however something else that I have seen being a working stiff my self is when people finely stop working, they all to often die several months later. So that might be one more reason why he does not want to stop working.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I met a gentleman who was in the WWII Airborne rangers on Wednesday. He's just cruizin' the sidewalk as I went into the bookstore and we almost walked into each other's arms LOL because I was turning left and he was coming straight and inside, to my nine.

He recognized my hat, of all things!

Guy looked great, maybe I'd have guessed mid-80s; slim and trim. (of course; Airborne)

A friend gave me the hat, a distinctive black baseball cap.

Now, I had stopped wearing that hat, but by accident put it on. Actually I thought it was my other hat.

Very charming fellow. We chatted up 'dad's war stories' and he gave me the Airborn handshake.

Synchronicity?

Well the normal way I shake is to shake hands, then twist the hand in and shake thumb-to-thumb.

I'm already thinking at the time - whoa...

Turns out that's the Airborne handshake and he's laughing and saying 'oh yeah, good buddy, the Airborne shake. We did it like this. One time my chute didn't open until 60 feet above the ground, but we landed in a marsh. He says he got up and hugged his buddy like he was his brother.' (normally guys were more stoic back then).

Anyway, cool story...felt like this guy had been walking towards me since 1913, it was so purposeful.

Oh, yeah, the guy? He was 94!

[edit on 8-9-2007 by Badge01]

top topics

join