It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 14th all Navy Fighters and bombers Grounded!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Military admits bomber mistakenly flew nukes across country WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A B-52 bomber mistakenly carried six nuclear warheads on air-launched cruise missiles on a flight from North Dakota to Louisiana last week, prompting a major investigation, military officials have confirmed. The plane took the cruise missiles last Thursday from Minot Air Force Base to Barksdale Air Force Base for decommissioning, but the warheads should have been removed from the missiles before they were attached to the B-52, according to military officials. The crew was unaware that they were carrying nuclear weapons, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the extraordinary sensitivity and security surrounding the case. The mistake was discovered after the plane's six-hour flight to Louisiana. Lt. Col. Ed Thomas said that while the military does not publicly discuss nuclear weapons procedures, in this case the Air Force decided to acknowledge the incident in order to reassure the public. "The public was never in any danger," Thomas said. But officials also said the incident was a major breach of security rules surrounding nuclear weapons. One Air Force official said that he could not recall anything similar happening. The Air Force announced that all flights of fighters and bombers in the United States will be halted on Sept. 14 to allow for a review of procedures. --From Pentagon Correspondent Barbara Starr (Posted 11:56 a.m.)

External Source

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites that supports the thread; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as it relates to the thread.

[edit on 7/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Thats great a few of my friends are flying to Vegas that day. I guess the terrorists have free reign to fly into any building they chose that day!

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
FYI, this has already been posted and discussed in many threads over the last couple of days:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9/7/2007 by Gools]

join