It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capt Morgan and the Masonic Murder Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I know this is a touchy issue with most Freemasons, but I wanted to share with you some information that my friend uncovered during his research about the "murder" of Capt. William Morgan.

For those who don't know the story, the smallest bit of background info:

In western New York, near Rochester, a Masonic lodge was thought to conspire in the murder of a disruptive member. (This was a long time back, mind you.) The man, Capt. William Morgan, disappreaed after threatening to reveal Masonic secrets.

Since the mysterious disappearance happened, the Masons were blamed for murdering this man, and a great deal of anti-Masonic sentiment arose. The upheaval shut down a good number of the lodges in New York State, and the controversy touched nearly every American lodge in some way. Since that time, there has really only been speculation and heresay on both sides.

Most Masons see the case as shut and closed because they know that the concept of a Masonic murder conspiracy is simply ridiculous. However, they haven't been able to convince others very effectively because they didn't have much in the way of hard evidence. It should be noted that many anti-Masonic groups and individuals see the case as shut because they absolutely feel that the Masons were capable of shushing dissenters in order to retain their power.

My friend, Mike Keene, is a filmmaker who set out to cover this disappearance for a film he was making. He was allowed to investigate what had been the temple room in the former lodge. (It's a hotel and pub these days. The Masons now meet just across the street.) During his search, he and the current owner of the building found a hidden safe that apparently hadn't been touched since the Masons left the building.

What he found during his research, including the materials in the safe, very clearly absolves the Masons from the suspicion of wrong-doing. In fact, it brings into question whether the notorious Capt. William Morgan was murdered by anyone. (He seems to have been alive for a good 20 years after his disappearance!)

Mike (the filmmaker from Ad-Hoc Productions) has showed his independent film to groups of Masons to great reception. Most notably the current incarnation of the lodge that was accused of conspiring to murder Morgan has seen and loved the film -- and thanked Mike for producing it!

Check out www.ad-hoc-productions.com for more info about Capt. Morgan and the Masons.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
thanks for the link, this looks very interesting. I'll be sure to grab a copy soon.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystery_girl
What he found during his research, including the materials in the safe, very clearly absolves the Masons from the suspicion of wrong-doing. In fact, it brings into question whether the notorious Capt. William Morgan was murdered by anyone. (He seems to have been alive for a good 20 years after his disappearance!)

This is kind of how I feel it may have gone down, myself. I don't know one way or the other, but if Morgan was the type of guy he seems to be, faking his death and blaming it on the Masons would really trump what he was planning to do by producing a book of rituals.

Masonic Light knows more about it than I do, but I don't believe Morgan was ever even a Mason; he forged his documents in order to join the Royal Arch, having never been made a Master Mason. When Grand Lodge found out about this (the lodge he was supposed to be a member of did not exist), he was of course immediately expelled, and if I remember right this is when he started threatening to publish the ritual he had learned.

He was a Cowan, nothing more. Didn't deserve to die for it, of course, but still a cowan. Supposedly there is evidence that he faked his death and moved to Canada.

Believe it, or don't believe it.

Thanks for the link, I'll be sure to check it out whan I can.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
There was a two part article on this in the now defunct "Masonic Magazine" (www.masonicmagazine.com...) last year that was quite good. The conclusion of the author was that probably some of the Masons in Morgan's lodge did in fact kill him. I'm not an expert on the subject, but you can purchase electronic editions of the back issues on the MM site I believe, if you're interested. The article was very well researched.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Captain Morgan was seized by masons on 9/11 which co-incides with the beginning of the Coptic and Ethiopian calendar, which begins at sunrise on 9/11.

CAPTAIN WILLIAM MORGAN ... seized ... in the morning about sunrise, Sept. 11, 1826

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

The Morgan silver dollar was first issued in 1878, just 52 years after Captain Morgan was abducted.

Coincidently the terrorists also hijacked some planes at sunrise on 9/11.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
The Morgan silver dollar was first issued in 1878, just 52 years after Captain Morgan was abducted.

My husband collects coins. The Morgan dollar was named after the guy who carved it, George Morgan. George Morgan carved a lot of other coins because he was the Chief Engraver of the mint. Other coins have been named after the person who carved them (there's the "Barber dime", for example, named after Mr. Barber who carved it.)
en.wikipedia.org...

There are millions of people named Morgan and things that they do aren't related to the "notorious Captain Morgan." And lots of things happened on September 11 throughout the world.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Very cool- I will check out the site now. Thanks for the info.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Captain Morgan was seized by masons on 9/11...

[snip]

Coincidently the terrorists also hijacked some planes at sunrise on 9/11.

The implication being that Masons somehow masterminded or carried out the 9/11 attacks?!

Ppfffttt!!!

Aside from the complete and utter stupidity of that idea, the site you linked to as a "source" is a bottomless pit of garbage. It's all been hashed through here before, and, as usual, found to be mostly retarded drivel.

Hardly authoritative.

I'm not saying one way or the other about Morgan, but your implied accusation is both ridiculous and unfounded, not to mention highly offensive.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
And lots of things happened on September 11 throughout the world.

I can't wait to see his response when the Solar Eclipse happens this 9/11.

THE END IS AT HAND!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Also, while William Morgan had claimed to have once been a U.S. Army Captain, in reality, he was not, and his story was make-believe. He also had pretended to be a Freemason (which he was not).

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Also, while William Morgan had claimed to have once been a U.S. Army Captain, in reality, he was not, and his story was make-believe. He also had pretended to be a Freemason (which he was not).

In that case (and if the evidence really does show he was alive some years later), the he's the source of the anti-Mason conspiracy.

It's not impossible -- Josephine Tey wrote a book (Daughter of Time) where she announced evidence that Richard III had not murdered his nephews. Scholars looked into the evidence she found, and as a result history WAS changed. Richard has been mostly rehabilitated thanks to her book.

So, if the find can be verified by a bunch of professors or whatever, it could put a nice little end to a nasty little conspiracy of lies.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

So dark light, if it is as you say and Morgon was not a mason but a pretender, then why did the masons murder him?

[edit on 14-9-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

So dark light, if it is as you say and Morgon was not a mason but a pretender, then why did the masons murder him?

Have you read this thread? There is no evidence that Morgan was murdered, either by Masons or anyone else. He was spotted many years later living in the Caribbean.

Morgan never was a Mason. This much at least is historical fact. He apparently blackmailed a Mason into vouching for him, and began to attend that lodge regularly, as well as other local ones. He has also began to live off of Masonic charity.

Eventually, Morgan signed a petition with several other local Masons to form a Chapter of Royal Arch Masons in Batavia. It was then, upon investigation, that the Grand Royal Arch Chapter of New York discovered that the Lodge Morgan claimed to belong to did not exist (and never did). The local Masons were notified, Morgan was banned from the Lodges, and they withdrew his weekly payments.

In retaliation, Morgan threatened to publish an expose of the order's rituals if they did not pay him off. They refused, and what followed is still being debated.

It is of course possible that some of the folks whom Morgan had swindled murdered him. But no real evidence exists other than circumstantial. Since Morgan was a professional con man, it is just as possible that he faked his death, or at least his disappearance, in order to generate controversy, and sell more books.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Have you read this thread? There is no evidence that Morgan was murdered, either by Masons or anyone else. He was spotted many years later living in the Caribbean.

Morgan never was a Mason. This much at least is historical fact. He apparently blackmailed a Mason into vouching for him, and began to attend that lodge regularly, as well as other local ones. He has also began to live off of Masonic charity.

Eventually, Morgan signed a petition with several other local Masons to form a Chapter of Royal Arch Masons in Batavia. It was then, upon investigation, that the Grand Royal Arch Chapter of New York discovered that the Lodge Morgan claimed to belong to did not exist (and never did). The local Masons were notified, Morgan was banned from the Lodges, and they withdrew his weekly payments.

In retaliation, Morgan threatened to publish an expose of the order's rituals if they did not pay him off. They refused, and what followed is still being debated.

It is of course possible that some of the folks whom Morgan had swindled murdered him. But no real evidence exists other than circumstantial. Since Morgan was a professional con man, it is just as possible that he faked his death, or at least his disappearance, in order to generate controversy, and sell more books.

new topics

top topics

join