It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Video Discussion and Updates

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
A difference of opinion is one thing. Calling someone who was responsible for the deaths of 3,000 a "hero," is quite another. I would suggest that, had you lost someone important to you on 9/11/01, you might take vehement exception to such commentary.

Night Watchman, YOU HAVE ZERO PROOF that OBL "was responsible for the deaths of 3,000".

Until you have proof that he was, you are judging someone. This is far more worthy of DEATH.

That shall not judge others!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Ahemmmmm

As Gazz noted before this is a lively topic so...

Please stay on topic

Please do not attack each other

Please have a good time

Now back to the topic

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

Bravo!

I'd be hard pressed to put it any better.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
For those who preach peace and understanding, let's be real. Has there ever been peace and undertstanding in this world? Even here, between all of the people in our country, the country of freedom?

Oh, yeah...maybe from the American Indians. Where are they now?

Humans are just screwed up, plain and simple. It's time to embrace that.

If anybody does anything to hurt the people I love, I don't see how there can be peace. It's easy to want peace and understanding when members of your family, or your wife, or your kids have not been blown up. If something bad happens and hits close to home, you're not going to want peace.

I was born American. There's no escaping it. If you threaten my girlfriend, my car, my salary, my TV and my awesome standard of living, I'm going to fight for it. The stuff about me they hate, or think is unholy, or secretly want for themselves is all I know.

I swear...All of those people who preach understanding have never been persecuted. They've never had to fight for what they have, or have been truly despised. I say "Understand people who understand you!" If some group doesn't like my way of life, I don't like there's.

And in the end, I'll fight to protect my way of life. That's the American Way.

What will you do when the crap goes down?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11

A difference of opinion is one thing. Calling someone who was responsible for the deaths of 3,000 a "hero," is quite another. I would suggest that, had you lost someone important to you on 9/11/01, you might take vehement exception to such commentary.

Night Watchman, YOU HAVE ZERO PROOF that OBL "was responsible for the deaths of 3,000".

Until you have proof that he was, you are judging someone. This is far more worthy of DEATH.

That shall not judge others!

Just let it go mate, it's not worth it. Sometimes people just won't agree with you, I do but maybe the next guy never will. We would all be better served by looking at the facts and for the truth than bickering about it.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Heres the problem with this kinda stuff... U kill Osama Bin Laden, another person would take his place... kill the guy which took his place... another guy would take that guys place. The only way to stopping all this terrorism crap is to brainwash these guys and wipe them off the history book incase another guy comes along and goes "hey this is pretty kool... maybe i should become the new BIn laden."

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Thanks Gazz and Fred.

On topic:

The video was obtained early yesterday by U.S. intelligence officials and was first made public on the Web site of the SITE Institute, a D.C.-based nonprofit group that studies terrorist organizations. The circumstances of its release were unusual: No copy of the video had appeared on Islamic Web sites as of yesterday, as has been the norm for past al-Qaeda videos. A spokesman for SITE declined to comment on how it obtained the most recent video.

Washington Post

Does this mean anything???

Edit to add:
Highlighting in article added by me.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by otherhalf]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by a-stupid-dvd-case
Heres the problem with this kinda stuff... U kill Osama Bin Laden, another person would take his place... kill the guy which took his place... another guy would take that guys place. The only way to stopping all this terrorism crap is to brainwash these guys and wipe them off the history book incase another guy comes along and goes "hey this is pretty kool... maybe i should become the new BIn laden."

Maybe the only way terrorist stuff will go away is with Time, I guess maybe if we try to ignore it, no talking about it much in news, having not too many documentary's about it etc, just let is disappear from our minds, and over time it will be a thing of the past, BUT we are living in a forever changing world, by that time we will most likely have some other stupid problem to deal with, theres always going to be crazy people

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

what kind of shat? Like a terrorist act? Or us attacking Iran?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrOOpieS
Especially for the American's on ATS, we need to remember the writings of our OWN constitution. Freedom of speech is a great thing; also causes many to become aggitated/stressed by someone who does not think like they do.

-Droops

Our Constitution guarantees that each of us has the right to express our opinions freely without fear of retribution from the authorities. No one here has suggested that those who think differently than we should be silenced.

So, while I understand your point, I think it important to understand that taking issue with another's comments, no matter how un-civil it may be, is not in opposition to our Constitution.

So lets get this straight....American intervention over the last 50 years has systematically and intentionally overthrew reformist, democratic governments, replacing them with tyrants and dictators of America's choosing. In each case replaced these governments with pro-capitalist military regimes that opened up their markets, resources, and cheap labor and resulting in the deaths of millions of innocent people.

Yet you have the nerve to judge someone who supports Bin Laden. Wow.

I am not suprised the only way the rest of the world can get through to *some* Americans is by flying planes into the WTC (assuming of course that was even Bin Laden's doing) if that is the level of insight you possess.

As i have said many times, i am however aware not all Americans happily eat up everything their Government and corporate owned media feeds them.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by the titor experience

Hmmm...so I guess those 3000 people deserved to die? I see you are from Australia...I think we know how AQ feels about your involvement in Iraq. Does that mean you think it fair for thousands of your citizens to be murdered?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Yes i am from Australia but i do not see the relevance of that.

If we blindly follow America into a war based on false pretences, as we have done, then i think it is safe to say we are increasing our risk as a target of terrorism.

Do innocent people deserve to die? Of course not.

Did America expect there to be no repercussions to their consistent murder of innocent people over the last 50 years? Apparently, judging by your response, some Americans did think the rest of the world would ignore it.

Wakey wakey my friend.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

But Bin Laden doesn't really follow Islam. He just uses it as a front to rally people into terrorism. The man, at heart, is just a terrorist, and he's going to Hell. (Regardless of crimes commited by any other parties, for those who might try to compare him)

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by the titor experience

Do innocent people deserve to die? Of course not.

Did America expect there to be no repercussions to their consistent murder of innocent people over the last 50 years? Apparently, judging by your response, some Americans did think the rest of the world would ignore it.

The rest of the world didn't murder 3000 innocent people. An organization of murderous pigs did. They are paying and will continue to pay for it.

As for the rest of the world, I would be in favor of the US spending it's military and financial aid resources at home. Then the rest of the world can deal with their own problems for once and our blood will not be shed because another country is too weak or frightened to defend itself.

I will remind you that Europe would be a far different place had we taken the road I suggest back in the 1940's. So we agree. The US should stop getting involved in the affairs of other countries. We can save billions of dollars and take care of every single citizen of our own country.

Then, should countries choose to take action that we believe to be threatening to our national security, we will deal with them swiftly and with all of the power of our military. We dont seem to have the stomach for that anymore. We would need to change that.

So I'm fine with this. You guys can solve our own problems for once. Good luck with that.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Just like George Bush is not really a bible following Christian.

The last time i checked, Jesus never actually ordered his followers or anyone else to invade countries or pass legislation which legalise the use of torture.

Bin Laden going to hell? He will be sitting at the same table as Bush

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Hmmm...so I guess those 3000 people deserved to die? I see you are from Australia...I think we know how AQ feels about your involvement in Iraq. Does that mean you think it fair for thousands of your citizens to be murdered?

No you don't know how AQ(sic) feels about it. It is an unpopular subject here and has nothing at all to do with the thread topic which is about the release of a new OBL video which apparently contains no overt threats.

Have you read the transcript? Would you like to talk about it???

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Whoever his company may be, Bin Laden is going to Hell.

And if anything happens to my family, friends and baby here in good old America, home of Superman, MTV and Jessica Alba (and two million other things I cannot live without) I'm going to be really pissed off!...And I'm going to do more than write a strongly-worded blog post!

You know why? Cause I'm not converting to Islam. I like scantilly clad women, lap dances, first person shooters, and Big Macs. I'm not into praying three times a day, and I don't feel like wearing a skirt or a head covering.

Come on, Men! Stand up for your way of living!

THIS IS SPARTA!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Simplistic analysis, at best.

What you fail to appreciate, is that Bin Laden is a creation of America. Do you forget that your country trained and funded him?

Or do you forget being a major backer and ally of Saddam Hussein?

America picks and chooses her allies when it is convenient to her, and ignores the reality of what some of their allies are doing when it is convenient to America.

What we all know, is that America CANNOT leave the rest of the world alone now. Their are too many corporate interests overseas to protect and that my friend, is the real reason you do not leave the rest of the world alone. Your Government (and i am sad to say Australia's is following the same path) is controlled by private interests.

If you honestly believe the invasion of Afghanistan or Iraq was to fight terrorism or to find justice for the 3,000 people killed on September 11 then.....well.......maybe it is best you just keep watching fox news huh?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by the titor experience

If you honestly believe the invasion of Afghanistan or Iraq was to fight terrorism or to find justice for the 3,000 people killed on September 11 then.....well.......maybe it is best you just keep watching fox news huh?

I don't watch Fox News don't let the truth stand in the way. Iraq was not about 9/11. Afghanistan was a direct and completely justifiable reaction to the attacks of 9/11. At the time, we had the support of most of the world in taking that action.

Well, all but Islamist murdering pigs and a certain segment of the world's population looking splended in their shiny tin foil hats.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

I dont want you to convert to islam either.

I dont want anyone to convert to anything they dont want you.

But unfortunately the MTV "everything is disposable" lifestyle will be gone soon - and if it isn't a terrorist whose nation is oppressed by having to support Western Countries resource wasteful lifestyle who forces change upon us, you can bet your butt it will be mother nature's doing.

Change is coming, one way or another.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join