It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Video Discussion and Updates

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
badwolf, I hear what youre saying. But what people here are saying, or trying to say/imply, is a moral equivlency is in play, or worse, quite lopsided. America (F- Yeah!) is responsible for more misery in the world than some hobbled guy on a cane in a mountain cave. The real evil is Dick Cheney.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by pluckynoonez]

[edit on 8-9-2007 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuasiShaman
Did you all actually read the transcript of what he is saying?

It makes perfect sense to me!

OBL prefers peace! He implied the (previous) attacks on America are retaliations for us being over there and killing his perceived kinfolk. Supporting Israel is not helping matters either.

All we have to do to win the "war on terror" is leave! Leave the Middle East area as a occupying, murdering force. Academic!

that makes perfect sense since he proclaimed death to america before we invaded afghanistan/iraq and bombed targets outside of us soil multiple times prior to said occupation.
/sarcasm

his words on the bush administration were well heard, however beware of such cleverness, sidhartha. he interchanges religion and capitolism, citing the seperation of church and state as blasphemous. clever propaganda but not effective against my tin foil hat (sic).

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
This is a "just got off the phone with" post. You can believe it or not. But I just got off the phone with my friend who is a retired air force pilot. We talked about these 2 things

www.newsmax.com...

and this

www.msnbc.msn.com...

and he said how absurd both stories are. How impossible it was to first fly a bomber with nukes on it (much less tell the public about it) and then the stand down order when hightend security is supposively important. He doesnt follow this stuff, but I told him all about it this evening, and he said he would not be surpirsed if the shat hit the fan next week.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuasiShaman
Did you all actually read the transcript of what he is saying?

It makes perfect sense to me!

OBL prefers peace! He implied the (previous) attacks on America are retaliations for us being over there and killing his perceived kinfolk. Supporting Israel is not helping matters either.

All we have to do to win the "war on terror" is leave! Leave the Middle East area as a occupying, murdering force. Academic!

I generally agree with that, as far as we just need to leave and quit meddling around in the Middle East. However, I wouldn't go as far as to say that his words promote peace. I'd say it is more like he is offering peace on his terms. He uses the same tactics to provoke war as our government does. It's called Propaganda.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
that makes perfect sense since he proclaimed death to america before we invaded afghanistan/iraq and bombed targets outside of us soil multiple times prior to said occupation.

Bin Ladin's concern is not simply Iraq and Afghanistan, hence it seems you are forgetting an important event in our not so distant past: the second Gulf War.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Okay, back to the beard... it looks fake to me. Has anyone mentioned yet the possibility that he might be hiding out in a part of the world where he would 'stand out' by wearing it like that? I mean, if the whole world was looking for you, wouldn't you try to change your appearance? Maybe he's clean shaven now and hiding where wearing a beard is not the norm... like Indonesia. Just a thought...

Both Saddam and Kalid Sheik Mohammed were captured looking completely different than the pictures we all saw on TV darn near every day.

[edit on 9/8/2007 by ElectRon41]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Yet another illinformed poster. I was not, in any way, commenting on the Muslim religion. I was speaking specifically about Bin Laden and his followers who do not follow the tenets of the Muslim faith. They twist the words to justify cold blooded murder.

I would suggest that you also educate yourself before commenting on the posts of others.

Night Watchman,

This is what you said.

We need ti kill as many of them as humanly possible. With each Islamist death, the world becomes a better place.

Saying that the world would be a better place with each "Islamist" death, is a sacrilegious comment. Which is the reason I was calling you sacrilegious.

en.wikipedia.org...

Those labeled Islamists often, if not always, oppose use of the term, maintaining they are simply Muslims.

So it appears you WERE talking about the Muslim religion. It also appears YOU need to educate YOURSELF.

p.s. sit down

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 11 11

I suppose it shouldn't surprise me that you would use Wikipedia as a research tool. You do know that if you attempted to use that as a source for a high school or college paper it would be disallowed.

So please think twice before you use it as a reputable source.

I was quite clear in my post as to what I mean when I used the term "Islamist." You choose to ignore it. That is your right but it exposes you as intellectually dishonest.

If you want to continue this discussion please do your homework. My six year old is more well informed than you seem to be.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Ok i might as well put my moneys worth in here, first of all, it doesnt matter as much of the content of this video but its existence and timing, to me this is definitely either a sleeper cell wake up or put into effect plans video.

I mean first of all much of what he is saying as far as telling Americans to convert has been said before and he also mentioned in more detail before how he intended to damage the economy, so to me I think something is up, the thing is i heard he denied doing it immediately after the initial attacks, he made a statement about it, I wish I could find it because I recall that happening.

Anyhow here he is paying hommage to the 19 hijackers, but I mean if he had nothing to do with it and yet he is giving hommage he is not really saying he was responsible though so it just leave you confused, especially being the egotist he appears to be, it would seem he would have expounded on his role or talked about it other than his general ramblings or even his sidekick Zawahiri seems he would have definitely talked more, why not admit it, especially since no one would believe otherwise.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by phinubian]

link   
Once again.

This is an emotional issue for many here, please focus on the topic not other members. Keep it civil... and on topic!

Discuss and debate the topic not other members.

Thanks.

link   
--back on subject--

I want to take it on my behalf to support Agent Violets opinion of OBL.

First off, in AMERICA, there is this saying:

"Innocent Until Proven Guilty"

As far as I am concerned, there was NEVER a trial, nor any evidence, nor any proof, that OBL was responsible for 9/11. There for, it would be TOTALLY UN-AMERICAN to think OBL is guilty.

Second, even after 9/11, after all the deaths, and problems, OBL has still found the time to use his position in life to PREACH TO THE ENTIRE WORLD ABOUT ISLAM.

Since when is it NOT honorable to preach your religion?
Since when is it NOT honorable to use your position, and fame, to reach the entire world with one message?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mushroom Fields Forever

You all are smart enough to understand when OBL said 'embrace Islam' to end the war ... that doesn't mean 'convert to Islam' ... something completely different.

I think he meant ... wake up and see that 'Islam' isn't the enemy. If you embrace Islam (as the United States used to once 'embrace' people from all countries and religions) ... then the War Against Islam will seem foolish in our eyes. We will no longer see the reason to fight people who are defending their land. We are occupiers in the Middle East, whether you want to admit it or not. We are benefiting from their oil ... or I should say, our oil companies are benefiting from their oil.

If a group of people from our country (you could call this group WhiteSand, GreenWood, you get the picture), struck another country (let's act like this hasn't happened a lot by black ops and other programs run by 'intelligence' agencies) and then that country (the extremists crazies attacked) came here and retaliated against our people, maybe, singling out (for the sake of discussion) atheists ... then an atheist leader said, if the citizens of the invading country would just embrace atheism/atheists ... then they would see there is no point in the war, all atheists aren't bad ... either that, or we will continue to fight tooth and nail to defend our homeland and the homeland of those who may not believe the same as us, but live in the same region. This doesn't include the fact of a false flag from the invading country, to attack us for needed resources ... but the idea works very similarly. Oh, let us add ... the leaders of the invading country used to be friends with people they put in power over here ... then executed them. That is a nice point as well. perspective

It is sad we are just mice in a sick and twisted game played upon the world's stage. The truth ... is what you are fed. If you realize all of your knowledge, even the stuff which is true, is learned, it is easier to break free from the mundane b.s. shoved down our throats.

If you teach your kid blue is green from the beginning ... it is green to them.

If you hear Islam and Arabics are evil enough times, you believe it (especially if you hadn't known any or anything about them previously).

Well, remember, they hear we are evil a lot too ... it is all perspective.

It is sick our nations leaders are profiling and stereotyping whole cultures and regions.

Step away from it all and see the real picture.

we are all equal, we are all the same, we are all human, stop the hate, stop the violence, embrace each of our differences and we can live together in harmony

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I haven't seen the text of the full video. Did anybody see a phrase repeated three times, such as:

Originally posted by aecreate

Originally posted by otherhalf
Quote from blogs.abcnews.com

There is no additional information provided in the ad, and it closes with the words, "Soon -- God willing," written across the screen and repeated several times.

From what I counted in the video clip that phrase was shown three times at the end. Reminds me of other recently released videos (of which I can't find links to immediately...will go search some more).

(7-13-07) Signal to Attack? Worries Over Latest al Qaeada Tape
Zawahiri:
Have I not conveyed? Oh God be my witness.

(7-14-07) Newly Released Bin Laden Video Calls for Martyrdom
Osama:
I would love to attack and be martyred,
then attack again and be martyred,
then attack again and be martyred.

And now we have the third:
Soon -- God willing

from this page:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

First we have a "Big Surprise" and now a "Special Gift".

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I suppose it shouldn't surprise me that you would use Wikipedia as a research tool. You do know that if you attempted to use that as a source for a high school or college paper it would be disallowed.

So please think twice before you use it as a reputable source.

You know, it shouldn't surprise me that you wouldn't use ANY research tools at all. You do know that if you attempted to NOT USE ANY sources for a high school or college paper it would cause you to FAIL.

So please think twice before you DON'T use a source.

dictionary.reference.com...

islamist

noun
1. a scholar who knowledgeable in Islamic studies
2. an orthodox Muslim

Is WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University good enough for your high school?

If you want to continue this discussion please do your homework. My six year old is more well informed than you seem to be.

If your six year old is more informed than me, then I HIGHLY SUGGEST that you remove yourself from your computer, and place her behind the computer. So we can actually have intelligent conversations coming from your household.

p.s. I used wikipedia so YOU would learn. Not me.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It's really disappointing when a thread goes from discussing the meaning behind OBL's latest "press conference", to a giant pissing match between people who think that declaring their "patriotism" really makes someone want to change their OWN point of view.

Some of us here need to accept the fact that some people have views that will differ from our own. So be it. Don't chastise the person for whether or not they "bleed red white and blue", or think OBL is a "hero" figure. Especially for the American's on ATS, we need to remember the writings of our OWN constitution. Freedom of speech is a great thing; also causes many to become aggitated/stressed by someone who does not think like they do.

Come on people, get a grip. Instead of picking sides and trying to polarize people, let's come together as a community. You cannot change the world if you continue to have in-fighting within your own ranks.

Just a thought...

-Droops

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrOOpieS
Especially for the American's on ATS, we need to remember the writings of our OWN constitution. Freedom of speech is a great thing; also causes many to become aggitated/stressed by someone who does not think like they do.

-Droops

Our Constitution guarantees that each of us has the right to express our opinions freely without fear of retribution from the authorities. No one here has suggested that those who think differently than we should be silenced.

So, while I understand your point, I think it important to understand that taking issue with another's comments, no matter how un-civil it may be, is not in opposition to our Constitution.

A difference of opinion is one thing. Calling someone who was responsible for the deaths of 3,000 a "hero," is quite another. I would suggest that, had you lost someone important to you on 9/11/01, you might take vehement exception to such commentary.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

I'm not trying to pick sides. It is just disturbing to myself that the massive amount of inteligent conversation here in the ATS community is being brought to a seemingly all out war of words. There is no reason for us to get this worked up because of what someone said. I understand that 9/11 is a sensitive subject to a lot of people. To some, maybe it isn't so much anymore. I would just like to see what kind of conclusion we can get to about this video.

Moving on....

I found it interesting that "Tim Osman" was the name given to OBL back in the day by the CIA. Also, the whole beard theory has a little meat on it's bones. Maybe it is fake and he is hiding out somewhere else in the world. You never know these days.

-Droops

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
hey watchman....so she thinks he is a hero...friggin drop it..

put her on ignore so you never have to be bothered by her posts...

it's really annoying cause you've said the same thing about 5 times now..

he is scum
she thinks he is hero
she=bad

give it a rest

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

Everyone should read this persons post! It is by far in my opinion the best post yet here on this thread. its long but it should all be read. This post makes more sense then anything ive read in awhile. finally someone said what needed to be said thank you for taking your time and posting that message.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by xHADEEZx
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

Everyone should read this persons post! It is by far in my opinion the best post yet here on this thread. its long but it should all be read. This post makes more sense then anything ive read in awhile. finally someone said what needed to be said thank you for taking your time and posting that message.

I agree, nice post, thanks for posting.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join