It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Video Discussion and Updates

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Osama Bin Laden Video Contains 'No Overt Threats'

www.foxnews.com

CAIRO, Egypt — Usama bin Laden appeared for the first time in three years in a new videotape Friday, telling Americans they should convert to Islam if they want the war in Iraq to end, according to a transcript obtained by ABC News.

The videotape appeared to have been recently made, since bin Laden refers to the Democratic victory in Congress and to French President Nicolas Sarkozy, who was elected in May
(visit the link for the full news article)

Video Clips:

www.dailymotion.com...

video.google.com... (Full Length)

www.cnn.com...

Video Transcript:

www.foxnews.com... (pdf File)

Related ATS Discussion:

Bin Laden To Address the USA ON 9/11 anniversary

New Bin Laden Video Surfaces

www.abovetopsecret.com...

MAJOR DEVELOPMENT:
Bin Laden Video May Be Fake!

Latest Bin Laden Video Is a Forgery?

President Bush on the new Bin Laden video:

Member posts controversial opinions and commentary on Osama Bin Laden:

www.abovetopsecret.com

Bin Laden Video a Forgery?

Bin Laden video transcript oddity

About the beard:

Adam Pearlman Behind New Bin Laden Video?

The reinvention of al-Qaeda

Most Recent Thread Post:

[edit on 10-9-2007 by SkepticOverlord]

[edit on 11-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
There you have it, no new threats. Stand down all nuclear weapons. Stop the paranoia, and move on.

Osama is simply urging Americans to convert to Islam.

What a nice guy.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I read in the article that all the radical islamic website went down. The tape might be a signal for an attack. All the other tapes made some sort of threat and for this tape not to just seems a little out of charactor for him.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Nothing hits harder at the weak-minded than religion.

I love how OBL/shadow government connects Islam with not paying taxes.

Oh, and let's throw in that reference to the French prez just so everyone knows that it's recent, we wouldn't want anyone to not get their fear booster shot.

Peace

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

There are two solutions to stopping it. One is from our side, and it is to escalate the fighting and killing against you. This is our duty, and our brothers are carrying it out," bin Laden said.

"The second solution is from your side," he said. "I invite you to embrace Islam."

"It will also achieve your desire to stop the war as a consequence, because as soon as the warmongering owners of the major corporations realize that you have lost confidence in your democratic system and have begun to look for an alternative, and this alternative is Islam, they will run after you to please you and achieve what you want to steer you away from Islam," he said.
"

Yahoo..

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
U/Osama bin laden is a great hero of mine.
With that said, speculation on the meanings of the newly released tape will be ongoing for quite some time, I presume. It is hard to know for sure what was meant exactly, but I guess that time will reveal its underlying intentions.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think this is a good example that what we're doing in Iraq, or who our leaders are have nothing to do with Al Queda gunning for us. They're gunning for us because we're not Islam. That's why they hit the WTC back when Clinton was president. It was totally unprovoked, and merely because we're not of their religion. This video tape by OBL proves it.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

Osama is your HERO!!!!!
:flameI do hope you are being sarcastic......

Anyway, the video appears real, according to media sources, something that has shocked me. I thought the old man was long dead. I am a little concerned about Tuesday now

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

OBL, who was reportedly rambling quite a bit, went on to praise Noam Chomsky

Source.

He goes on to call Noam Chomsky “among one of the most capable of those from your own side,”

Source.

Does anyone else think his reference to Noam Chomsky is a little weird?

I always thought there was much value in a lot of Chomsky's work, I wonder how people will react to him and his work now that he has received praise from Bin Laden.

[edit on 7/9/07 by Implosion]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by XFoxMulderX
I am a little concerned about Tuesday now

I am wondering how pissed Osama is right now that the US obtained this video, basically denying him his wish to have it released on Tuesday?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
foxmulder(sp?), no sarcasm here.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I doubt he's very angry about it. He should be happy we air his ramblings at all. If we were smart, none of his rhetoric would get aired at all, and he'd basically be just like a little boy stamping his feet in the corner that no one is paying attention to. The fact he gets his voice heard plays right into his hands.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
U/Osama bin laden is a great hero of mine.

i'll bite...i'm curious now....care to explain why or is this one of thise things you can't reveal? just saying....would be interesting to know....pm if you want...will keep it private.

that said, i don't give a rats balls about bin laden....tired of hearing his name. far more worried about my gov than i am him or any of his cronies

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I also find this interesting, though I can't vouch for the veracity of the claim:

Characteristically, no one is picking up on the significance of the dye job. The Shafi'i school of Islamic jurisprudence forbids men and women to dye their hair black "except when the intention is jihad...as a show of strength to unbelievers" ('Umdat al-Salik e.4.4). Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi, in his The Lawful and the Prohibited in Islam, says essentially the same thing: "Some of the early Muslims, including some sahabah [companions of Muhammad] such as Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas, 'Uqbah ibn 'Amr, al-Hassan, al-Hussein, Jarir, and others permitted the use of black dye. Some scholars, on the other hand, do not consider the use of black dye as permissible except during time of war, when the enemy might be impressed by the fact that all the soldiers of the Muslim army look young."

Source.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Implosion

that is very damn interesting.....

the only clue 'they' needed to see maybe?

black beard=go
gray beard=no go
???

meh

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
That source is Jihad Watch.

So he had to hit the Grecian formula because it's time for Jihad. I'm glad Jihad Watch was able to fill us in on that, just in case we had any questions.

Peace

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
There you have it, no new threats. Stand down all nuclear weapons. Stop the paranoia, and move on.

Osa

Well now there seems to be differing thoughts on that he certainly did make threats although they were only sutle ones.

Elusive Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden vows to step up the battle to end the war in Iraq in a new video which contains references suggesting it was made recently, US media reported Friday.

Snip

"The first is from our side, and it is to continue to escalate the killing and fighting against you," bin Laden says, according to the transcript published by ABC

Source AFP

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So who does one believe Chicken Noodle News, fox? or ABC they all have various observations but to say there is no overt threats is wrong as I see it.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Amongst other things, he has a great deal of bravery and remarkable leadership. In my opinion he also posesses a vast amount of loyalty to his followers, and I view him as being highly honorable.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

White House deputy press secretary Tony Fratto called the tape "a reminder to everyone that terrorists are out there and they are actively trying to kill Americans and threaten our interests."

www.foxnews.com...

what interests, i couldn't possibly remember if we had any interests prior to the September 11 attacks...wait omg can he be talking about usa interest in oil, or establishing a permanent base in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

ok...right on man....thanks for answering

*not gonna jump your ass....sure you'll get some though...rock on

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join