It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Code in our DNA? "God eternal within the body". Proof of intelligent design?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I just watched this interview by a scientist named Gregg Braden who claims that we have a hidden code in our DNA. He says that it took 12 years to crack just the first layer which reads:

"God Eternal Within the Body"

I would have to assume that they're working on deciphering more of it, but I just thought that this might be an interesting topic. What would this code mean when it says "God"?

Here is the link to the interview. Very interesting stuff.

www.consciousmedianetwork.com...

Any thoughts?

[edit on 7-9-2007 by bigbert81]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is a interesting film, very interesting work about the DNA.
I recommend everyone to watch this film, whether you think it is bogus or
whether you are very spiritual.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What the code means is that people will see what they want to see where ever they want to see it. Doesn't make it true. I don't believe in the bible code either.

If there was a god, and it wanted to reveal itself to people, I think it would be easier to do it without hiding it in our DNA and then waiting millions of years for us to have the knowledge to de-code it.

And I'd like to know: has this person applied his "code" to other DNA, say that of a pig, or a fish?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
What the code means is that people will see what they want to see where ever they want to see it. Doesn't make it true. I don't believe in the bible code either.

If there was a god, and it wanted to reveal itself to people, I think it would be easier to do it without hiding it in our DNA and then waiting millions of years for us to have the knowledge to de-code it.

And I'd like to know: has this person applied his "code" to other DNA, say that of a pig, or a fish?

Uggggh. Did you even watch the video at all? Does it matter that they have spent 12 years deciphering this code? We're looking at scientists here, not priests that are researching into it. You seem to be just riding this off as some religious people making this up because you are so dead set on there not being a God. Maybe we could just ignore the fact that this translation has come across in ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, Sanskrit, and Arabic.

Also, it does not mean that the Christian God has revealed himself. Like I said before, God might have different meanings. You would have to define God. That is basic Philosophy. I do not think that it proves a Christian God, I do believe that it shows very strong evidence for some kind of intelligent design.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Any other feedback from someone who has seen the interview? 94 views, and only a couple of responses doesn't quite seem right...

Edn

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
so 20 minutes into the video we finally get to the question and well.. there really wasn't much in it at all. He apparently is able to translate DNA into any language he wants and have it say the same thing. He does have some good points though.

I'd like to see exactly how he does it because right now it sounds a lot like the bible code stuff that was going around before. I have a feeling you could probably translate that DNA into "want fries with that"

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Edn

Actually, he's figured that for the numbers to correlate with the ancient letters in the manner they do, it would be 1 in 256,000.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I did watch it, with a barf bag in hand, got through it without being bored to sleep, but only just.

I live near Berkeley. I hear this kind of dreck from people all the time. I call New Age "newage" (rhymes with sewage) for a reason.

Our DNA does not say anything other than how to build living being. The guy calls himself a scientist, he makes all sorts of claims about studies done, but there are no sources he cited so people can check his work. he is out to make a buck, that page is shilling his books, as in multiple.

If he was a real scientist, doing real science, this would be in scientific journals. It's quackery.

There's an interesting article here, that sums up what I'm thinking, but in a much nicer way of saying it than I would do right now.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I read and have the book God Code by Greg Braden. It is probably more interesting than the interview. I have heard him several times on "Coast2Coastam" with George Nory. I recommend those that believe or not believe, should read about it. It refers to several references, like The Book of Enoch and other "lost books" of the Bible and Dead Sea Scrolls, which speaks of Creation and God's name "YHVH" on our DNA.

Fantastic book and a good reference! I for one Believe!

[edit on 7-9-2007 by AngelintheWilderness]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

hmmm, touche Major Malfunction, touche. The author of this certainly does do a good job at discrediting Gregg Braden. The author DOES however come forward to say:

There is exciting new evidence suggesting that the 90% "junk DNA" in our cells actually has grammatical structure and so may well be a language of some sort, but this is a far cry from Braden's puerile reasoning

Maybe Gregg Braden's method/evidence might be off, but there is still something that might come forward to show some sort of intelligent design. Thanks for the link.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The mistake that people make with this is that when they hear "grammar" they think of what Mrs Jones taught you in the fifth grade, which isn't what they mean here at all.

In this case they're discussing a Zipf ranking, which can indicate that there are rules (there's your grammar) in the way that the codons in DNA are organized. In other words, the codons are assembled in a meaningful way rather than randomly, and Zipf is indicating that there is a likelihood that there is a logical flow to the organization.

But you already know this. The DNA codes for structures, regulatory sequences and proteins. If it were randomly organized, then it wouldn't work very well. Of COURSE there are rules by which the groups are assembled, and that's what Zipf is showing.

It doesn't mean that it's a motorcycle maintenance book in Hebrew or something, more like you could generate a logically consistent Backus-Naur form from it, because there are rules to the assembly of the basic structures of the data.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'd like to know how you spell YHVH with ACTG.

Curiouser and curiouser ...

[edit to add:] bigbert, well played, sir.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

If you read the book God Code it will explain how they get "YHVH" connection with the DNA! If you would like you must refer to the "Sefer Yetzirah" (Hebrew, "Book of Creation") here is a link which explains the Sefer Yetzirah, or Sepher Yetzirah.

www.wbenjamin.org... or www.sacred-texts.com...

Then you have a foundation of this DNA connection. I could try to explain it then. The book explains it better.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by AngelintheWilderness]

[edit on 8-9-2007 by AngelintheWilderness]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Interesting stuff. I read a book recently that concluded with Lucifer as being the moving force in our DNA. I'll have to re-read it and compare it to the interview you've mentioned.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelintheWilderness

Good link you provided, AngelintheWilderness.

I find it an especially good one considering I had dreamt a couple of nights ago something about understanding the crowning of the letter, setting the zero and moving both directions outward from that center. I don't know much about sacred geometry and the jewish traditions but I have seen a link to this and the Great Architect referred to in some circles. Actually I find alot of correlations between them.

This dream wasn't from out of the blue, I had talked to a member who was here for a brief time and spoke of these things calling it "the construct" and it peaked my curiousity. Earlier today I googled the keywords "the throne and the alphabet" looking for some information, but the site you linked pretty much has it all.

Thought I'd share the synchronicity.

Next step is to follow the ideas to the DNA.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by interestedalways]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Thanks for sharing that! I am glad it was helpful. I believe the rest of the so called 97%"junk DNA" is for the awakening. Or as God may have it more mysteries to reveal at a later time! He knows all!

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelintheWilderness

Actually Angel, this quote actually came from somebody who really doesn't like Gregg Braden at all and doesn't care too much for his book:

There is exciting new evidence suggesting that the 90% "junk DNA" in our cells actually has grammatical structure and so may well be a language of some sort

Even one of Gregg's biggest skeptics admits that there is probably something there.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yeah, but the guy that made the quote is the editor of an online alternative magazine.

It's not exactly like we're quoting Dr Kornberg here. So who we have 'admitting' that Braden has something also has no credentials. Maybe less than Braden, and all Braden's got is a job as a former computer systems analyst, which isn't exactly applicable either.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tom Bedlam

Yeah, I'm sure he just made it all up, after discrediting Gregg Braden in order to make his negative review look worse. Makes sense. These editor types NEVER do their damn homework.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
"Junk DNA" is no longer thought to have no purpose -- it is believed to help determine encoding and which genes are turned on and off.

In molecular biology, "junk" DNA is a collective label for the portions of the DNA sequence of a chromosome or a genome for which no function has yet been identified. About 80-90% of the human genome has been designated as "junk", including most sequences within introns and most intergenic DNA. While much of this sequence may be an evolutionary artifact that serves no present-day purpose, some is believed to function in ways that are not currently understood. Moreover, the conservation of some junk DNA over many millions of years of evolution may imply an essential function. Some consider the "junk" label as something of a misnomer, but others consider it apposite as junk is stored away for possible new uses, rather than thrown out; others prefer the term "noncoding DNA" (although junk DNA often includes transposons that encode proteins with no clear value to their host genome). However it now appears that, although protein-coding DNA makes up barely 2% of the human genome, about 80% of the bases in the genome may be being expressed, which supports the view that the term "junk DNA" may be a misnomer.

There is NO message in our DNA other than instructions for building a body. Everything else is wishful thinking. If you try hard enough, you can put a "code" onto any sequence. It doesn't mean the code is there, it just means that a quack is trying to sell a book and other people want to see something that isn't there because our biology is designed to seek patterns, even when there are none.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join